Disney recently announced that the iconic Disney World entrance signs will be getting a makeover with colors similar to the ones being used for the refurbishment of the Magic Kingdom sign and Cinderella Castle.
Recently, we also shared that Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat in Magic Kingdom would be closed for a rather lengthy refurbishment. We’re now seeing that the refurbishment of both of these attractions will be extended further into 2021.
Previously, the Disney calendar showed that both attractions would be closed starting October 5th, 2020 through January 2nd, 2021 for their refurbishments.
When we now check the Disney World calendar, however, it lists the refurbishment for both attractions through February 28th, 2021. As with many things at Disney World, this is subject to change, so we will keep checking the refurbishment calendar to see if we notice any further extensions or other changes.
We recently saw another project in Magic Kingdom — the refurbishment of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover — also extended. We’ll be looking for more construction and refurbishment updates around Disney World, so be sure to come back for all the latest news.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- AllEars TV: The Biggest Decision You’ll Make in Disney World’s Hollywood Studios
- BREAKING: Masks Will Be Optional in Most Disney World Locations Soon
- NEWS: Disney Springs Extends Summer Hours
- NEWS: Disney Introducing NEW Educational Workshops for Students Soon
- Disney World Adds Standby Wording to Wait Times
- VIDEO: We Saw Remy in a SURPRISING Spot Today in EPCOT!
- AllEars TV: Disney World Is Changing
- BREAKING: Potential Power Outage Closes Nearly Every Ride in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Loki Fans! There Are 2 NEW Treats For You to Get in Disney World!
- AllEars TV: Experiment: How Long Are the Lines in Magic Kingdom?
Have you ever been over to Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments!