Recipes Vanilla Sauce Boma – Flavors of Africa Animal Kingdom Lodge
3 cups Heavy Cream
1 ½ cups Milk
1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
9 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
6 each Egg Yolks
Method of Preparation:
1. Heat up heavy cream, milk, vanilla, and sugar.
2. Combine cornstarch with egg yolks.
3. Once liquid boils, temper some of the liquid into the yolks and stir vigorously. Then return tempered yolks into the pot.
4. Turn off the heat and stir continuously until well combined and thickened.
5. Transfer the sauce into a bowl and set over an ice bath to cool.