Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewer: Sandy Review Date: 09/30/2018

Went here with such high hopes, and was so disappointed. All around us people were joking with their waiter/waitress, laughing and having a good time. Then our waitress finally comes over and kills any joy we were expecting. She asked where we were from, we told her and it happened to be close to where she was from. So all she wanted to do was talk about that, and what used to be there and is not there anymore, how the area has changed, blah blah blah. Really ruined the experience for us. The food was quite bland, but we didn't go there for an amazing meal, we went for the experience we had been hearing about.

Pros:

Looks like a lot of fun if you get the right waiter/waitress

Cons:

Bad cast member can crush your expectations

Reviewer: Foodrocks Review Date: 09/30/2018

Normally, I love this restaurant. This past time, I did not. The food was just meh. No one liked their dish. We didn't send anything back but it was just ok at best. My husband had a hamburger. My daughter ordered off the child's menu because she wasn't that hungry. It was some kind of pasta dish. I ordered an appetizer as my meal. it was the boneless wings which were only ok. My eldest daughter ordered a burger too. The shakes are great though.

Pros:

The actual seating is amazing. It feel like you are in a drive-in and it really is special to be there. It is also so quiet. This is a great place to get out of the hustle and bustle of Disney and the air conditioning always works well here. Great on hot days.

Cons:

The food isn't great. The shakes are good though but otherwise, the food is only ok.

Reviewer: Disney nut Review Date: 09/29/2018

great restaurant

Pros:

fun experience and food is awesome. loved the pot roast

Cons:

long wait time even with reservations

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I've been here a few times and I think a big part of the experience is the wait staff. If they interact well with you it's more fun. The food here is OK but mostly a "meat and potatoes" style food if you are OK with that. The main thing here is the atmosphere. Cool throw back vibe.

Pros:

Cool throw back vibe, nice place to relax, the tables/chairs can have a cool vibe

Cons:

Food is fairly plain, not the best experience if the wait staff doesn't interact well

Reviewer: DisneyDana Review Date: 09/29/2018

The food in this place is awesome and the whole idea of the theme is the best! The idea is that you are in Mom's kitchen and your cousins and family members are the staff. The first time we went our waiter was hilarious and played the part to a T! Ever since our first visit we have gone back trying to recreate that experience and it seems that NONE of the waitstaff want to play along no matter how much we encourage it. I don't know if they just don't do the "elbows off the table thing" any longer or what but we get stuck with just a regular old waiter every single time....oh well, I'll always go back for the ambiance and the food!

Pros:

Great food, super cool atmosphere

Cons:

Extremely hit or miss on fun wait staff.

Reviewer: wdwfam9 Review Date: 09/26/2018

Loved eating with our cousins, how fun to reminisce! The food was outstanding, and the shakes were delish. We definitely left full and reenergized.

Pros:

cast member interaction

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 09/26/2018

We always have a great experience at \'50s Prime Time Cafe! The food is always good, the service is great. It\'s a pretty crowded restaurant and can be loud, but go in to it knowing what the atmosphere is like and you\'ll be fine. Our family looks forward to this restaurant every trip.

Pros:

Good food, fun atmosphere.

Cons:

Busy place, can be loud.

Reviewer: Lisa B Review Date: 09/26/2018

50\'s Prime Time Cafe

Pros:

This restaurant is one of Walt Disney World\'s best! The atmosphere is awesome! The staff really help carry out the motif of the restaurant and add a lot of fun! The food is amazing and priced very well!

Cons:

No cons.

Reviewer: Liz McKinnell Review Date: 09/21/2018

We ate at the 50’s Prime Time Cafe for the first time ever this holiday. We loved it! The food was top notch - it was nice to have ‘proper’ food rather than the usual burgers and fries. Between us we had the meatloaf, pot roast and Mom’s sampler. All plates were cleaned, which meant we could have desserts! Our server was Aunty Sue and she was lovely and had plenty of banter with the other server in our area of the restaurant.
We will definitely be back.

Pros:

Good food, fab atmosphere

Reviewer: SCOTTMOP Review Date: 08/26/2018

Love this place. Its like going back in time to a better time in this country. The milkshakes here are to die for. I had the Salmon which was delicious. Wife had the pot pie and daughter had meatloaf. Again with dining plan got alcoholic drink and soda with dinner. I got the dads lemonade which was delicious. The desserts are awesome and our server was great as our cousin. Will definitely be back

Pros:

food and theme