Since Disney World began its phased reopening back in May of 2020 with Disney Springs, a majority of the resort has been able to welcome back guests. Whether it’s in the parks or the resorts, the vast majority of the offerings available at Disney World are currently available!
That said, there are still a number of hotels, restaurants, and attractions that are still closed as of this writing. If you’re heading to Disney World soon and you need to brush up on what’s NOT available, we got you covered!
There are several resort hotels still closed at this time. The ones that have yet to reopen at all include Disney’s Port Orleans Resort (both Riverside and French Quarter), Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas — Jambo House.
But, it won’t be much longer that these resorts are closed — all six resorts have announced their reopening plans.
Keep in mind that all of the resorts are still operating on limited capacity, with certain amenities temporarily unavailable or on limited availability.
There are a surprisingly large amount of restaurants that are still closed in Disney World. The major dining locations that are still closed at open spots (not including hotels that are still closed) are:
In the Parks:
- Columbia Harbour House (Magic Kingdom) — reopening August 5th
- The Diamond Horseshoe (Magic Kingdom)
- Tortuga Tavern (Magic Kingdom)
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (EPCOT)
- Monsieur Paul (EPCOT)
- Nine Dragons Restaurant (EPCOT)
- Restaurant Marrakesh (EPCOT)
- Takumi-Tei (EPCOT)
- Tokyo Dining (EPCOT)
- Caravan Road (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Pizzafari (Disney’s Animal Kingdom) — reopening August 2nd
- Catalina Eddie’s (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Dockside Diner (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Neighborhood Bakery (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Tune-In Lounge (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
In the Resorts:
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue (Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort)
- Victoria & Albert’s (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa)
- 1900 Park Fare (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort)
- Spyglass Grill (Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort)
- Oasis Bar & Grill (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort)
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort)
- Yachtsman Steakhouse (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort) — reopening August 5th
- Jiko (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Boma (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Cape Town Lounge and Bar (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Victoria Falls Lounge (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Crew’s Cup Lounge (Disney’s Yacht Club Resort)
- Flying Fish (Disney’s BoardWalk)
- ESPN Club (Disney’s BoardWalk)
- Funnel Cake Cart (Disney’s BoardWalk)
- The To-Go Cart (Disney’s BoardWalk)
- Toledo (Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort) — reopening August 5th
- The Turf Club Bar and Grill (Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa)
Rides and Attractions
There are also a few rides, attractions, and even a water park that have remain closed since Disney World reopened. At the top of the list is the Walt Disney World Railroad. This ride has been closed for a VERY long time, not from the COVID closures but rather from the construction happening over in Tomorrowland on TRON Lightcycle Power Run.
And, while Blizzard Beach reopened in March of 2021, we are still awaiting the reopening announcement for Typhoon Lagoon. Currently, Disney had made plans to only open one water park in early 2021, so we will have to keep our eyes peeled for more information from Disney in the coming months.
Finally, many of the stage shows and performances (including meet and greets) throughout the Disney Parks have also remained closed since reopening. These include:
- Finding Nemo the Musical (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Up! A Great Bird Adventure (Disney’s Animal Kingdom)
- Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage (Disney’s Hollywood Studios) — reopening August 15th
- Fantasmic! (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (Magic Kingdom) — reopening August 8th
- Turtle Talk With Crush (EPCOT) — reopening August 21st
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid (Disney’s Hollywood Studios)
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire (Magic Kingdom)
We anticipate all of these locations, rides, and shows to reopen at some point, it’s all just a matter of when Disney makes any additional announcements! When that happens, we will fill you in with all the latest reopening information!
Disney World Planning News and Tips
- Disney World Announces Passholder Previews for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure!
- 18 Rides Had Wait Times Over an Hour in Disney World Today
- BREAKING: Disney World Annual Passes WILL Return By 50th Anniversary
- 6 Disney World Rides Had 100-Minute Wait Times Today!
- NEWS: Over 20 Spirit Airlines Flights Out of Orlando Have Been Canceled Today
- Hear Us Out — You Need to Take a Break at Walt Disney World
- Summer Crowds Are Still in FULL Swing in Disney World
- How LONG Are You Willing to Wait For Your Favorite Disney World Rides?
- All the Discount to Help You Save on Your Disney World Vacation
- We Go to Disney World Every Day — and You’re Skipping the Best Parts!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!