Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewed by Savanna Review Date: 06/18/2019

POP Century is an awesome resort especially when you want to visit Disney World without breaking the bank. The upgraded rooms are super comfy and really clean.

Pros:

Upgraded rooms

Cons:

Usually busy and bustling with families

Reviewed by amandakola Review Date: 06/18/2019

It was fine for what it was. A place to catch some z’s and affordable. I haven’t seen the refreshed rooms. Pool is large - great for families. After staying at other resorts it hard to want to stay here again.

Pros:

Affordable Large pool Fun atmosphere

Cons:

Far from some parks Basic rooms

Reviewed by michellemiller1012 Review Date: 06/17/2019

My husband and I stay here every time we go to Disney World, and we love it! It has super fun theming, not totally 100% Disney themed in every building. It’s super convenient to be able to walk over to the Art of Animation resort and eat in their food court or check out their pools and resort theming. It’s kind of like getting two resorts for the price of one. Oh, and can you say Skyliner?!

Pros:

Theming, food court, skyline resort, can walk to another resort, price

Cons:

Size of rooms

Reviewed by Celeste Review Date: 06/13/2019

I stayed here at the end of April, beginning of May. This was my 3rd time staying here, the first time with the re-designed rooms. Even though the room size did not change it seemed like there was more space. I think this may have been due to the murphy bed. Most of the time I was staying solo so this bed was kept up. But even when others were with me it didn't seem to take too much room. There was a lot of plugs and usb ports. The whole room was sleek and clean looking. The bathroom is well laid out, loved the shower, and I like the sliding door that can close off the bathroom area. My only negative with the room is when you have the murphy bed down the table disappears. It would be nice to still have the table & chairs. This stay I did have a room that was relatively close (Bldg 3) to the main building. The last stay the room was very far for me (Bldg 7) so location of the room can have a negative effect. I had the 2nd to last room in the building and it was quiet.

Pros:

Clean, streamlined rooms. Lots of storage.

Cons:

Furthermost bus stops at parks. Room locations is far if you are in 80's or 90's.

Reviewed by Lea Review Date: 05/28/2019

This resort is so amazing! We have stayed here twice and have never regretted it. The property is beautiful and the option of AoA is right nearby for more food/souvenir options. This resort has three pools, which is way more than your typical hotel. Architecture is wonderful and it just feels so nice.

Pros:

great facility, great food court, and merchandise areas

Cons:

long bus rides

Reviewed by Cathy1213 Review Date: 05/16/2019

Good value resort.. It can be a hit or miss depending on when you stay.. Cast members are extremely helpful. Buses were ok the longest we waited was 1 day at Animal Kingdom for 45 min..

Pros:

only 1 bus stop, clean rooms

Cons:

bus service slow . food court needs more options maids need to really clean the room..

Reviewed by dendasetaro Review Date: 05/06/2019

I have stayed in Disney many times and always at one of the villa resorts. This was my first time at a value resort and I was very apprehensive but it turned out that it was fantastic. They're where 3 of us in the room and it was comfortable and clean. The maid service was fabulous, I called for towels they where there within 5 minutes, another time I called for more coffee and they came with a large amount and that was within 2 minutes. We are not use to the cafeteria style food but it really wasn't bad at all. We were in the 50's building which had recently been refurbished, we were over looking the pool and close to the main building and buses. The buses service was impressive, if the bus was full they sent another one in minutes. We had requested an adjoining room or at least near one another and we got the adjoining room, when we asked for one at the Boardwalk the other room was downstairs and across the hotel from us!! The arcade was excellent for the kids and very reasonable and for the adults the massage chairs are well worth the $2 for 10 Minutes. I will be staying here again and again.

Pros:

Exceptional maid service and bus service was impressive also

Cons:

There was no table and chairs outside the room to have a cup of coffee in the morning (that's all I can complain about!!)

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 05/02/2019

Stayed here several times, and if you're like our family and spend very little time at the the hotel and hotel room, this is a great place. Rooms are clean, basic and offer the essentials. There are several pools on the premises, but the go-to pool is the one in the center. If you want to be part of that be sure to get a room near it. If you want a quieter room, get one on the opposite side of the main pool. They have a large cafeteria style dining area, game room and full transportation. You really don't need much more - great choice if you're on a budget (like me).

Pros:

Economical (well it's still Disney $'s) Clean, basic and has all the essentials Great main pool area Large cafeteria food area (great to eat & go in the AM)

Cons:

Some areas can be loud Cafeteria is ALWAYS loud VERY busy and seems disorganized in AM

Reviewed by Leanne Review Date: 04/24/2019

To me this resort is the most fun resort in WDW and I have stayed in many of their resorts over the past 40 years. I love the music from the different decades, the food court is great and it has the most efficient transportation of any of the resorts. The service staff is just great and will go out of their way to help you.

Pros:

Transportation, fun feeling, great food court

Cons:

Rooms are small and can be noisy at times especially if you stay near the pools

Reviewed by jennap Review Date: 04/24/2019

This is my favorite Value resort and I have stayed here on 5+ occasions. They have their own bus line with only 1 stop at the resort. This saves so much time! The dining hall has so many good options (including great ice cream)and the check out is very quick. All service is always above and beyond.
Rooms are newly renovated. Sometimes we take the bus back to AoA and walk across the bridge to Pop for a scenic stroll at night.

Pros:

Own bus system with no extra stops. Newly renovated rooms. Great dining selections (check out the ice cream!). Great price.

Cons:

If you don't get a preferred room, your walking distance to the main hall can be a bit far.