Last night’s barrage of news regarding FastPass+ cancellations, the suspension of Extra Magic Hours, and the cancellation of Disney Dining Plans at Walt Disney World has thrown a wrench into the Park, Resort, and dining plans of guests as the World works to reopen later this year.
Tucked into that news, we also learned that Advance Dining Reservations made through Disney reservations or My Disney Experience will be cancelled as well. And for guests and locals who like to flex their foodie muscles at Disney Springs’ dozens of terrific dining spots, ADR cancellations leave them hungry for more.
But there’s some good news on this front. Many of the third-party-owned and -operated restaurants in Disney Springs also offer reservations via OpenTable, an online reservations system used by restaurants all over the country. OpenTable has hosted reservations for Disney Springs restaurants for a long time, and right now, while Disney cancels reservations made via its own system, OpenTable reservations still stand. Not only that, you can also make new ones.
So if you’re hungry for some grasshopper guacamole at Frontera Cocina or you want to sip on a cocktail at Wine Bar George, you can still make that happen with a reservation through OpenTable.
Bonus tip: even when the Advance Dining Reservation system is working as usual, you can make reservations on OpenTable without a credit card to hold for no-shows, meaning you won’t be charged if you can’t make it to your reservation.
Do you use OpenTable for your Disney dining reservations? Tell us about your experience in the comments below.
Learn more about Disney World’s reopening proposal and all the changes it entails here.
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World