The sign that welcomes visitors to the Magic Kingdom is getting a bit of a facelift. Royal blue has replaced the aqua arches and the lettering is getting a glittery gold update. Once the sign is finished, it will match the 50th-anniversary paint job of Cinderella Castle. Come take look at the beloved welcome sign’s progress!
Painters are making their way across the aqua blue arches and reaching new territory. Instead of painting all the archways at once, they are completing one section at a time. This process allows for a only few lanes to be closed at a time, as opposed to all lanes being closed at once.
The painters are giving the lettering and arches a good coat of primer before splashing on the royal blue and gold. We’re now getting a better look at what the finished product may look like.
The photos here don’t really do the paint job justice. The gold lettering really sparkles in the Florida sun and the royal blue gives it a more modern look. We’ll continue to make our way through the iconic sign and give you more updates!
Disney Construction Update
- TWO Classic Attractions, an Underrated Shop, and MORE Closed in Disney World Next Week
- 3 Attractions, 1 Shop, and More Will Be CLOSED in Disney World Next Week!
- 2 Continuing Closures (And 1 New One!) in Disney World Next Week!
- 3 Long-Term Closures End as Others Continue in Disney World This Week
- 2 Spots Will Reopen as More Remain CLOSED in Disney World Next Week
- One Closure Ends But Five More Continue in Disney World This Week
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- Take a Look at the New Website and Concept Art for Space 220 in EPCOT!
- Check Out the Aerial View of Construction on Disney World’s Fantasmic!
- First Look at the Sign for EPCOT’s Upcoming Creations Shop
What do you think of the new look? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!