Recipes Kokonut Rice Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 4 servings
1 cup Basmati Rice (may substitute with jasmine or long grain rice)
2 tablespoons Canola or Vegetable Oil
½ teaspoon Minced Garlic
1/3 cup Spanish or Red Onion, small diced
1 cup Water
1 can Unsweetened Coconut Milk (shake can well as the milk separates)
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
Pinch White Pepper (optional)
¼ cup Grated Carrots
¼ cup Grated Sweetened Coconut
1 tablespoon Cilantro, finely chopped (may substitute with parsley)
Method of Preparation:
1. Place oil in saucepan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and onions for one minute.
2. Add rice and stir until rice is coated with oil. Add water and stir well. Bring to a boil.
3. Add coconut milk, stir, and cover. Lower heat to a simmer. Let cook for 15 minutes undisturbed.
4. Remove lid and add reminder of ingredients except for the cilantro. Fluff and mix with a fork quickly. If rice looks too dry, add a couple of tablespoons of water.
5. Replace lid and let simmer for five minutes. Remove from heat and let set for five minutes. Fluff rice gently, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Garnish with cilantro and serve.