Disney recently announced that the iconic Disney World entrance signs will be getting a makeover with colors similar to the ones being used for the refurbishment of the Magic Kingdom sign and Cinderella Castle.
Recently, we also shared that Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat in Magic Kingdom would be closed for a rather lengthy refurbishment. We’re now seeing that the refurbishment of both of these attractions will be extended further into 2021.
Previously, the Disney calendar showed that both attractions would be closed starting October 5th, 2020 through January 2nd, 2021 for their refurbishments.
When we now check the Disney World calendar, however, it lists the refurbishment for both attractions through February 28th, 2021. As with many things at Disney World, this is subject to change, so we will keep checking the refurbishment calendar to see if we notice any further extensions or other changes.
We recently saw another project in Magic Kingdom — the refurbishment of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover — also extended. We’ll be looking for more construction and refurbishment updates around Disney World, so be sure to come back for all the latest news.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- Main Street Confectionery Now Showing Hours on Disney World Website
- PHOTOS: There’s a New 50th Anniversary Popcorn Bucket in Disney World
- Is the Ferrytale Fireworks Dessert Cruise Worth the Cost in Disney World?
- The Disney World Park That Looks NOTHING Like it Did on Opening Day
- AllEars TV: The BEST Part of EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Boat Rentals are BACK at Select Disney World Resorts!
- The Most Confusing Parts of Disney Genie Explained
- EVERY Lightning Lane Sign We’ve Seen So Far in Disney World!
- NEWS: Showtimes Released for Disney KiteTails at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- EPCOT is the Place to BE For Low Wait Times in Disney World!
Have you ever been over to Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments!