Reviews of Be Our Guest Dinner

View Menus at Be Our Guest Dining Location

Read more about Be Our Guest including links to menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/be-our-guest

Full Service Dinner

Reviewer: grammie523 Review Date: 01/27/2019

My family of 6 ate here for dinner November 2018. I had eaten here several times for dinner, before it switched to a Signature restaurant & was a bit nervous that I would be disappointed. Boy was I wrong! My son & his family had never dined here, so it was a MUST on our list of places to eat. We had a 4:00pm dinner reservation, which is right when the dinner menu begins & I was afraid it might be hectic. But nope, eating early was actually way better than the later times. I feel that the later times are generally more hectic, now that we have eaten at an earlier time. I was also worried about the new menu because I am a pretty picky eater. I started with a salad, which was pretty good, but I do miss the champagne vinaigrette. I had the filet & it arrived as ordered & didn't need a knife to cut it! Dessert was pretty awesome as well. Our waiter, I cannot remember his name to save my soul, was very attentive & did a great job! My son ordered Escargot for appetizer, which none of us have ever tried, he just kept saying, "oh my goodness!" He kept trying to get me & his wife to try them & we weren't sure we wanted to. He finally talked both of us into tasting them, & they were delicious! Glad he pushed us to try them. I will be ordering them my next trip. We all had great food & a wonderful time. Since it was their first trip, they didn't have anything to compare it to. But for me, the food was better than before it became a Signature Restaurant! I am planning an October 2019 trip with my daughter & her family & am anxious to see what she thinks. She has eaten there before so I am hoping our experience will be as awesome as this last trip. As for me, Be Our Guest will probably always be my favorite Disney Restaurant!

Pros:

Amazing food & service & getting to see The Beast!

Cons:

Miss the cupcakes but new desserts are great too. Having to plan your trip around trying to eat here, but it's worth it!

Reviewer: MaryMcc Review Date: 01/09/2019

I gave this a seven and it saddened me to do it. I have loved the story since I was about 5. 50 years ago. Local channel would broadcast a French version and I laboured over the subtitles every time it would come on so I was very excited to see the beast. I didn't care for the rest of the experience. We waited for an hour to dine during the Christmas party. I had already stood in the customer service line over an hour because my tickets weren't connected to the band, so I was flustered. I was happy to sit down and relax and we started with champagne. I watched as waiters and waitresses really made the dinner an event for their diners. It was wonderful to watch. Our waitress wasn't like that at all. She was disgusted to be there. What upset me was that she twice openly mocked my brother Tommy who has special needs while at the same time wearing the most artificial grin I've ever seen. I was shocked and might have quietly spoken to her about it, but other things were happening at the same time. The steaks finally were served and as I was speaking to the man who delivered them, turned and almost sprinted away. I've never experienced anything similar. I quickly cut into my steak to see it was well done, not medium rare. He was still within hearing range so I called out "sir" which was when he gained speed and I for the first time in my life rudely called him again. I was shaken when he came back to me and he proceeded to tell me the steak was medium rare. I cracked again and explained meat temperatures. The second steak was medium well and by then I only wanted to leave. They make about 5 entrees. How can they screw up twice. That pathetic dinner cost 180.00 after a 20% tip. It was supposed to be 55.00 each, but again I could care less by then. I almost deprived myself of the beast and am so glad I did it. He is beautiful!

Pros:

The beast and beautiful decor.

Cons:

Everything but beast an if you aren't into meeting him, do lunch!

Reviewer: Heidtd Review Date: 01/03/2019

Crowded with very slow service. We were seated at a table in the ballroom almost in the lobby. It was less than a foot away from the next table. I couldn’t see any of the ballroom since one person had to sit with their back to the ballroom. The couple next to us couldn’t decide if they had food allergies or not so numerous staff were called to assist them throughout their meal. As a result we had to stand and leave the table several times as everyone gathered. Also as a result our appetizers and entrees were served cold. It took over 90 minutes for the entree to arrive. The waiter brought the receipts we asked about dessert and he looked annoyed. We had other plans so just paid a tip and left. I would not return here for dinner.

Pros:

Cons:

Food is not well prepared or served in a timely manner

Reviewer: Anonymous Review Date: 01/03/2019

Extremely slow service

Pros:

Central location in magic kingdom

Cons:

Tables are much too close together. Menu is very limited to support 2 dining credits. Service is very slow due to highly demanding people at next table. Took us almost 90 minutes to get our entrees after ordering and they were cold

Reviewer: DanInNH Review Date: 12/18/2018

Once upon a time I would have given BOG an 8 or 9 rating. Well, we had not eaten at BOG in several months, I think since June, but we went last week and apparently they changed dinner to be one price - 3 course - meal. So we had to pay a lot to get appetizers and dessert - which if allowed, we would NOT have wanted or ordered. So we got more food than we wanted, but it was lousy enough to leave it where it laid without a thought.

Pros:

atmosphere...dining room aesthetics nice

Cons:

cost. did I say cost yet? and the quality of food was poor. For example, I am a filet mignon lover, and what I got paled mightily in comparison to both Le Cellier and Citricos. Looked for the chain saw. BOG had better choices and quality when it first opened. Loved the mussles...no longer offered. The braised pork? gone.. Anyway, it was nice once upon a disney time, but I doubt we will ever return unless it has a complete make over on the menu, both options and quality...

Reviewer: Foodrocks Review Date: 09/30/2018

Family of 4 ate here Christmas time (2 adults and 2 daughters 15 and 11 years). Husband and eldest daughter ordered the steak. I ate the salmon dish and younger daughter had a large portion of the kids Mac and cheese. For dessert, we each had a cupcake 1 strawberry-yummy, 1 lemon meringue-yummy, 1 of the Master's cupcake-ok and 1 chocolate-too rich for us. The food was ok but the server was rude and in a rush. Part of the lower rating was that husband wasn't feeling well and he left before finishing his meal.

Pros:

The atmosphere is amazing. It is so fun here and we love to take pictures with the beast.

Cons:

There really aren't any. A server that is rude could happen anywhere and it doesn't have anything to do with the restaurant. We normally love it here but it was just an off night all around.

Reviewer: Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

I'm not a huge BATB fan, but I do believe everyone should try that experience at least once!

Pros:

I had dinner at the ballroom and I was wearing park clothes but felt so wrong! Even looking around and noticing everyone else wasn't dressing fancy, that place is so beautiful! The food is delicious, meeting the Beast was so much fun!

Cons:

Plan to spend a few hours not just eating but enjoying and visiting all the rooms and soaking all the magic from that place!

Reviewer: Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I prefer the quick service lunch or breakfast. You get very similar service and level of food quality for only a quick service credit if you have the dining plan. The only real difference is Beast comes out at Dinner and you can take a picture with him. The food is good but now it takes 2 dining credits for dinner. I would choose the royal table over this in the MK for Signature dining.

Pros:

Beast comes out for dinner

Cons:

2 credits for dining plan, or very experience. Not much different than doing quick service for much higher cost.

Reviewer: Jennifer Stevens Review Date: 09/27/2018

Terrible new menu especially if you are vegetarian. The roasted corn tortellini was served in a flavorless water. The desserts are very palette specific. Some people don't care for macaroons or raspberries. Some people don't want a super thick shell of chocolate and too little grey stuff. The most enjoyable thing was the bread. Very disappointed in the new menu. The old menu was so much better. Definitely do not use 2 dining credits if on the dining plan.

Pros:

Pretty atmosphere

Cons:

Noisy. Small portions. Menu needs more options.

Reviewer: Crawale Review Date: 09/15/2018

Much improved dinner menu. However the escargot appetizer really needs improvement - very dry. The dish needed more butter and garlic as in Chefs de France. Best steak in Disney World and the dessert, especially the chocolate chip cup, was excellent. Wait staff always attentive but not obnoxiously so.
Area just outside the restaurant is shaded but you are not allowed to proceed there until 15 minutes before your reservation. There is little if no shade around the check in area. With a possible heat index of over 100, no one wants to arrive hot and sweating for dinner.

Pros:

Entree and dessert

Cons:

Escargot appetizer. Only allowed to check in 15 mins before reservation time. This means you cannot go sit in the shade if it is a hot night.