Reviews of Be Our Guest Dinner

View Menus at Be Our Guest Dining Location

Children's Dinner Menu

Cuisines: French, American

Cuisines: French
Read more about Be Our Guest including links to menus and reviews here: http://allears.net/dining/location/be-our-guest

Full Service Dinner

Reviewed by Mainecove Review Date: 04/25/2019

AMAZING atmosphere and Delicious dinner. Even the Beast made an appearance which brought the biggest smiles ever at our table. The wait staff was attentive the entire evening though extremely busy maintained a pleasant demeanor throughout. A definite must do next visit and advance reservation a MUST!

Pros:

Atmosphere, price, food, all as expected

Cons:

Nothing bad happened was a great experience

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Nice if you get in the rose room

Pros:

food ok

Cons:

not worth the hype

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/15/2019

Having eaten at BOG many times in the past, we were looking forward to the Prix Fixe menu and we weren't disappointed. Filet Mignon was perfectly cooked and overall the menu was far better than before.

Pros:

Good value, excellent food, friendly servers

Reviewed by elainep Review Date: 03/01/2019

Our party of 6 (all adults, one of whom was in a wheelchair) arrived at Be Our Guest for dinner just before our 7:25 reservation time on Monday, January 21st. When we checked in we were told that they were running about 15 minutes behind schedule. That estimate wasn’t particularly accurate--I didn’t receive a text that our table was ready until 7:50. It was chilly that evening--some of us were able to wait inside, but there wasn’t enough room for all of us, so the rest of us had to wait outside in the cold. Once we got our party together, we were led to a large round table in the Castle Gallery. I hadn’t been in this room before and what struck me was that it didn’t look all that special—I guess I expected to at least see white tablecloths in a Signature restaurant. Our server was quite pleasant and even brought samples of a couple of wines when one of the gentlemen in our party couldn’t decide on which red to order. Dinner here is a three-course prix fix—for $60, you choose one appetizer and one entrée and all guests receive a dessert trio. Our party started with either the French onion soup, lobster bisque or the escargot. I had the lobster bisque—it was all right, certainly not as good as Yachtsman’s and it could have been a bit warmer. Entrees selected by those at the table included pork tenderloin, filet mignon or seafood bouillabaisse. There was a bit of a mix up with the tenderloins—the same diner who sampled the red wines ordered the pork, but received the beef (or maybe it was vice versa). Regardless, his meal was delayed while the rest of us ate before our food got cold. I had the filet—nothing special, although it was done medium rare as ordered. There are frankly way better filets on property. For dessert, the trio consisted of an almond macaron, a dark chocolate truffle (very chocolatey) and a cute white chocolate Chip-themed cup filled with “the grey stuff”. This trio was pretty filling, with the almond macaron being the surprise hit of the table. Our tab for six, 4 of whom had a glass or two of wine, with our Tables in Wonderland discount, was $463.37. Kind of steep for a crowded, somewhat noisy and not-so-fancy restaurant. By comparison, three days later at Shula’s, the same dining party enjoyed perfectly cooked and served steaks and salmon, a couple of salad appetizers, shared side dishes, 2 bottles of wine and key lime pie for dessert. Cost was $479.88 with the Tables discount, less than $17 more than what we paid at Be Our Guest. Guess where we’ll be going again.

Pros:

The castle really is something to be seen

Cons:

Average food, OK service, not really a Signature dining experience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/26/2019

Save your $$ or dining plan credits. This is not the restaurant it used to be! They have done away with everything we loved about this dining experience. I’ll list some of them, but just beware it HAS changed for the worse. No more rose shaped napkins, the luminary’s that the kids used to bring to the tables are gone, it’s price fixed at $60 for adults and $36 for kids no matter what you order, the awesome butter sauce on the steaks is gone as are the French fries, kids meals are nothing most kids would eat. I’ve ate at this restaurant 4 times prior, but now I have to say they will not see me again. The service is still great, but since the change to signature meal plan it’s a flop. I’m sure some people will love it, but most would agree the old meal plan was better.

Pros:

Service and atmosphere is still top notch.

Cons:

Food is average at best, price and kids offerings below par (this is Disney after all and kids are #1 customers)

Reviewed by grammie523 Review Date: 01/27/2019

My family of 6 ate here for dinner November 2018. I had eaten here several times for dinner, before it switched to a Signature restaurant & was a bit nervous that I would be disappointed. Boy was I wrong! My son & his family had never dined here, so it was a MUST on our list of places to eat. We had a 4:00pm dinner reservation, which is right when the dinner menu begins & I was afraid it might be hectic. But nope, eating early was actually way better than the later times. I feel that the later times are generally more hectic, now that we have eaten at an earlier time. I was also worried about the new menu because I am a pretty picky eater. I started with a salad, which was pretty good, but I do miss the champagne vinaigrette. I had the filet & it arrived as ordered & didn't need a knife to cut it! Dessert was pretty awesome as well. Our waiter, I cannot remember his name to save my soul, was very attentive & did a great job! My son ordered Escargot for appetizer, which none of us have ever tried, he just kept saying, "oh my goodness!" He kept trying to get me & his wife to try them & we weren't sure we wanted to. He finally talked both of us into tasting them, & they were delicious! Glad he pushed us to try them. I will be ordering them my next trip. We all had great food & a wonderful time. Since it was their first trip, they didn't have anything to compare it to. But for me, the food was better than before it became a Signature Restaurant! I am planning an October 2019 trip with my daughter & her family & am anxious to see what she thinks. She has eaten there before so I am hoping our experience will be as awesome as this last trip. As for me, Be Our Guest will probably always be my favorite Disney Restaurant!

Pros:

Amazing food & service & getting to see The Beast!

Cons:

Miss the cupcakes but new desserts are great too. Having to plan your trip around trying to eat here, but it's worth it!

Reviewed by MaryMcc Review Date: 01/09/2019

I gave this a seven and it saddened me to do it. I have loved the story since I was about 5. 50 years ago. Local channel would broadcast a French version and I laboured over the subtitles every time it would come on so I was very excited to see the beast. I didn't care for the rest of the experience. We waited for an hour to dine during the Christmas party. I had already stood in the customer service line over an hour because my tickets weren't connected to the band, so I was flustered. I was happy to sit down and relax and we started with champagne. I watched as waiters and waitresses really made the dinner an event for their diners. It was wonderful to watch. Our waitress wasn't like that at all. She was disgusted to be there. What upset me was that she twice openly mocked my brother Tommy who has special needs while at the same time wearing the most artificial grin I've ever seen. I was shocked and might have quietly spoken to her about it, but other things were happening at the same time. The steaks finally were served and as I was speaking to the man who delivered them, turned and almost sprinted away. I've never experienced anything similar. I quickly cut into my steak to see it was well done, not medium rare. He was still within hearing range so I called out "sir" which was when he gained speed and I for the first time in my life rudely called him again. I was shaken when he came back to me and he proceeded to tell me the steak was medium rare. I cracked again and explained meat temperatures. The second steak was medium well and by then I only wanted to leave. They make about 5 entrees. How can they screw up twice. That pathetic dinner cost 180.00 after a 20% tip. It was supposed to be 55.00 each, but again I could care less by then. I almost deprived myself of the beast and am so glad I did it. He is beautiful!

Pros:

The beast and beautiful decor.

Cons:

Everything but beast an if you aren't into meeting him, do lunch!

Reviewed by Heidtd Review Date: 01/03/2019

Crowded with very slow service. We were seated at a table in the ballroom almost in the lobby. It was less than a foot away from the next table. I couldn’t see any of the ballroom since one person had to sit with their back to the ballroom. The couple next to us couldn’t decide if they had food allergies or not so numerous staff were called to assist them throughout their meal. As a result we had to stand and leave the table several times as everyone gathered. Also as a result our appetizers and entrees were served cold. It took over 90 minutes for the entree to arrive. The waiter brought the receipts we asked about dessert and he looked annoyed. We had other plans so just paid a tip and left. I would not return here for dinner.

Pros:

Cons:

Food is not well prepared or served in a timely manner

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/03/2019

Extremely slow service

Pros:

Central location in magic kingdom

Cons:

Tables are much too close together. Menu is very limited to support 2 dining credits. Service is very slow due to highly demanding people at next table. Took us almost 90 minutes to get our entrees after ordering and they were cold

Reviewed by DanInNH Review Date: 12/18/2018

Once upon a time I would have given BOG an 8 or 9 rating. Well, we had not eaten at BOG in several months, I think since June, but we went last week and apparently they changed dinner to be one price - 3 course - meal. So we had to pay a lot to get appetizers and dessert - which if allowed, we would NOT have wanted or ordered. So we got more food than we wanted, but it was lousy enough to leave it where it laid without a thought.

Pros:

atmosphere...dining room aesthetics nice

Cons:

cost. did I say cost yet? and the quality of food was poor. For example, I am a filet mignon lover, and what I got paled mightily in comparison to both Le Cellier and Citricos. Looked for the chain saw. BOG had better choices and quality when it first opened. Loved the mussles...no longer offered. The braised pork? gone.. Anyway, it was nice once upon a disney time, but I doubt we will ever return unless it has a complete make over on the menu, both options and quality...