Last month we reported that the construction walls constricting Epcot’s main entrance were down, allowing guests to flow freely toward that giant, beloved golf ball without fear of walking directly into a Dream Builders sign. Bonus: holiday crowds could get their entrance shots with the planting bed display instead of a wall.
Unfortunately, it seems like that was just a temporary measure because the walls are back. Boooo.
The new walls feature the same colorful designs we’ve seen around the park and are back to constrict and funnel guests toward Spaceship Earth as they have since the renovation started. This also likely means that the number of available gates will be reduced at the main entrance.
Well, that’s interesting. It seems like the designs aren’t entirely the same. A few new characters have been added, like the star of Big Hero 6 seen above. Previous iterations of the walls had the stylized logos for new attractions and lands but no explicit characters. Since the Baymax meet and greet is unavailable (see more about character meet changes here), we’re hoping this means the lovable inflatable robot isn’t gone from the park forever.
I suppose we’ll just need to wait and see. Until then, leave a comment and be sure to follow us for more news on Epcot’s ongoing transformation.
Epcot's transformation isn't just for Tomorrow's Child. Catch up on the updates here!
- What Disney DIDN’T Answer During Their Quarterly Earnings Report!
- News! Disney Has Postposed 2 Big EPCOT Attractions!
- NEWS! Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Revealed He’s Working on the New Coaster in Disney World!
- Rumored World Showcase Attractions That We Would Totally Be On Board For at EPCOT
- PHOTOS: You’ve Never Seen Disney World Like This Before!