Reviews of Chefs de France - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Chefs de France Dining Location

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: French, American

Cuisines: French
Read more about Chefs de France including a link to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
France - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by allec999 Review Date: 08/30/2019

Had lunch here on August 19. Our first time here. Our party of 4 was seated right away. Food and service were both very good. Not particularly crowded, which surprised me a bit. Well worth another visit.

Pros:

Food, service

Reviewed by JenC Review Date: 06/12/2019

We ate here during the week of April 22, 2019. We had first eaten here two years ago, hadn't been thrilled with the food, but wanted to try it again. Unfortunately, the experience had not improved. The tables are very close together and so if someone is seated next to your party, there is no privacy. Our waiter was not at all friendly. My mother had the French Onion soup, which she disliked. My daughter and I had the macaroni and cheese, which was average. We didn't stay for dessert because we just wanted to get out of there. For an expensive meal at Disney, I was surprised at both the service and the flavors. Next time we all agreed we'd rather go to Via Napoli for pizza!

Pros:

We had an ADR and were seated on time.

Cons:

Too loud, tables too close together, food not very flavorful

Reviewed by debg33 Review Date: 06/08/2019

This was a last minute reservation we were able to get the day we were leaving for home. We hadn't eaten here in a few years so it was a nice way to end our 10 day vacation. Our server was wonderful. Most of us ordered the Prix Fix menu, which is very reasonable. The food was very good. Most of us ordered the French onion soup which was delicious. The Beef Bourguignon was very tasty. The meat was so tender. Many had the macaroni and cheese. They said it was okay but lacked flavor. It was nice to be able to order dessert off the menu and choose something your really wanted.

Pros:

Atmosphere, service

Reviewed by disneymom35 Review Date: 06/06/2019

This is honestly one of my husband's favorite places, not mine. We have probably been here at least five or six times. However, this last visit was our best yet. Our server took her time, food was perfectly timed and prepared. Our request for seating was met immediately. It was a very relaxing and enjoyable meal.

Pros:

Any soup, bread service.

Cons:

A little tight on the seating.

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 04/29/2019

Gave me a chance to try French food

Pros:

Gave me a chance to try French food

Cons:

I wish they had some sort of variety platter to try different things

Reviewed by Wade Review Date: 04/24/2019

I made a reservation for myself at 8:00 p.m. thinking this would be enough time to eat, walk outside, and watch Illuminations. Checked in at 7:55 p.m. and...waited...waited...waited. Finally at 8:23 p.m. my name was called. I was seated by a window, so at least I thought if I have to I could possibly watch Illuminations through the window. My waiter had a few large tables surrounding me and I thought that may not be a good sign...it wasn't. It took another 10 minutes to order and my food started arriving at 8:45 p.m. I ordered the Prix Fix thinking it might move a little quicker. Salad, Seared Salmon and dessert. After watching Illuminations through the window I asked my server if I could exit and watch the last 6-7 minutes outside before he brought my dessert. This was fine and they waited to bring dessert until I returned. I left the restaurant around 9:35 p.m. The food was very good, not great. The baguette bread is always warm and a nice "French" touch. The ambience is very nice here - really a great nod to French brassieres in Paris - and the wait staff is attentive. My only two complaints were I was seated so late and they don't accept Tables In Wonderland for dinner.

Pros:

Great ambiance, wait staff, and location in Epcot. Food is usually very good.

Cons:

I seem to always get seated late and they don't take Tables In Wonderland for dinner - lunch only.

Reviewed by ret1958 Review Date: 04/18/2019

We really wanted to love this place, but found the food just average. We had the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package in 12/18 and I looked at list showing this was 1 table service credit on Meal Plan and was told it was 1 by others, but my fault, I did not read fine print for Dinner Package and it was actually 2 meal credits! We would not have been really satisfied with 1 credit, let alone 2!We even asked when server took our order and he said appetizers were included, why since this 1 credit and he just said No, they are included! We just thought maybe they were here. He never said 2 credits...not that it mattered at that point..we were there. Server did not come back to refill our drinks, meal took awhile to come out. Food much better at Rose and Crown, Le Cellier, even Biergarten.

Pros:

Nice setting.

Cons:

Not good enough as far as we are concerned. Tight setting.

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 04/17/2019

We had dinner here on April 6th. We split the steak which was very good and each had the onion soup which was super filling. They waiters sang happy birthday to my daughter which made her night (she is 29 and they are all very handsome :)

Pros:

food, service, location

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/28/2019

My work and I ate dinner here on January 10, 2019. We both had the onion soup whic was very good. My wife had the salmon and I had the Beef Bourguignon. My wife liked the salmon. However, the beef was dry and over cooked. The bottom of one of the pieces was burned and hard. Not something I would ever order again. Also, because the restaurant is popular, the tables are close together and the room is VERY noisy.

Pros:

Servers were very good and the atmosphere was appropriate for the setting.

Cons:

Noisy. Not all of the food was worth the price. Not a consistent quality.

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

My boyfriend and I ate at Chefs de France for lunch on Wednesday December 5th which was excellent and not a “signature” two credit restaurant like Monsieur Paul of which we ate at on Tuesday December 4th for dinner and was horrible. It was cold out that morning on Wednesday December 5th and the hostess standing outside, while obviously cold, greeted everyone with a smile checking in. We had reservations that I made six months in advance online but they were letting in walk-ins with no reservations. The french onion soup is AMAZING! By the time I got done eating that I hardly had room for my entree which was Macaroni Gratin - similar to mac & cheese. Good service and beautiful restaurant.

Pros:

French onion soup, far superior to Monsieur Paul upstairs