Reviews of 50's Prime Time Cafe Lunch/Dinner

Read more about 50's Prime Time Cafe including links to menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Disney's Hollywood Studios

Reviewed by NJenkins Review Date: 04/24/2019

A must do for my family at every visit! Fun atmosphere & great cast interaction. The best fried chicken you'll find at Walt Disney World!

Pros:

Great food! Great fun!

Reviewed by Tink1027 Review Date: 04/19/2019

A must do every time we visit the Studios. Fun interacting with the castmembers. Everyone is "family" even the other guests. Best Pot Roast on Disney grounds.

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Cons:

Even with a reservation, there sometimes is a small wait

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great milk shakes and food good too

Pros:

great entertainment, need thick skin to really enjoy

Reviewed by MarLL55 Review Date: 04/17/2019

Each time we visit WDW it is tradition when we go to Hollywood Studios that we have dinner at 50's. My husband and I are 61 so it brings back a lot of great memories back to a time where families had dinners together every night to the old tv clips, mother calling us to dinner (when it is your turn to be seated it has always been " Smith kids time for dinner". Cousin Sue was our waitress and its great when the staff get into the act. "Talk politely, use your napkin, and no elbows on the table. The menu is all "home cooked" meals-desserts also. Its agreat time to be had from the minute you walk into the house "living room" with dated furniture until you walk out with a pleasant good bye from Cousin Sue.

Pros:

Atmosphere is authentic. Food is dated to the time of the restaurant. As with the staff.

Cons:

If you make a reservation it has always been in our case they are always a touch late past the time you reserved.

Reviewed by mbaker Review Date: 04/17/2019

Terrible Experience

Pros:

The atmosphere is great

Cons:

Quality of food sadly did not live up to the menu descriptions. I had the stuffed pork chops with apples and brie with a red wine reductions. The chops were super tough and dry, there was no discernible brie or apples inside, and the sauce had a weird after taste. my friend had the pot pie which was just ok. It was the worst lunch of the trip, we had much better quick service meals in our food court and in the parks. I will never visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed by disneyukydancer Review Date: 04/17/2019

50's is a must do for my daughter and I every time we go to Disney. We love the atmosphere and the food, especially the PB&J milkshake. My daughter loves the pot roast, and I usually have the sampling. The fried herb and garlic cheese as an appetizer is always a hit with us.

Pros:

food, atmosphere, servers

Cons:

none that I can think of

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/17/2019

Loved this place

Pros:

Good food, highly entertaining staff. We had a fantastic server. Our server and the server from the table next to ours interacted really well with all the families in our section. We got busted a few times for elbows on the table, Mother would be disappointed in us. This was our first time dining here on our last trip. I think we will make it a must on all of our trips now.

Reviewed by snovak Review Date: 02/20/2019

I really appreciated our waiter at our last visit (Jan. 24). We enjoy the fried chicken served here last year so decided to try it again this time. I cant remember his name , but he said the same spiel about elbows on table and had us set the table but he didn't go over board and I liked that. We are mid 60ish and came more so for the food than the interaction and I liked that he was friendly and talkative but didn't go overboard with us. It was fun watching the other waiters/waitresses getting kids involved and other families interacting but I like the fact that our waiter did just enough to make us feel like we were at the 50's Prime Time without going overboard.

Pros:

Great selection of comfort food.

Reviewed by nlg0517 Review Date: 01/02/2019

We had a 7:10 reservation and there was, of course, a long wait. Every restaurant had excessive waits that week. Our party of 4 was sat at a regular table, which was also disappointing. However, our server LuAnne, was great! The service was a little slow but she had great interaction with us. She really gave my DS a hard time for being on the phone too much but she didn’t get carried away with it. The food was very good. I had the chicken pot pie and ate every bite! Both kids had fried chicken and liked it, though they prefer no bones. My DH had the meatloaf which was good but he prefers my meatloaf which makes all other meatloaf look bad ; ) The kids had milkshakes with dinner, the Oreo & PB & J. The PB & J milkshake was really good, and I don’t normally care for peanut butte ice cream. We finished the meal with a apple pie ala
Mode. That is really the biggest draw back of the dinning plan. You have to get a dessert unless you substitute a salad or soup but at many restaurants they don’t have a salad to substitute. This is a good place to go, though my 1st choice would be the Sci-Fi

Pros:

Good food, fun service

Cons:

Long wait,

Reviewed by jessicahs Review Date: 11/08/2018

Another great lunch here on 10/29/18 for our party of 9. We waited a bit to be seated but it was worth it. Our waitress was not *super* into the act but hounded the kids about elbows and walkie talkies. She also made them set the table. Food is always delicious, I had the stuffed pork chop and it was wonderful. The onion rings and fried cheese appetizer were also very good. Milk shakes are always the best here. We highly recommend it and we will return.

Pros:

Ambiance, food, service

Other topics in Disney's Hollywood Studios