It’s an exciting time for Epcot! The park is in the middle of a multi-year transformation. We’ve learned about a new addition to the list of upcoming changes.
The Morocco pavilion’s Gallery of Arts and History recently opened a special exhibit, “Race Against the Sun: Ancient Technique to Modern Competition”.
The exhibit showcases the history of the ancient inhabitants of the Sahara, the Berbers, as well as two modern-day competitions: The Marathon des Sables (Marathon of the Sands) and The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc (Rally of the Gazelles).
The immersive experiences include a diorama of Marathon of the Sands with race gear and trophies from competitors as well as an interactive photo opportunity highlighting the off-road, all-woman desert rally, the Rally of the Gazelles. In addition to learning about these two incredibly intense competitions that take place in the Sahara Desert you can learn about the origin of Sahara’s Berbers.
You can sample a traditional food that is served to runners during the races (and featured in the exhibit). Tangierine Cafe will be serving “sellou,” an energy packed snack made with sesame seeds and almonds.
Will you be stopping by this new exhibit on your next visit to Epcot? Let us know in the comments.
Want to learn more about Epcot's transformation? We can help!
- The Disney World Construction Projects You Completely Forgot About
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Construction Progress on EPCOT’s New Moana-Inspired Attraction
- BREAKING: Harmonious Opening Date Announced at EPCOT
- PHOTOS: Another Look at the DETAILS Inside EPCOT’s New Creations Shop!
- PHOTOS: A Closer Look at the BRAND NEW Shop Replacing Mouse Gear in Disney World!
- Disney World’s Most Infamous Beverage is Returning to EPCOT’s New Club Cool
- Club Cool at Disney World Will Return Soon, and We’ve Got NEW Design Details!
- What’s Going on With Disney World’s Guardians of the Galaxy Ride?
- Every Announcement Disney Would Like You to Forget
- NEWS: Club Cool is RETURNING to EPCOT!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
What experience are you most excited for as part of Epcot’s Transformation? Let us know below!