Disney recently announced that the iconic Disney World entrance signs will be getting a makeover with colors similar to the ones being used for the refurbishment of the Magic Kingdom sign and Cinderella Castle.
Recently, we also shared that Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat in Magic Kingdom would be closed for a rather lengthy refurbishment. We’re now seeing that the refurbishment of both of these attractions will be extended further into 2021.
Previously, the Disney calendar showed that both attractions would be closed starting October 5th, 2020 through January 2nd, 2021 for their refurbishments.
When we now check the Disney World calendar, however, it lists the refurbishment for both attractions through February 28th, 2021. As with many things at Disney World, this is subject to change, so we will keep checking the refurbishment calendar to see if we notice any further extensions or other changes.
We recently saw another project in Magic Kingdom — the refurbishment of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover — also extended. We’ll be looking for more construction and refurbishment updates around Disney World, so be sure to come back for all the latest news.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- News! The Skyliner is Currently Down in Disney World!
- Sivako! We Found Two New Pandora Items in Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- PHOTOS: These Limited Edition Pins in Disney World Are Commemorating 20 Years of Disney Pins!
- These Are the 8 Best Eats You’re Going to Want to Try at EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- Photos! Winnie the Pooh’s Holiday Outfit is Bringing All the Christmas Cheer in EPCOT!
- PHOTOS: Here Are the Crowds We Saw in Disney World During Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Someone Was Missing from the Mickey & Friends Holiday Cavalcade in EPCOT Today!
- Six Best Things You Can Do at Walt Disney World for the 2020 Holidays
- NEWS: The Feeding Ground Has Reopened At Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
- JOYFUL! Has Returned to the for the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!
Have you ever been over to Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments!