Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: snovak Review Date: 02/20/2019

I really appreciated our waiter at our last visit (Jan. 24). We enjoy the fried chicken served here last year so decided to try it again this time. I cant remember his name , but he said the same spiel about elbows on table and had us set the table but he didn't go over board and I liked that. We are mid 60ish and came more so for the food than the interaction and I liked that he was friendly and talkative but didn't go overboard with us. It was fun watching the other waiters/waitresses getting kids involved and other families interacting but I like the fact that our waiter did just enough to make us feel like we were at the 50's Prime Time without going overboard.

Pros:

Great selection of comfort food.

Reviewer: nlg0517 Review Date: 01/02/2019

We had a 7:10 reservation and there was, of course, a long wait. Every restaurant had excessive waits that week. Our party of 4 was sat at a regular table, which was also disappointing. However, our server LuAnne, was great! The service was a little slow but she had great interaction with us. She really gave my DS a hard time for being on the phone too much but she didn’t get carried away with it. The food was very good. I had the chicken pot pie and ate every bite! Both kids had fried chicken and liked it, though they prefer no bones. My DH had the meatloaf which was good but he prefers my meatloaf which makes all other meatloaf look bad ; ) The kids had milkshakes with dinner, the Oreo & PB & J. The PB & J milkshake was really good, and I don’t normally care for peanut butte ice cream. We finished the meal with a apple pie ala
Mode. That is really the biggest draw back of the dinning plan. You have to get a dessert unless you substitute a salad or soup but at many restaurants they don’t have a salad to substitute. This is a good place to go, though my 1st choice would be the Sci-Fi

Pros:

Good food, fun service

Cons:

Long wait,

Reviewer: jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Another great lunch here on 10/29/18 for our party of 9. We waited a bit to be seated but it was worth it. Our waitress was not *super* into the act but hounded the kids about elbows and walkie talkies. She also made them set the table. Food is always delicious, I had the stuffed pork chop and it was wonderful. The onion rings and fried cheese appetizer were also very good. Milk shakes are always the best here. We highly recommend it and we will return.

Pros:

Ambiance, food, service

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 10/18/2018

This restaurant has a fun atmosphere and ok food. Nothing really special but it is one of those places you have to go if you have never been before. The theming here is really special with the feel of a 50s home. It feels like you are in a 50s sitcom and you watch clips from old shows.

Pros:

Very fun atmosphere

Cons:

The food is only ok.

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went here with such high hopes, and was so disappointed. All around us people were joking with their waiter/waitress, laughing and having a good time. Then our waitress finally comes over and kills any joy we were expecting. She asked where we were from, we told her and it happened to be close to where she was from. So all she wanted to do was talk about that, and what used to be there and is not there anymore, how the area has changed, blah blah blah. Really ruined the experience for us. The food was quite bland, but we didn't go there for an amazing meal, we went for the experience we had been hearing about.

Pros:

Looks like a lot of fun if you get the right waiter/waitress

Cons:

Bad cast member can crush your expectations

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great restaurant

Pros:

fun experience and food is awesome. loved the pot roast

Cons:

long wait time even with reservations

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I've been here a few times and I think a big part of the experience is the wait staff. If they interact well with you it's more fun. The food here is OK but mostly a "meat and potatoes" style food if you are OK with that. The main thing here is the atmosphere. Cool throw back vibe.

Pros:

Cool throw back vibe, nice place to relax, the tables/chairs can have a cool vibe

Cons:

Food is fairly plain, not the best experience if the wait staff doesn't interact well

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food in this place is awesome and the whole idea of the theme is the best! The idea is that you are in Mom's kitchen and your cousins and family members are the staff. The first time we went our waiter was hilarious and played the part to a T! Ever since our first visit we have gone back trying to recreate that experience and it seems that NONE of the waitstaff want to play along no matter how much we encourage it. I don't know if they just don't do the "elbows off the table thing" any longer or what but we get stuck with just a regular old waiter every single time....oh well, I'll always go back for the ambiance and the food!

Pros:

Great food, super cool atmosphere

Cons:

Extremely hit or miss on fun wait staff.

Reviewer: wdwfam9 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Loved eating with our cousins, how fun to reminisce! The food was outstanding, and the shakes were delish. We definitely left full and reenergized.

Pros:

cast member interaction

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We always have a great experience at '50s Prime Time Cafe! The food is always good, the service is great. It's a pretty crowded restaurant and can be loud, but go in to it knowing what the atmosphere is like and you'll be fine. Our family looks forward to this restaurant every trip.

Pros:

Good food, fun atmosphere.

Cons:

Busy place, can be loud.