Despite Disney Springs being back in business for over a month, some restaurants and shops are starting to reel back on operating hours. Already, we’ve seen stores like UNIQLO re-close their Disney Springs location until further notice.
Executive orders mandating the closure of bars meant that Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar and Dockside Margaritas needed to re-close. Now, we are starting to see news of layoffs coming for employees at two dining locations in Disney Springs.
Levy Restaurants, which owns Paddlefish as well as Terralina Crafted Italian, announced that dozens of lay offs will be coming to their employees. On top of those lay offs, dozens of additional employees will start to see their hours being cut, according to WESH News.
Much of Levy Restaurants’ business comes from providing food and beverages to major sports venues and entertainment venues, whose operations have all been suspended amidst the global health crisis.
Because of this, business seems to be suffering due to the “cancellation of large events” and the “continued unforeseen business circumstances created by recent sports league announcements that teams would not return to playing in front of fans for a number of months,” as stated by a letter released by the company.
The company also pointed out that all employees that are receiving lay offs will be invited to apply to future positions when business returns to normal.
Have you visited Disney Springs since it reopened in May? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!