Josh D’Amaro Chairman, Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, gave a keynote session for the IAAPA virtual Expo this morning.
The session hit on anticipated news like the projected opening date for Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure. D’Amaro also claimed that the EPCOT transformation and reimagining will continue. During this segment, he gave everyone a huge preview of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind coaster coming soon to EPCOT.
Disney gave a first look at the tracks inside the building that will take guests on a journey through the galaxy. D’Amaro notes that the ride system will use “groundbreaking” roller coaster technology. The ride vehicles will be able to move independently at 360 degrees and have the ability to do a reverse-launch!
The cars will liken to the omnimover vehicles used in the Haunted Mansion and other Disney attractions. Only, the vehicles can move in any direction while traveling at high speed! The flexibility of the vehicle movement will allow guests to focus on certain scenes. We’re curious to see what scenes will be present during the coaster. One thing’s for sure, it will be an entirely new roller coaster experience that we haven’t seen at a Disney park before.
The roller coaster is set to open in 2021. Stay tuned as we discuss more information given by Josh D’Amaro at the virtual expo!
Disney World News!
- PHOTOS: A Colorful Face Mask With FIGMENT Has Arrived in EPCOT!
- PHOTOS! New Designer ‘Up’ Mickey Ears Arrive at Disney World!
- PHOTOS: Monorail Platform Demolished at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- PHOTOS: Rivers of America is Being Refilled in Disney World!
- BREAKING: ‘Festival of the Lion King’ Returning to Disney World Later This Year
- Is It FINALLY Getting Easier to Snag a Rise Boarding Group in Disney World?
- The Most Boring Disney World Rides We Actually Love
- PHOTOS: Harmonious Barge Tests Out Show Technology Today in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: See the New Dumbo-Inspired Costumes at This Disney World Spot
- PHOTOS: Tom Sawyer Island Refurbishment Progressing in Disney World!
Are you excited about the new attraction? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!