Reviews of Rose and Crown Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Rose and Crown Dining Room

Rose and Crown Dining Room

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/23/2021

Don't bother during the food and wine festival. Better choices in the food booths! And service, as with most places right now, was mediocre. If looking for a lunchtime AC break, be sure to request Indoor Table! The entrees are really too heavy and hot for patio dining on an 80* day.

Pros:

Patio was covered and we were half in the shade

Cons:

Food too heavy for an outdoor patio lunch on a warm day. Fish and chips were good, as well as the fries. But can order those from a booth out front. Shepherds Pie was ok. Needed more cheese and more flavor. Service was mediocre as with most places right now.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/29/2021

We had dinner outside by the water and it was very pleasant. It was an advanced reservation but we arrived one hour early and asked if they could seat us at that time. After consulting with the manager they accommodated us outside as we wanted. We ordered the hamburger and the chicken curry, and a sangria. The food was excellent. The server was very nice.

Pros:

Food, dining outside by the water.

Cons:

None.

Reviewed by Kyrie Review Date: 05/30/2021

A little bit of a mixed bag- the burger was really good, but I would not recommend the curry at all. The beer options are authentic. They pour a good pint of Guinness too, which is hard to come by! Our server was friendly and super helpful too. However, their allergy-friendly options are really limited bc a lot of their food isn't made in house. I didn't really have issues ordering anywhere in WDW except here, so that was disappointing.

Pros:

Burger and beer

Cons:

Limited allergen flexibility

Reviewed by DaveG Review Date: 05/17/2021

If not for slight problems created by the pandemic, I would have given it a 10. We just returned from a week at WDW and this was our last day at the parks. Our server, who was excellent don't get me wrong, was not from the UK. The overseas travel challenges has made it hard to get the staff from their country of origin. Wife and I were undecided between the Fish and Chips or the Bangers and Mash. Our server suggested getting one each and sharing between the two. Wow! Why didn't I think of that? She brought us 2 plates and then the two entrees. Both were excellent and worthy of a 10. The fish portion was huge and delicious and the mash potatoes with the bangers were fantastic in taste. Definitely would return there.

Pros:

Food was excellent as well as the cast members.

Cons:

I just wish they had UK cast members there to complete the feel of being in the UK. Maybe next time???

Reviewed by bjserviere Review Date: 01/25/2021

Fantastic shepherds pie at this restaurant. Loved the food and the atmosphere. Will definitely return to the Rose and Crown.

Pros:

Great food

Reviewed by MagicPreppy Review Date: 11/12/2020

Loved the food, and the atmosphere is wonderful too. Had an 8:50pm dinner reservation on Aug 1, and even with the new measures it was spot on. Only had a reservation for 2, but met some friends in the park, and they were able to turn that into a 4 top since I stopped by early to ask.

Pros:

Cider + Black fish & chips scotch egg

Cons:

can be a bit dark inside

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/10/2020

Rose and Crown is a favorite of ours, the food and service has always been outstanding

Pros:

Fish and Chips and Scottish egg

Reviewed by Katelyn Review Date: 03/26/2020

I have memories of eating here on earlier trips with my parents & grandparents. Even from a young age, there was always something for everyone here. Pro tip: great spot to watch the fireworks too!

Pros:

Food, atmosphere

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 01/04/2020

I loved it here last year but this year not so much. They got rid of the potato soup as an appetizer. I messaged Disney before my trip and was told they still had it every day but they didn't when we ate here. We had dinner Monday 12/02/19. I had their salad as an appetizer and I have a nut/seed allergy so I could barely eat it as it came on a seeded cracker so I don't recommend that. For two adults on deluxe dining plan $120.

Pros:

Fish & chips, my boyfriend loves the Leaping Leprechaun drink

Cons:

Disappointing got rid of potato soup

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 11/04/2019

This is usually our must-do restaurant. Last week when we visited it wasn't as great as it usually is. The food was still good, and our server tried, but I think there must have been some issue in the kitchen because we were there for over 2 hours and the people sitting next to us had their whole meal comped. I'll still go back and hope it doesn't happen again!

Pros:

Fun, good pub fare

Cons:

Can be noisy and cramped