Disney recently announced that the iconic Disney World entrance signs will be getting a makeover with colors similar to the ones being used for the refurbishment of the Magic Kingdom sign and Cinderella Castle.
Recently, we also shared that Tom Sawyer Island and the Liberty Square Riverboat in Magic Kingdom would be closed for a rather lengthy refurbishment. We’re now seeing that the refurbishment of both of these attractions will be extended further into 2021.
Previously, the Disney calendar showed that both attractions would be closed starting October 5th, 2020 through January 2nd, 2021 for their refurbishments.
When we now check the Disney World calendar, however, it lists the refurbishment for both attractions through February 28th, 2021. As with many things at Disney World, this is subject to change, so we will keep checking the refurbishment calendar to see if we notice any further extensions or other changes.
We recently saw another project in Magic Kingdom — the refurbishment of the Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover — also extended. We’ll be looking for more construction and refurbishment updates around Disney World, so be sure to come back for all the latest news.
Recent Stories About Disney World
- Disney World Is Falling Apart…Literally 😳
- CHANGES Come to Cirque du Soleil’s Showtimes in Disney Springs
- 9 NEW Snacks To Check Out This Month in Disney World
- AllEars TV: The WORST Parts of Disney World
- Candlelight Processional Dining Package Reservations Now Available for 2022 EPCOT Festival of the Holidays
- The Latest CHANGES for TRON in Disney World
- AllEars TV: What Actually Happened During A Hurricane in Disney World
- $5 Throwback Halloween Movies Coming to Disney Springs!
- Disney’s Newest “Snacks” Aren’t for Eating
- The Highest Wait Time in Disney World Was 3 HOURS Long Yesterday
Have you ever been over to Tom Sawyer Island? Let us know in the comments!