Reviews of Sci-Fi Dine-in Theatre Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Sci Fi Dine-In Theater Dining Location

Read more about Sci-Fi Dine-In including links to the menus here: http://allears.net/dining/location/sci-fi-dine-in-theater

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: Becky B Review Date: 01/28/2019

Another great lunch here in Jan 2019. This place is a must do every trip - super fun atmosphere, good food and service. The buffalo chicken salad was fresh and crunchy, classic American burger was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. DS had the cheesesteak sandwich, who said it was delicious. Can't wait to go back!

Pros:

atmosphere, food, good prices

Reviewer: mickeymom5 Review Date: 01/11/2019

This is a favorite of ours...more for the atmosphere than the food though. My husband said his beef and blue burger was not very good. I enjoyed my roasted turkey sandwich. Hubby did enjoy his onion rings. The server brought out lots of different dips for him to try. We had some extended family join us last minute, and they were very accommodating for us to be able to have them join us.

Pros:

The atmosphere is great and service is top-notch!

Cons:

The food could be better.

Reviewer: aileens2284 Review Date: 12/30/2018

The atmosphere is super fun and cool. The kids loved sitting in "cars" and watching the films. It really is dark inside, and it feels like the drive in, which is of course the whole point. Our waitress was not super friendly and she only came to check on us one time. However at the end of the meal, she brought out a cupcake for our grandsons birthday?! It was very busy when we visited so maybe she was just overwhelmed. The food was ok. In fact, we had lunch earlier at ABC commissary and food there was much better. I am glad we ate here at least once though because the kids really enjoyed the theme. I probably would not go back.

Pros:

Theme, atmosphere, drinks were good. Nice to visit with children at least once.

Cons:

very dark, service unpredictable, food just ok Most likely a once and done type of meal, a not a must do each visit.

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 11/24/2018

Loved this restaurant! Such a fun experience, my 5 year old was in awe of the old school films being shown.

Pros:

Fun atmosphere, friendly staff, great food!

Cons:

No cons I can think of!

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 11/11/2018

Had a reservation and they didn't seat us for 1/2 hour after our reservation time. They never gave us any updates, we kept having to ask about when we would be seated. They never apologized and did nothing to make up for the long wait

Pros:

Once we were seated our waitress was amazing.

Cons:

Food is just average. Long wait time with no apology.

Reviewer: BigBri Review Date: 10/29/2018

We ate here in October and had been looking forward to it for some time. Unfortunately the idea didn't live up to the reality. The service was good although a little slow. The food was ok but nothing special (and not as good as we expect from Disney). The film clips repeated about every 35 mins so we saw most things twice but worst of all was the cold temperature. It was very hot outside (91deg)and the cold was very refreshing for a few minutes. But it quickly became too cold and that's from a Brit! The idea is good and worth experiencing at least once, but we won't be in a rush to return.

Pros:

nice atmosphere with the films and well presented

Cons:

food only ok, very cold temperature

Reviewer: Foodrocks Review Date: 09/30/2018

Normally, I love this restaurant. This past time, I did not. The food was just meh. No one liked their dish. We didn't send anything back but it was just ok at best. My husband had a hamburger. My daughter ordered off the child's menu because she wasn't that hungry. It was some kind of pasta dish. I ordered an appetizer as my meal. it was the boneless wings which were only ok. My eldest daughter ordered a burger too. The shakes are great though.

Pros:

The actual seating is amazing. It feel like you are in a drive-in and it really is special to be there. It is also so quiet. This is a great place to get out of the hustle and bustle of Disney and the air conditioning always works well here. Great on hot days.

Cons:

The food isn't great. The shakes are good though but otherwise, the food is only ok.

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

fun for the kids

Pros:

food is just ok

Cons:

service was lacking and wait for food was almost unbearable

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

Really cool theme, the best in Hollywood Studios and one of the best at the park overall. The good is OK, not that great. But you get to sit in cars to eat and watch C level Sci-Fi movie trailers. It's like you are really at a drive in. Worth it just for the atmosphere.

Pros:

Super cool atmosphere, you get to sit in a car to eat and watch C level Sci-Fi movie trailers.

Cons:

The big screen can shows can be a little much for very little ones, the food isn't that great if you don't care about the atmosphere here.

Reviewer: Maureen Review Date: 09/27/2018

In short: Good for both the veggie and meat lover in your party. Service can be slow. Food is delicious and not too pricey. I plan to eat at Sci-Fi every trip.

In January of 2018 I ate here with my vegetarian friend, and in August of 2018 I ate here with my meat loving friend. The vegan tofu lettuce wraps were delicious, as was the vegetarian falafel burger (January), and the barbeque platter was spectacular (August) with the garden wedge salad as an appetizer (veggies were fresh, blue cheese dressing was think and came with a side of blue cheese crumbles). The food so far has been on-point and I have not been disappointed yet. Also, they have delicious milkshakes (order when you order an appetizer because they take a bit).

A major bonus is that the restaurant is quiet, and good for a date night with the "tables" being two seater car seats. If there are kids in the party, all the better - they can take the front seat and you can take the back *suggestive eyebrow wiggle*.

I will not give it 10 out of 10 because the service can be slow and the table space is limited - it's a great theme and I wouldn't change it, but it's best to be prepared with that knowledge. It's also very dark so make sure your purse is zipped up and you keep track of your belongings.

But even with the Cons, Sci-Fi is one of my favorite restaurants. It provides a physical and mental break, and can be a really intimate space (my meat-loving friend lives in another state and we were able to quietly catch up face-to-face for the first time in 5 years. Invaluable). I wouldn't pop the question to anyone here...actually, if you want to pop the question to someone that is shy, and get them some private attention from the wait staff while still not attracting the attention of the masses, this might be the perfect place to do that. The food is good, the place is quiet, the price is good, it's a great experience.

Pros:

reasonable price, good food, relaxing and quiet, always recharged after a meal

Cons:

service can be slow but letting your server know ahead of time if you have somewhere to go is always helpful - they definitely keep an eye out for you. bathrooms are shared with commissary next door which can be overcrowded and