Reviews of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater Dining Location

Read more about Sci-Fi Dine-In including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/sci-fi-dine-in-theater

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by Stitch1623 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We have eaten here 3 times. The theming here is great and eating in the cars is very fun especially for kids. Milkshakes are awesome however the food is just not all that great. Burgers are decent. We have also had the pasta dishes and they are pretty bland. Desserts are also nothing special. My kids love eating here for the theme and milkshakes but we just can never bring ourselves to do it because the food is never fantastic. Service has always been great.

Pros:

Theming, milkshakes, not very expensive

Cons:

Not good food

Reviewed by Schwad1 Review Date: 04/17/2019

We had a reservation for lunch, but my kids were starving about a half hour before our reservation time. When we went in they were happy to seat us early, and our server was really attentive and wonderful with our kids, even though they were hungry and crabby. Their attitudes turned around quickly once they realized we were basically at a drive-in, and they loved the whole experience. They accommodated a few special requests and were really helpful with my husband's dietary restrictions. Overall a really fun experience and great food too!

Pros:

Excellent service, good food, fun decor/experience

Cons:

The car booths were a tight fit for our family of four.

Reviewed by Heigirlhei Review Date: 04/17/2019

I love the atmosphere at Sci-Fi. I have been many times and it never gets old. The latest menu changes don't leave as many choices for more picky eaters, but the food is good. Every time we go, I feel transported to another time. The desserts are fantastic!

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

long wait times without a reservation

Reviewed by Shirley Review Date: 04/17/2019

In all of our years of going to Disney, we have never had an interest to go to Sci-Fi so it has taken us years to get there. If we were going to be eating in HS only one day, we would choose something else. This year, we were traveling with our grands and since we had The Royal Table for my grand daughter, we decided to do Sci-Fi for our grand son. We had the best time. He got to sit in the front of our "car" and drive. We went for lunch and got burgers which were delicious. We couldn't decide on which dessert to get so we all got a milk shake. I mean who doesn't love milk shakes. I have to say, it was one of the best on property. Whether you go with kids or if you just want a romantic nostalgic night, I would highly recommend. We will definitely be back.

Pros:

The atmosphere is so much fun.

Cons:

The only con is that if there are only 2 or 4 of you, you may be seated with other people. I dont see that as a problem but some people may so that is the reason for the 9 rating instead of a 10.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/18/2019

Fun place to relax and catch a meal

Pros:

Played it safe and ordered the turkey club which was very good. Service was also good.

Reviewed by Becky B Review Date: 01/28/2019

Another great lunch here in Jan 2019. This place is a must do every trip - super fun atmosphere, good food and service. The buffalo chicken salad was fresh and crunchy, classic American burger was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. DS had the cheesesteak sandwich, who said it was delicious. Can't wait to go back!

Pros:

atmosphere, food, good prices

Reviewed by mickeymom5 Review Date: 01/11/2019

This is a favorite of ours...more for the atmosphere than the food though. My husband said his beef and blue burger was not very good. I enjoyed my roasted turkey sandwich. Hubby did enjoy his onion rings. The server brought out lots of different dips for him to try. We had some extended family join us last minute, and they were very accommodating for us to be able to have them join us.

Pros:

The atmosphere is great and service is top-notch!

Cons:

The food could be better.

Reviewed by aileens2284 Review Date: 12/30/2018

The atmosphere is super fun and cool. The kids loved sitting in "cars" and watching the films. It really is dark inside, and it feels like the drive in, which is of course the whole point. Our waitress was not super friendly and she only came to check on us one time. However at the end of the meal, she brought out a cupcake for our grandsons birthday?! It was very busy when we visited so maybe she was just overwhelmed. The food was ok. In fact, we had lunch earlier at ABC commissary and food there was much better. I am glad we ate here at least once though because the kids really enjoyed the theme. I probably would not go back.

Pros:

Theme, atmosphere, drinks were good. Nice to visit with children at least once.

Cons:

very dark, service unpredictable, food just ok Most likely a once and done type of meal, a not a must do each visit.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2018

Loved this restaurant! Such a fun experience, my 5 year old was in awe of the old school films being shown.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere, friendly staff, great food!

Cons:

No cons I can think of!

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/11/2018

Had a reservation and they didn't seat us for 1/2 hour after our reservation time. They never gave us any updates, we kept having to ask about when we would be seated. They never apologized and did nothing to make up for the long wait

Pros:

Once we were seated our waitress was amazing.

Cons:

Food is just average. Long wait time with no apology.