The sign that welcomes visitors to the Magic Kingdom is getting a bit of a facelift. Royal blue has replaced the aqua arches and the lettering is getting a glittery gold update. Once the sign is finished, it will match the 50th-anniversary paint job of Cinderella Castle. Come take look at the beloved welcome sign’s progress!
Painters are making their way across the aqua blue arches and reaching new territory. Instead of painting all the archways at once, they are completing one section at a time. This process allows for a only few lanes to be closed at a time, as opposed to all lanes being closed at once.
The painters are giving the lettering and arches a good coat of primer before splashing on the royal blue and gold. We’re now getting a better look at what the finished product may look like.
The photos here don’t really do the paint job justice. The gold lettering really sparkles in the Florida sun and the royal blue gives it a more modern look. We’ll continue to make our way through the iconic sign and give you more updates!
Disney Construction Update
- ANOTHER Pool Closure Announced for Disney Resorts
- NEW Hotel Planned Near Disney World
- BREAKING: Splash Mountain Gets a Closing DATE in Disney World
- See the New CHANGES at Disney World’s Toy Story Restaurant — Roundup Rodeo BBQ
- New Construction UPDATES from Roundup Rodeo BBQ in Disney World
- Changes Made to Some of Disney World’s Biggest Construction Projects
- The Latest UPDATES on Disney’s Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant
- UPDATE on Location of The Cake Bake Shop at Disney’s BoardWalk
- 9 Big Construction Updates to Know Before Your Next Disney Trip
- 5 Big Construction Updates from Disney World This Week
What do you think of the new look? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!