The ride uses a virtual queue that guests must book through My Disney Experience. The daily ride capacity will usually fill up in a matter of seconds. If you secure a Boarding Group (line in the virtual queue) you will have to wait until your group is called. This can take several hours depending on what group you’re in. Lately, we’ve experienced some surprising results when booking a spot in line at this popular attraction!
Just last week, we were able to get a Boarding Group during the 1PM booking release time. We expected the remaining groups to be snatched quickly like they usually do. It wasn’t until about two hours later that the virtual queue was filled to capacity! Today, we experienced another Rise of the Resistance phenomenon.
We booked a Boarding Group this morning at 7AM and landed in Group 25. We were given an approximate wait time of 200 minutes until our group would be called. Guests normally have a 60-minute window to return to the queue and board the ride once notified. This is currently stated on the Disney World website.
Today, the My Disney Appearance app said we actually have 80 minutes to return! You can see the verbiage at the bottom of the screenshot from our app. “Return to the experience entrance within 80 minutes of when your group is called, then scan your MagicBand or card to enter.”
The increased return time is among several changes made to the Boarding Group process in the last few months. Hopefully, the changes will make it a bit easier to book a pass in the future. We’ll continue to update you on the Boarding Group process and our best tips for snagging a pass!
Have you had success booking Rise of the Resistance? Let us know your best tips in the comments!
Disney World News!
- Could This Mean the Eat to the Beat Concert Series Will Return to EPCOT?
- We Found the Most Photogenic Couple in Disney World
- We Spotted One of the Fab Five in a New Spot in Disney World Today
- Ranking the Walt Disney World Pre-Shows
- AllEars TV: The Top 4 Worst Rides in EPCOT
- What’s Going On Here?! Cinderella Castle Is Looking DIFFERENT Today
- Cuteness Alert! Baby Rhino Joins the Herd at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- PHOTOS: Construction Walls Around Spaceship Earth in EPCOT Are DOWN
- EPCOT’s New Park Map Features a Few Exciting Additions!
- You Could Tour an Entire LAND Waiting for This Disney Ride Today!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!