Disney recently announced that the iconic Disney World entrance signs will be getting a makeover with colors similar to the ones being used for the refurbishment of the Magic Kingdom sign and Cinderella Castle.
Recently, we also shared that Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat in Magic Kingdom would be closed for a rather lengthy refurbishment. We’re now seeing that the refurbishment of both of these attractions will be extended further into 2021.
Previously, the Disney calendar showed that both attractions would be closed starting October 5th, 2020 through January 2nd, 2021 for their refurbishments.
When we now check the Disney World calendar, however, it lists the refurbishment for both attractions through February 28th, 2021. As with many things at Disney World, this is subject to change, so we will keep checking the refurbishment calendar to see if we notice any further extensions or other changes.
We recently saw another project in Magic Kingdom — the refurbishment of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover — also extended. We’ll be looking for more construction and refurbishment updates around Disney World, so be sure to come back for all the latest news.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- Disney World Announces UPDATED Way to Make Your Own FREE Souvenir
- You Can Get a FULL Holiday Meal in Disney World for Under $40!
- Yes, We Counted. Disney World Had 17 (!!!) Rides With 60+ Minute Wait Times in One Day
- HURRY! Disney’s Limited-Time Gideon’s Bakehouse Treat Is Gonna Be POPULAR!
- Disney World’s 50th Anniversary Gold Statues Have CHANGED… Again
- This Disney World Cast Member’s ONE Gesture Restored Our Faith in Humanity
- This Celebrity Sighting in Disney World Proves You NEVER Know Who You Might See!
- Is Bob Iger WRONG About “Woke Agendas” in Movies?
- It Just Got Trickier to Ride Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney World
- NEWS: Disney World Files Permits for Hotel CHANGES
Have you ever been over to Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments!