Reviews of Pop Century Resort (Value Resort)

A Disney Value Resort

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_pop.htm

Resort Videos:

Reviewer: amyjrmarks Review Date: 10/16/2018

Traveling with my 18 year old daughter for 7 nights. Positives first,the room was very clean and spacious enough for two people. We loved the newly refurbished room and beds were super comfortable. Staff at check-in and around the resort were nice, friendly and knowledgeable. Food court food is good. Negatives....When I requested a room(booked a year in advance)I requested upper-most level floor in the 50\'s building(paid for preferred room). I checked-in online, but reservation was \"lost\" so never received a text room alert and therefore, received neither of my requests. I was literally the last \"preferred room\" in the resort. Located in the back of the 70\'s building, 3rd floor. Yes you can hear the new barn doors of the bathrooms opening and closing from other rooms and loud as you hear toilets flushing. On 3 occasions Mousekeeping never came to tidy our room, and had to call, then leave the room again. We leave the room each day by 9am and don\'t return before 3pm. One big issue is the grounds work that is done beginning at such an early hour in the morning. I just don't understand why there are loud carts driving around and hoses for cleaning the pathways and leave blowers at 7am(almost daily). NOT COOL! While the room and price is nice I don't think we will be back.

Pros:

refurbished rooms

Cons:

noise

Reviewer: sand935 Review Date: 09/30/2018

Love the new rooms, we ask for an upper level floor so we cant
hear kids running around on the floor above us. Food court very noisy so like to sit at the tables outside for breakfast.

Pros:

new beds good food selection

Cons:

food court very loud

Reviewer: Christina Review Date: 09/29/2018

Pop Century was our most recent stay at WDW. We were scheduled to fly out on the day of a major snow storm in Philadelphia. We decided last minute to move our flight up by one day to avoid the storm. We had a window of about 6 to 7 hours to find hotel accommodations for our early arrival. The WDW reservation lines were having technical difficulties and were down for several hours. With a small window of about 5 hours before our flight was to leave we were able to book a room with POP. We found the staff to be very friendly, the hotel clean and comfortable. We decided to cancel our already booked Disney Resort reservations and stay for the remainder of our trip at POP.

Pros:

Clean, Friendly helpful staff, busing to and from parks was easy, pool was fun

Cons:

Cafeteria style dining, no in house steak restaurant

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

nice resort

Pros:

loved the food and theming

Reviewer: Lindsay Review Date: 09/29/2018

Enjoyed stayed on property.

Pros:

Reasonable cost, nice pools

Cons:

Very spread out

Reviewer: Tam W Review Date: 09/28/2018

We recently stayed in a newly refurbished room in the 60’s section. I liked the new look. It has plenty of areas to charge your electronic devices. The resort is well themed with Disney characters and fun to walk around. It is a smaller resort which makes walking around easier. Being close to Art of Animation allows you to use both buses to get back to your resort.

Pros:

Smaller, bus system, cast members

Cons:

Can be busy and crowded, noisy

Reviewer: steelers_fan Review Date: 09/27/2018

We have stayed at Pop a few times in the past. Our most recent stay was August 16th for a total of 9 nights. The newly remodeled rooms are very well done. The use of space is excellent. We had 3 adults and one child in the room and didnt feel as cramped as we had in the past. And we had two golf bags with us as well, as extra luggage! The regular suitcases are able to be stored under the beds (we kept the murphy bed down the whole time). The room has plenty of plugs to handle the various cell phones being charged, along with any other electronics.

We initially were given a room in the 90's section (building 8). I immediately asked if there was any rooms available closer, and they were able to move us to building 6 (70's section). Our room was in the back of the building, on the 4th floor, overlooking Hourglass Lake. It was very quiet in that area. It also afforded us a short walk over to Art of Animation, where we ate at their food court once, and took the AOA bus from the park a few times due to a shorter wait time. The walk to the main pool and the food court was minimal.

We have stayed at a few other Values and two Moderates. You cant beat the cost of staying at Pop, and if you aren't in your room all that much, why pay more if you dont have to.

Two of us utilized the pool bar a coiple of times and the bartenders there were fantastic. I wish I could remember their names, but one guy was telling stories about working at Pleasure Island back in the day.

The pool activities are great also. We went back to the resort mid day each day for rest and pool time. It seemed like there were organized pool activities going on for most of the day.

Our goal is to try different resorts on our trips, but my daughter wanted to stay at Pop again this time. We got a discounted rate, so we couldnt pass it up. I'm sure we will go back in the future as well.

Pros:

Updated rooms, friendly staff, theming, pools.

Cons:

Long walk to bus at each park. Large resort and food gets crowded at breakfast time and dinner time.

Reviewer: magicalcouple Review Date: 09/27/2018

No Complaints!! We stayed at Pop during the room renovations but requested via fax to receive a refurbished room. We received one in the 80s section by the computer pool and it was wonderful! My kiddos were able to swim often and it was not a terrible walk to the bus lines. We had no problem with staff or cleanliness. The renovated rooms were amazing and the cast members in the food court were friendly! It was also an easy walk to visit Art of Animation.

Pros:

Renovated Rooms, Only one bus stop, Roped Line Queue for Bus Stop, Theming

Cons:

No Hot Tub at Value Resorts

Reviewer: Thea Review Date: 09/27/2018

Pop Century used to be my favorite resort. But, the most recent experience was not positive.

I do not like the new floors in the remodeled rooms. It's not the floors themselves, it's how dirty they are. I think the new "wood' flooring needs significantly more cleaning with a wet mop. But, many people now choose to forgo housekeeping during their trip to save a little. As a result, it was not possible to walk around our room with bare feet. That was particularly after a shower.

Also, the new shower is great, but if you have little ones not having a bathtub is an issue.

The food court really needs to be updated.

Pros:

Inexpensive (for Disney)

Cons:

new flooring

Reviewer: Carol Review Date: 09/27/2018

We love Pop Century. Always stay here. New rooms are o.k style wise. But the beds are the best soft yet firm at the same time. And the amount of pillows given was great, enough for everyone. We enjoyed our stay like always.

Pros:

The beds were super comfortable. Buses came fairly often.

Cons:

Not a fan of new rooms. Very basic like a non themed hotel. Except for a mickey picture.