Recipe Pepper Pot Pork Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 6 Entree servings
For the Sauce:
1 cup Canned or fresh Beef Stock
1 cup Canned or fresh Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Soy Sauce
Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (to taste)
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 julienne cut Green Bell Pepper
1/2 julienne cut Yellow Onion
1/4 teaspoon Ginger, ground
For the Pork Loin:
2 1/2 lb. Pork Loin, shoulder end
1 cup Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
For the Pork
1. In a large sealable plastic bag, place the soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Place the pork into the bag with the seasonings, close the bag and roll it around to evenly coat the pork loin. Marinate for 2-3 hours.
2. Remove the pork from the marinade, place in a roasting pan, and cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (minimum of 145 degrees internal temperature).
3. Remove the pork from the oven, and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Slice the pork with a sharp knife into ¼ inch thick slices. Arrange on a serving platter.
For the Sauce
1. In medium saucepan, heat beef stock, chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce and sugar. Bring to a boil and lower heat to a simmer.
2. Mix cornstarch with a small amount of cold water until it is dissolved. Add to the stock mixture slowly while stirring with a wire whip. The sauce should thicken as you add the cornstarch. Add a little at a time, until the sauce is a medium thick consistency.
3. Add the peppers and onions, reduce heat and cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender, but not soft.
1. Pour the sauce over the pork and serve immediately.
Serving suggestion: Cook some steamed rice, and place in the center of the platter, arrange the pork around the rice, and pour the sauce over the pork. Garnish with sliced green onions.