Have you ever wanted to dress up like your favorite Disney character?
We all have our favorites. How fun would it be to blast off with Buzz like a space ranger or hang ten with Stitch on a wave? So, have you ever heard of the term “Disneybounding“? Let’s go over what it all means and how you can celebrate your favorite characters with style!
Disneybound is an easy way of saying “dress up in an outfit of regular, everyday clothes, that reminds you of a particular character.” Keep in mind that per Disney rules, you can’t actually dress up as your favorite character (unless you’re 13 and under) — but you can Disneybound. Again, it means your outfit is inspired by a Disney character but doesn’t directly reflect what they’re known for wearing.
Back when Galaxy’s Edge opened, Disney shared some examples of what’s permitted to wear.
And just to get them out of the way, here are the rules on Disney’s website:
For Guests ages 13 and under:
- Costumes and some costume masks may be worn; masks must provide unobstructed peripheral vision at all times with openings that allow the eyes to be fully seen.
- All Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Costumes may not contain any props or accessories that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (for example, full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords and tutus. Costume headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- Costume masks of any kind may not be worn.
Now, let’s say you do want to Disneybound. What are you to do? Check out AllEars Style of course!
Here at AllEars, we have a fun part of our site called AllEars Style! This is where we craft outfits inspired by your favorite Disney characters, parks, and more. Want to wear something for the office? Check! At home? Check! To work out? Absolutely! And, we’ve got suggestions for what to wear in the parks as well.
For any of the following outfits, click on the items to be taken directly to them to learn more about them and how to get your hands on them. So without further ado, let’s get to the outfits!
Space Ranger Outfit
First up, let’s talk about a certain space ranger. It’s always great when outfits can be worn by whoever wants to because Buzz Lightyear is for everyone.
Start by pairing those white or khaki shorts with a lime green or galaxy-print tee. And the cherry on top is a purple hat. Next, deck yourself out in Buzz Lightyear accessories to your heart’s content!
Queen of Hearts Outfit
What if feeling like a villain is more your speed? Check out this Queen of Hearts outfit for you to wear!
A simple black tank or T-shirt will be the perfect base. Go ahead and pair it with a red skirt (with hearts). Don’t forget to rock some checkered shoes and add some heart-shaped accessories like a purse and glasses. You know what? Just go all out and throw some hearts on your ears and dangle one from your neck and place that crown on your head queen!
Don’t think we’ve forgotten about your workout look. How about this one that will have you channeling a certain mermaid while you hit that cardio?
Go ahead girl and pair that purple top with your best green leggings. And top it off with a scale headband and your purple kicks.
We’ve got so many different Disneybound looks over on AllEars Style — and you can even search for your favorites! So, what do you think of Disneybounding? Will you be trying it on your next visit to the Disney Parks? Let us know in the comments and be sure to stay tuned to get all your latest outfit inspiration before your next visit.
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Have you been Disneybounding before? Tell us about your outfits in the comments below!