Reviews of San Angel Inn Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at San Angel Inn Restaurante

San Angel Inn Restaurante

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by tillch2 Review Date: 12/22/2021

we had lunch here on the 8th of Dec. We ordered two appetizers- the queso fundido and the tostadas- both were really good. We also ordered the tres leches cake which was tasty. Our server was very pleasant and service was quick.

Pros:

atmosphere, food

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/11/2021

We hadn't eaten here in 20+ years. Overall we were greatly disappointed in the quality of the food for the very high prices. I had the ribeye tacos that were not tacos but more like a bowl of chopped up ingredients with a package of tortillas.

Pros:

Neat atmosphere next to the pyramid

Cons:

Expensive for very average food

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 09/19/2021

Really enjoyed the atmosphere of the darkness of the inside of the Mexico pavilion. The servers were really friendly. The food was good but not great. It felt almost tex-mex rather than authentic Mexican food. The other issue was it seemed a little on the pricey side for the quality of the food. I’d go back if someone in my party wanted to go, but it certainly wouldn’t be at the top of my list

Pros:

Great servers & atmosphere

Cons:

Food & price

Reviewed by bfab731 Review Date: 07/05/2021

Probably the best atmosphere for a dinner you can find. Super relaxing especially if you can get a seat near where the Gran Fiesta Tour goes by.

Pros:

Great atmosphere, quick and attentive servers, and good food

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 06/22/2021

Dined here for lunch in June 2021. Loved the atmosphere which is similar to Blue Bayou in Disneyland due to the water/ride factor. We shared the melted queso appetizer and it was soooo good. The signature smoked margarita was VERY strong. I could not finish it. The shrimp dish & asada steak dish were also excellent but the tacos fell short. I would like to see a few more dessert options added to the menu as well.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Dark because of ride factor & can be pricey

Reviewed by nicoletighe Review Date: 03/25/2021

I love San Angel Inn! I know a lot of people don't like this restaurant, but I really enjoy their menu items and theming. Sit by the water if you want to see guests on the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride! It is expensive and sometimes hard to get reservations, but I really do love my experiences there!

Pros:

Great food and drinks, views of the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride (!!)

Cons:

Darkened/dimmed lights, expensive, can be hard to get reservations

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/16/2021

The atmosphere alone is enough to eat here. Sitting in the dim light, with candles everywhere and the water nearby from the ride, makes for a super relaxing dinner place. The chips and salsa (which were free) were the best I've had in a while from other Mexican restaurants. We ended up splitting (my mom and me) the fish tacos which had a GREAT sauce on them. Wish we had the stomach room to try more food! Oh, the margaritas were super tasty as well.

Pros:

The atmosphere, decorations, and ambiance.

Cons:

Pricey but you are on vacation sooooo

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/14/2021

I come here every single time i plan a disney world holiday and this is my absolute favourite! The food is amazing, I love watching the boats go by, servers are lovely. The best ever!!!

Pros:

watching the boats go by

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/17/2021

Great atmosphere (like outdoor dining at night) and pretty good food. The service has always been good. Pre-Covid the seats were way too close together.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Seats can be too close together.

Reviewed by Tanyaz Review Date: 02/15/2021

We went in 2019 and absolutely loved this restaurant. The atmosphere is beautiful, though crowded. We asked, and we're lucky enough to get a table at the water, so we could watch the boats go by. The downside is that the only washroom for the pavilion is in the restaurant and took my daughters 20 minutes tto use it. The food was so good and satisfied even the picker eaters in our family.

Pros:

Beautiful atmosphere Immersive Pretty decent food

Cons:

Loud and crowded