There are some big changes coming to Disney World, including the launch of Genie+, the new paid FastPass system. That’s right — the days of complimentary FastPasses are behind us.
This is quite a major change, so in order to help communicate this transition to guests, new leaflets are being distributed in the theme parks.
While visiting Magic Kingdom today, we received a leaflet explaining that FastPass+ is no longer available. The leaflet lets guests know that “Disney FastPass+ service has now been retired,” and that “there are many new and exciting experiences for you to enjoy.”
Here’s a closer look at the exact verbiage on his handout:
FastPass and FastPass+ have been a part of the Disney World guest experience since 1999, so this is definitely a milestone change for the theme parks — one that requires some additional communication with guests like these leaflets so they aren’t caught off guard.
Genie+ will launch sometime this fall, and we have already noticed some new “Lightning Lane” signage in the parks replacing the old FastPass signs (Lightning Lane is the new term for the FastPass lane).
We’ll keep an eye out for more new additions and announcements in the coming weeks and months as we prepare to experience Genie and Genie+ this fall!
Would you pay for Genie+? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World Planning News and Tips
- Would You Wait Over THREE Hours For Disney World’s Most Popular Ride?
- Rides You’ll Regret Paying for in Disney World
- 7 Best Tips for Avoiding the Holiday Crowds
- Don’t Miss Out on BIG Disney World Savings!
- Rides You WON’T Regret Paying for in Disney World
- Magic Kingdom Had the Longest Wait Times in Disney World Yesterday
- NEWS: U.S. Extends Mask Mandates for Travel
- Disney World’s Fireworks Packages Are Available For Booking Again
- 5 Small Changes That Would Make Disney Genie SO Much Better
- Select Nighttime Entertainment Showing NO Times Listed for December in Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!