It’s an exciting time for Epcot! The park is in the middle of a multi-year transformation. We’ve learned about a new addition to the list of upcoming changes.
The Morocco pavilion’s Gallery of Arts and History recently opened a special exhibit, “Race Against the Sun: Ancient Technique to Modern Competition”.
The exhibit showcases the history of the ancient inhabitants of the Sahara, the Berbers, as well as two modern-day competitions: The Marathon des Sables (Marathon of the Sands) and The Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles du Maroc (Rally of the Gazelles).
The immersive experiences include a diorama of Marathon of the Sands with race gear and trophies from competitors as well as an interactive photo opportunity highlighting the off-road, all-woman desert rally, the Rally of the Gazelles. In addition to learning about these two incredibly intense competitions that take place in the Sahara Desert you can learn about the origin of Sahara’s Berbers.
You can sample a traditional food that is served to runners during the races (and featured in the exhibit). Tangierine Cafe will be serving “sellou,” an energy packed snack made with sesame seeds and almonds.
Will you be stopping by this new exhibit on your next visit to Epcot? Let us know in the comments.
Want to learn more about Epcot's transformation? We can help!
- New Details about Epcot’s Space 220 Restaurant — Including a Lounge and Shift in Cuisine
- Start Dates Revealed for Three New Epcot Films — PLUS Which Canadians Will Narrate Far & Wide?
- Warm Up Your Vocals! We’re Sharing New Details about Epcot’s Beauty & the Beast Sing-Along!
- Signs of Progress for Epcot’s Awesome Planet!
- Need a Mental Break from Prepping for Thanksgiving? Here are Five Fun AllEars Reads to Take You Away!
- Surprise! New Epcot Guide Map Reveals Official Info for Space 220 and Regal Eagle!
- NEWS: Epcot International Gateway has a New Look and Will Soon Have a New Lobby
- Epcot Construction Update: Fountain View Demolition Underway in Future World
- Full of Turkey? Here are 7 Disney Topics to Discuss Over Dessert!
- Epcot’s Transformation: How Dividing Epcot into Four Neighborhoods will Unite the Park More than Ever
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
What experience are you most excited for as part of Epcot’s Transformation? Let us know below!