Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by WDWinMD Review Date: 06/25/2019

Really enjoyed lunch. We had an early seating on a Sunday in June and were taken to our table right away. Really enjoyed the fried chicken but loved the pot roast. Not only was our server very entertaining but the other 2 in the area were great as well and all 3 very different.

Pros:

Servers are very entertaining. Enjoyed the food quality and quantity.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by michellemiller1012 Review Date: 06/17/2019

My husband and I ate here once, and will probably not eat here again. The food was forgettable. However, the theming was really fun, and the waiters were sassy, like a 50’s diner vibe. Fun theming, so-so food.

Pros:

Theming, convenient location in the park, cast members

Reviewed by DillonSmith03 Review Date: 06/13/2019

Fun atmosphere, and the sampler plate is very filling.

Pros:

Food and Atmosphere

Reviewed by DebQ Review Date: 06/12/2019

Every time we come go to Hollywood Studios, we always go to the 50's. We go for lunch, and it is a great way to take a break from the park and the warm weather. \"Comfort food\" at its finest. A great way to get away from the burgers, fries and pizza. The service is always excellent and it is great fun to interact with your server. However, if you can't take a little teasing, then don't here as you won't find their antics enjoyable. It's our \"go to\" restaurant at DHS.

Pros:

Excellent food, fun service

Cons:

Restaurant tends to be chilly

Reviewed by NJenkins Review Date: 04/24/2019

A must do for my family at every visit! Fun atmosphere & great cast interaction. The best fried chicken you'll find at Walt Disney World!

Pros:

Great food! Great fun!

Reviewed by Tink1027 Review Date: 04/19/2019

A must do every time we visit the Studios. Fun interacting with the castmembers. Everyone is "family" even the other guests. Best Pot Roast on Disney grounds.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Even with a reservation, there sometimes is a small wait

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great milk shakes and food good too

Pros:

great entertainment, need thick skin to really enjoy

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Each time we visit WDW it is tradition when we go to Hollywood Studios that we have dinner at 50's. My husband and I are 61 so it brings back a lot of great memories back to a time where families had dinners together every night to the old tv clips, mother calling us to dinner (when it is your turn to be seated it has always been " Smith kids time for dinner". Cousin Sue was our waitress and its great when the staff get into the act. "Talk politely, use your napkin, and no elbows on the table. The menu is all "home cooked" meals-desserts also. Its agreat time to be had from the minute you walk into the house "living room" with dated furniture until you walk out with a pleasant good bye from Cousin Sue.

Pros:

Atmosphere is authentic. Food is dated to the time of the restaurant. As with the staff.

Cons:

If you make a reservation it has always been in our case they are always a touch late past the time you reserved.

Reviewed by mbaker Review Date: 04/17/2019

Terrible Experience

Pros:

The atmosphere is great

Cons:

Quality of food sadly did not live up to the menu descriptions. I had the stuffed pork chops with apples and brie with a red wine reductions. The chops were super tough and dry, there was no discernible brie or apples inside, and the sauce had a weird after taste. my friend had the pot pie which was just ok. It was the worst lunch of the trip, we had much better quick service meals in our food court and in the parks. I will never visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed by disneyukydancer Review Date: 04/17/2019

50's is a must do for my daughter and I every time we go to Disney. We love the atmosphere and the food, especially the PB&J milkshake. My daughter loves the pot roast, and I usually have the sampling. The fried herb and garlic cheese as an appetizer is always a hit with us.

Pros:

food, atmosphere, servers

Cons:

none that I can think of

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios