Most Recent Reviews

Review of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/17/2019

Too Crowded!! Went twice. Much more pleasant during nonparty hours. Won’t ever go again.

Pros:

Castle/ Fireworks show, costumes

Cons:

Long waits (up to 2 hours) for characters, so-so special desserts, very crowded. Not a good value.

Review of Skipper Canteen

Reviewed by NC-Dad Review Date: 09/15/2019

We ate here on 9/08/19 for lunch, after our FP+ for Jungle Cruise. The menu here is very diverse and exotic, but don't let the descriptions scare you away. The food and flavors in the dishes seem incongruous at first, but the overall taste of the dishes is wonderful.

My wife has a gluten allergy, and this restaurant has the most extensive Gluten Free (GF) menu anywhere. She had the GF Fried Chicken and loved it. She said she would eat it all day if she could.

Being a seafood lover, I had the seafood stew, and it was wonderful as well. The jasmine rice and the coconut sauce complimented the seafood incredibly well. I would eat this dish for every meal if offered to me.

We both had the "quicksand" dessert and loved how light the rice pudding is. Neither of us are big rice pudding fans, but we were impressed by the overall quality. The sauce provided a nice tartness that complimented the rice pudding well. The "cookie" on top is light and sweet, and is also GF.

If you have never eaten here, you absolutely must. The serving staff is wacky, much like the Jungle Cruise captains are. The humor is exactly the same, and adds a playful twist to the dining experience.

Pros:

Exotic flavors, Large GF menu offerings, Funny Serving Staff, Great Food!

Cons:

Not your typical theme park fare (if you consider that a "con")

Review of Port Orleans Riverside Resort (Moderate Resort)

Reviewed by NC-Dad Review Date: 09/15/2019

We just returned from a 4-Day visit to WDW and stayed at Port Orleans Riverside. (9/08/19 - 9/11/19) This was our third stay with POR. Since this trip was for our daughter's 16th birthday, we booked a Royal Room. We had stayed in a Royal Room the last time we stayed at POR as well.

The resort had not changed much since 2013, which is what we liked. Our room was in Parterre Place, Room 9809. We checked in early in the morning, and our room was already ready for us, which was a nice surprise. The room was as expected, clean and well-maintained. Everything was as we expected it. The mousekeeping was good and efficient, although the times they came to service the room was erractic. One day they came before 8am, and another the came well after 3pm. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay at Riverside. We used the boat service to and from Disney Springs several times. The bus service was much improved since 2013, and we never waited more than about 15 minutes for a bus. The addition of video displays showing when the next bus to each park was expected is terrific.

This resort is highly recommended, and we would definitely stay there again.

Pros:

Quiet, Royal Rooms, Excellent Front-Desk staff

Cons:

Long wait at the parks for buses returning to the resort

Review of Boulangerie Patisserie les Halles

We love this bakery!

Pros:

Food, Swevice!!

Review of BOATHOUSE

Don’t Bother
We were excited to eat here, and decided to blow the 2 Disney Dining Plan credits each for a signature dining experience. The atmosphere is boaty casual - I mean, there are boats everywhere. Suspended from the ceiling, full-sized next to tables, etc. In case you weren’t sure from the name, the owner likes boats. Anyway, the restaurant was a bit noisy, but that’s nothing abnormal in a Disney restaurant. Server was friendly, and I don’t have complaints there. I asked about the possibility of switching out a dessert for an appetizer or salad, and I was told it can only be done if I have a physical disease, like a gluten allergy or diabetes. Really? I’m not allowed to simply want something other than dessert? Ok, fine. So I decided on the Filet Mignon, but the menu doesn’t indicate if it comes with anything other than the meat. I asked about the sides; server said it comes with roasted potatoes. I asked about switching them for the baked potato and was told no, it can’t be done. Excuse me? If I am paying $50 for an entree, I ought to be able to pick a different side! I wasn’t asking for shrimp or lobster, for heavens sake. And there was nothing roasted about those potatoes - I got 5 little potatoes, like new potatoes, and they were neither crispy nor flavorful. The filet was good, but not ‘wow’, and parts of the outside were very charred. So for my money, I can do better at Longhorn, where, for less than half the price, I get fantastic steak, a salad - and I get to pick my own side.

Pros:

Nice atmosphere if you like boats

Cons:

Prices, lack of flexibility

Review of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (Magic Kingdom)

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/14/2019

Awful!!! We went on Friday (9/13), the park was so crowded you could barely walk. Wait for SDMT was 50 minutes. We will never do this again.

Pros:

Kids loved dressing up.

Cons:

Crowds are too heavy to enjoy the park.

Review of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue

Reviewed by Jbyrd Review Date: 09/13/2019

We love Hoop Dee Doo Revue! Food and drinks are plentiful! Kids love it and the show is so funny and entertaining. It's so fun to be a part of something with a big group. Everyone is engaged and having a great time! The show isn't too long and the food appeals to most folks. An absolute knee slappin', gut bustin' good time!!!

Pros:

All you can eat and drink, great entertainment

Cons:

None!

Review of Picabu Buffeteria

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/12/2019

I have many allergies and food sensitivities. I came in very late to the restaurant. The chef FOUND food for me and cooked it very quickly. They were wonderful and very patient with my food sensitivities. This is one of my best Disney food experiences.

Pros:

Many options, very polite and friendly, amazing customer service and yummy food

Cons:

I would request more vegan options be readily available.

Review of Chip and Dale Harvest Feast at The Garden Grill

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 09/07/2019

This restaurant is absolutely fabulous. This was our favourite character meal of the week because of the food. My daughters aren't that interested in the characters though so that might be why (ages 13 and 17 years) but we all enjoy taking a picture with them when they come around. What we loved here was the food and the service. Both were excellent. They bring Nutella with the waffles and the tator tots were so amazing. They also bring a delicious cinnamon roll in the shape of Mickey and fruit when you start your meal. The coffee was very good too.

Pros:

Excellent food and service

Review of Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill

Reviewed by Foodrocks Review Date: 09/07/2019

I was hoping to read a review about the use of the dining plan at this restaurant before trying it but there weren't any that I could find. The meal is one credit however not everything is included on the dining plan. This is the first time this has ever happened to our family in the 10 years we have been going to Disney World and using the dining plan. Other places have addition but this place did not tell you that certain menu items are not included on the plan and it isn't listed on the menu either. This was really disappointing because our server only told us after our drinks had arrived that certain items aren't included like the filet. Since we liked this restaurant in the past and we ordered our drinks, we felt committed to stay. We ordered a less expensive steak which was good not great and the sides weren't included on the plan either. This meant we had to pay oop for them. They tasted great Imashed potatoes and brocollini). Our daughters ordered pasta dishes and said they were fine. The desserts were great though. My daughters ordered two very large sundaes they couldn't finish with lollipops and cupcakes hanging off them. They were special because of an event taking place at the time. We enjoyed this restaurant but they should be upfront about what is included on the dining plan so people can plan accordingly.

Pros:

Food is tasty

Cons:

Not being upfront about what is included on the dining plan
1 2 3 1,113