Reviews of Chefs de France – Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Chefs de France

Chefs de France

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/04/2022

Our party of 6 had dinner here in September of 2021 and could not have been more disappointed. I have eaten here many times over the years and it has gotten progressively worst but this was the worst. I understand since Covid the servers are no longer region authentic, which is a huge atmospheric loss, but the quality and quantity of the food has declined greatly too. Don't bother with the charcuterie board, we received packaged saltine crackers with a few not great cheeses and a pate that was yucky. The filet was not filet, it was another cut of beef (perhaps a shoulder cut), the salmon was dry, the potatoes were decent, the veggies nothing to write home about. I have never minded paying for good food but they charge a premium here and the food was on par with a hospital cafeteria. It is not worth the money.

Pros:

Servers were nice but inexperienced. Martini's were good.

Cons:

Food taste, quality, quantity and price.

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/26/2022

Excellent food, lots of variety, pleasant atmosphere. The service was outstanding, the wine service was impeccable, probably the best I've ever had. Minimal wait to be seated.

Pros:

Service, cuisine, wine service

Reviewed by bringouttheredhead Review Date: 03/07/2022

Stopped in for dinner on my birthday. I had some wine questions and he truly understood what I was saying and recommended an excellent glass. The charcuterie was definitely different from the others on property. He was a bit lacking for the price but we enjoyed it. My husband had the tenderloin and said it was actually better than the filet he had for lunch at Le Cellier that afternoon. I know blasphemous!I had the ratatouille. It was good but I wasn't a super fan of the giant pile of quinoa in the middle of my plate.I do have to say that I miss the vegetable lasagna and the chicken lyonnaise they used to do. Hope the chicken makes a comeback.

Pros:

Very pretty restaurant. Food is good but might not be for everyone.

Cons:

Pricey for what you get

Reviewed by KCHDisneyFool Review Date: 01/31/2022

Our family & friends had dinner here in January. I would say that the best part of our meal was our waitress who was wonderfully attentive. Our food was DISAPPOINTING! The French onion soup was good. My husband ordered the charcuterie board as an appetizer! Wow! Don’t bother! AWFUL! Cheap cheese, I could buy better at my local supermarket! Awful pâté! Such a serious disappointment, especially considering the staggering price of $16.75 for two cheap cheeses, an awful pate, and six grapes! The Salade de chèvre chaud (Baked Goat Cheese) wasn’t bad, but that’s about it. I got the Boeuf Bourguignon as an entree. It was meh… for $32.95! My husband got the Salade du Chef au poulet as an entree, as he wanted something a little lighter. We could have made a much better salad at home. We decided to try the Crème Brûlée for dessert, it was liquid!! AWFUL! So very disappointing! We will not be going back to this restaurant! Very sad to have spent $200.00, only to have felt like we got a very poor meal, and got better food at many quick service locations across the parks. Overall, I would say, skip it and eat at the various stands across the park, at least when there is a festival going on.

Pros:

Cons:

Expensive & not very flavorful

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 12/22/2021

This is one of my daugher's favorites. We split the steak and had the french onion soup. Everything was good and they kept our iced teas filled. No complaints

Pros:

food and service

Reviewed by BrittS117 Review Date: 11/23/2021

We had reservations at the Chefs de France for dinner. My husband and I both ordered the French onion soup and the beef tenderloin. The soup was very large and was delicious. I hate when French onion soup is salty and I'm glad to say that was not the case here. Our tenderloin was cooked perfectly and the mashed potatoes were very good. For dessert my husband ordered the creme brûlée, and I had the chocolate tart. Both were excellent. Our waiter was very attentive and kind. Would definitely recommend.

Pros:

Delicious food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/02/2021

i have been coming here since i was a little and every time it has been amazing. i recently went again because the changed the menu a bit so of coarse i had to try the new ratatouille they have. i’m a big ratatouille lover so i had high hopes for this dish. it didn’t disappoint, it’s a little different then regular ratatouille but it’s good. it comes with quinoa in the center and ratatouille surrounding it. the flavors were amazing and everything blended perfectly. we also got the french onion soup which is a classic and always good. i will say the soup is big so depending on your appetite that might be enough to fill you. the restaurant itself is gorgeous the only thing i don’t like is that people stand against the windows outside the restaurant which is a little annoying but other than that it’s lovely. please get their crème brûlé because it’s amazing!! i also don’t think prices are too bad, disney prices are always crazy but this is not too expensive and the food is worth it.

Pros:

the food and the prices aren’t too bad

Cons:

people standing against the windows

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/26/2021

Dinner on October 19. From Greeter to Host to Waitstaff, our most grateful of thanks. Professional, extremely courteous, knowledgeable, and FRIENDLY.

Pros:

Staff, atmosphere, service and food quality.. top of the line....

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

We ate here on our honeymoon in Sept. 2019. My spouse had the Duck a'la orange and I had a seafood dish. I would have given a 10/10 BUT my partners duck was not particularly good. While My food was perfect and well seasoned, my spouses was rather bland and boring...the duck was particularly chewy (I cook a lot of duck at home and it should not be chewy). The soups were fantastic I had the french onion and my spouse had the lobster bisque and the dessert was SO tasty.

Pros:

Soups and Desserts are delicious, Great wine selection and good mixed drinks

Cons:

Entrees are pretty hit or miss as far as seasoning.

Reviewed by DisneyMama714 Review Date: 06/23/2021

Overall, this was a one and done for me. I ordered a salad and french onion soup and was very disappointed. My husband loved his Ratatouille though so I guess it's hit or miss flavor-wise. The biggest downfall is that it was $94 before tip for the two of us to eat there. That's an expensive soup and salad!

Pros:

Gorgeous inside, service was wonderful, castmembers are awesome

Cons:

Too expensive for what it is, bland food