When we stopped by the Monorail resorts, we checked in on the progress that has been made thus far to the Grand Floridian walkway being built so guests can walk over to Magic Kingdom.
This walkway will allow pedestrian access to Magic Kingdom from Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. Currently, the only Monorail resort that has access to Magic Kingdom by foot is Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Once this walkway is complete, you could technically walk from any of the three Monorail resorts to Magic Kingdom, since Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is already connected to the Grand Floridian via walkway.
This would alleviate some pressure on the Monorail, which often sees periods of high volumes of guests at certain times of the day.
There is currently no timeline on when we can expect this walk way to be finished, but stay tuned for further updates and photos!
Which of the three Monorail resorts is your favorite? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about Disney World's Reopening?
- Here’s ALL the Latest News on Disney World’s Reopening Plans!
- We're Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World's Reservation System and MORE!
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- Disney World Will Be Implementing a New Theme Park Reservation System When the Parks Reopen!
- The Disney Parks Closures: Here's Everything We Know
- Disney World Announces the Opening Dates for Its Resort Hotels!
- Here Are All the Details You Need to Know About Disney World’s Reopening Proposal
- Disney World’s Parades, Fireworks, and MORE Will Be Initially Suspended During the Phased Reopening
- Check Out Disney World’s New Signage That Will Be Present When Theme Parks Reopen!
- Disney World Hopes to Implement “Relaxation Zones” for Guests to Take Off Their Masks!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!