Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by mycadoo Review Date: 02/01/2013

Hotel was over booked with tour groups it clearly cannot handle. Apparently individual families don't matter, only the money they get from these groups. Food court is overrun, yelling screaming, stomping, it's a nightmare.

Pros:

Cons:

Noisy over crowded and management doesnt address issues

Reviewed by KrazeeK120 Review Date: 01/30/2013

Stayed here 1/17-1/20.

Checked in around 10 PM. We had requested a king room in the '50s section, which we got. We ate at the food court the first night and the food was good. My husband ate breakfast all 3 days and said it was good.

The room was clean and well-lit. The bed was a little hard for my taste, as were the pillows.

The parking lot was pretty close to our room.

The entire resort was lively and fun to be at. The store in the main building was great - had a large selection of items.

Pros:

Clean, friendly, good food court & shopping

Cons:

Beds were hard

Reviewed by SimplyGoofy Review Date: 01/30/2013

We've stayed at POP twice now, and we've been pleased both times. The cast members are friendly and knowledgable, check-in/check-out is easy, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I was worried that my family of 4 would feel cramped in the room, but we did just fine the entire week.

The bus service at POP is actually very efficient compared to some of the deluxe resorts we visited. We consider this resort to be a great value and will stay here again and again.

Pros:

Value and bus service

Reviewed by sreis2010 Review Date: 01/16/2013

We have visted POP 3 years in a row and will continue to stay here for years to come. The front desk was extremely helpful, accomadating and always smiling. Food court had a great selection of food, our room was always clean. I have stayed at the moderate resorts and I definately prefer to stay at the Pop its just more inviting.

Pros:

clean, fun, outstanding customer service

Cons:

non

Reviewed by alllie1 Review Date: 01/15/2013

We stayed here from 1/3-1/6. We did online check-in and when we arrived, our room was not ready, so we took our keys and the front desk clerk said we would get a text when our room was ready (which arrived about 12:30pm).

When we arrived, the room was clean enough but no towel animal or towel Mickey waiting to greet us (a definite disappointment, since it was our baby's first stay on property and she's a big Mickey Mouse fan). The comforter was covered in hair, which we promptly removed to the top shelf of the closet and remade the bed with our own linens brought from home. Our first night, we had company in the room in the form of a giant palmetto bug which was running up the walls. Not the hotel's fault, since it is Florida, but very unpleasant anyway. The fridge was great to have but VERY loud and buzzed all night. We also only got about 3 channels clearly- everything else said that there was no signal. We assumed it was a resort wide problem and didn't report it until later in our stay, when we were told it was not a problem for anyone else.

I normally don't have the room made up for short stays but we ended up with a handicapped roll-in shower, so we needed dry towels each day since the water went all over the bathroom. Also, I have read such great things about the housekeepers arranging the kids' stuffed toys and things as well as towel animals, so I was excited to return each day to see what was going on in the room. We didn't receive a single one the entire stay. One day, we received a hand towel with a giant hole in it as well as a large black stain- the next day, no hand towels at all.

We also went to morning EMH at Hollywood Studios with about 10,000 others- not so magical. Fastpasses were gone for Toy Story before 10am (we arrived by 7:45am) and lines for everything were outrageous. It was a disappointing stay and I can't say we will return anytime soon. We own timeshare through Hilton and would rather stay there. On property no longer has the "magic" it once did.

Pros:

Fun theming

Cons:

Poor housekeeping, crowded

Reviewed by jking6 Review Date: 01/07/2013

Hands down, the best value resort on property. Always great people at check in, food court and gift store great. I have stayed at 6 deluxe resorts, 2 moderates and all but 1 value. I love the price and location of Pop. To us, it is our secret moderate due to bus service, food court and location. We have stayed more nights here than all other resorts put together.

Pros:

Location, buses regularly, friendly CM's always helpful.

Reviewed by marathonminnie Review Date: 01/02/2013

We are always very happy at Pop. The rooms are tiny, but we've learned to accommodate for the size. We will be staying there again soon, as no other resort feels like home the way that Pop does. It is definitely a must do for people who are park commandos who only use their rooms to sleep.

Pros:

Frequent buses, wonderful theming, ease of access to everything

Cons:

Cramped rooms