UPDATE: Since the writing of this post, Disney has updated their face mask policy to allow guests to remove the masks for outdoor attractions.
Now, Disney requires that all guests wear masks, regardless of vaccination status, at all indoor locations including “upon entering and throughout many attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles.” And, if you’ll be headed into the parks anytime soon, there’s one thing that you should know about the mask policy when it comes to riding Disney’s attractions.
Currently, masks are still optional for guests in all outdoor locations, but the guidelines do extend to a few outdoor areas — outdoor ride queues and outdoor rides.
So, when you hop in line for attractions like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train in Magic Kingdom, you’ll need to wear your mask from when you pass through the line’s entrance all the way until you get off the ride and exit the attraction.
And, this is how Disney is applying the policy at all outdoor attractions including:
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant at Magic Kingdom
- Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin at Magic Kingdom
- Tomorrowland Speedway at Magic Kingdom
- Mad Tea Party at Magic Kingdom
- The Barnstormer at Magic Kingdom
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Magic Kingdom
- Splash Mountain at Magic Kingdom
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel at Magic Kingdom
- Astro Orbitor at Magic Kingdom
- Liberty Square Riverboat at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kilimanjaro Safaris at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Kali River Rapids at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- TriceraTop Spin at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Slinky Dog Dash at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Alien Swirling Saucers at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Test Track at EPCOT
Of course, face masks are also required at all indoor attractions too, so be sure that you have your face mask with you when you’re visiting Disney World next. And, in the meantime, stay tuned to AllEars for more Disney news and updates!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
What is your favorite Disney World attraction? Let us know in the comments!