Since Disney World began its phased reopening back in May of 2020 with Disney Springs, a majority of the resort has been able to welcome back guests. Whether it’s in the parks or the resorts, the vast majority of the offerings available at Disney World are currently available!
That said, there are a number of hotels, restaurants, and attractions that are still closed as of this writing. If you’re heading to Disney World soon and you need to brush up on what’s NOT available, we got you covered!
At this time, all of Disney World’s Resort hotels have reopened for guests.
Keep in mind that there may still be certain amenities temporarily unavailable or on limited availability.
There are still just a few restaurants that are closed in Disney World. The major dining locations that are still closed are:
In the Parks:
- Restaurant Marrakesh (EPCOT)
- Tomorrowland Terrace (Magic Kingdom)
In the Resorts:
- 1900 Park Fare (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort)
- Garden View Tea Room (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort)
- Cape Town Lounge and Bar (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort) — Permanently closed
- ESPN Club (Disney’s BoardWalk) — Permanently closed
- Funnel Cake Cart (Disney’s BoardWalk) — Permanently closed
Rides and Attractions
After a very long closure, the Walt Disney World Railroad finally reopened when construction on TRON Lightcycle / Run was completed. Now, other than planned refurbishments/closures, all attractions have reopened.
Many of the stage shows and performances (including some meet and greets) throughout the Disney Parks have returned, but there is one that remains closed since 2020. These is Voyage of the Little Mermaid in Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
We anticipate all of these locations, rides, and shows to reopen or be replaced at some point, it’s all just a matter of when Disney makes any additional announcements! When that happens, we will fill you in with all the latest reopening information.
Stay tuned to All Ears for more news and updates.
5 Things That Should Be “Banned” in Disney World But Aren’t
Disney World Planning News and Tips
- It Might Be HARDER to Ride Slinky Dog Dash in Disney World Right Now
- Proof That Ride Closures Have a Bigger Impact in Disney World Than You Think
- 4 Closures That Could Impact Your Next Disney World Trip
- No, This Isn’t a Dream. You Really CAN Get Unlimited Flights for Just $299
- Over 20 Rides Were Closed in Disney World in ONE Day
- The CHEAPEST Days to Go to Disney World in 2024
- The Four Rides You Should Expect to Wait HOURS For in Disney World
- The Most Expensive Days To Go to Disney World in 2024
- Best Sandals for Disney World
- You DON’T Want To Go to Disney World in March 2024 — Here’s Why
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
What closed attraction or restaurant do you miss the most in Disney World? Tell us in the comments!
11 Replies to “What STILL Hasn’t Reopened in Walt Disney World?”
I miss Boma! The food and the cast members
And would do Victoria and Alberts again – as we have learned, just being here is a special celebration!
We were just at MK tonight – the park was open until 9PM but by 7PM there were only snack carts available for food (popcorn, pretzels and churros) This has been going on since their re-opening last summer. I would think that with the reservation system they know how many guests are coming each day and can plan to have more food available – even quick service like Launch Pad and Friar Tuck’s Tots . . . really sad to get to the park and have popcorn for dinner. MK and Disney can and should do better.
I didn’t see any mention of Diamond Horseshoe at MK. Still closed and I’m desperate for their reopening.
We will be there next month and hoped to take a day to walk around some resorts we haven’t stayed in yet, such as Riverside and French Quarter. Though they’re not accepting reservations, are they open to pedestrian traffic? We’d love to take a stroll there to check it out.
So when will resorts that have been open (like Caribbean Resort) have its table service restaurant.
I want to hear something about the Laugh Floor. It seems like that would be a relatively easy one to re-hire cast members for since the animation for each show doesn’t change, just the jokes and interaction with the crowd. As a former “that guy”, our family can’t wait for this attraction to re-open!
Any word on the club level rooms? I have a reservation in August at Jambo, but seriously reconsidering now, especially with Boma and Jiko closed as well :/
Any word on ESPN Club on the Boardwalk? I heard rumors that it is not coming back!
Has Animal Kingdom Lodge reopened?
Hi Theresa, it has! Right now only select DVC rooms are available to book like the other hotels, but can be booked by non-DVC members.
You forgot Jiko and Boma!!