Reviews of Teppan Edo – Japan

Teppan Edo

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by nicoletighe Review Date: 03/25/2021

I love Teppan Edo! It has always been a go-to for me and my family. I like how each entree comes with a salad and soup as well as rice (all are very delicious). You can do entree combinations like steak and shrimp, chicken and shrimp, and chicken and steak, as well as filet mignon and salmon. The desserts in my opinion are not appealing but I'm sure you'll be full after the entrees! Also, it is a hibachi-style restaurant, with a fun and entertaining chef for the kids and adults alike. Overall, this is an excellent restaurant in EPCOT!

Pros:

Variety of entrees, hibachi chefs, great service, complimentary accompaniments

Cons:

Desserts are lacking, expensive, hard to get reservations

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/17/2021

This is like your local Benihana, and to me that is good thing. I love the food here. You do have to sit with other guests around the grill.

Pros:

The food and the chefs who are so entertaining.

Cons:

Some people may not like sitting near strangers. I haven't eaten here post-Covid, so maybe that has changed.

Reviewed by TMJG29 Review Date: 01/11/2021

Our family of 4 (two teens) went for the hibachi dinner in Dec 2018. It was a similar routine to back home but with a Disney twist. The food was excellent. It was unfortunate that the other people we were sat with were young couples that didn’t want to communicate with the table. But we made the best of it. Still a great experience and it’s my daughters favorite place.

Pros:

Delicious Fun

Cons:

Could be seated with awkward guests. It changes the whole vibe.

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

Oishii!!!! Tasty!!!! Teppan Edo is a teppanyaki style restaurant at the Japan Pavilion. The check in for this restaurant is the same desk for Tokyo dining once you climb up the exterior stairs. We arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation and were seated anyway. Be aware that unless you are a group of 8 you will be seated with other people. On this occasion we sat with a group of 6 and it turned out great! A server takes your order and brings out your drinks, and then your teppanyaki chef makes your main entrees and noodles/vegetables. Our chef, Akira, was very personable and entertaining. This meal was like having dinner with a show. He did juggling tricks and made a volcano with the onions. We saw at the other tables that the other chefs did the same kind of show, nevertheless it was still a fun meal.

We sampled the tempura and wafu ribs appetizers. The tempura was delicious and a great start to our meal. The wafu ribs didn't look appetizing but they were actually fall off the bone tender and tasty! For our entrees my boyfriend ordered the steak and shrimp and I ordered the hotate (scallops). Along with your main entree you also receive a salad, a side of white rice and noodles with vegetables. The meal also is served with yum yum sauce and ginger sauce. The scallops were a little over cooked for my liking but the portion was generous and the flavors spot on. Overall we both enjoyed our meals and would definitely come back. Another person at our table ordered the salmon and it looked delicious! For dessert we had the green tea ice cream and mango cake. Since I was celebrating my birthday they brought out the cake with a candle in it and also a chef's hat to wear. Super cute!

Pros:

Dinner with a show, excellent tasting food

Cons:

Having to share a table with random people, desserts could be better

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/02/2020

Last visit Dec 2019. Food is great. Service, not so much. We have been to this restaurant in the past and the decor hasn't changed at all. It's now beginning to look worn, which leads to unclean. The bathroom was very dirty the evening we were there.

Pros:

Food is great!

Cons:

Service not good, decor worn

Reviewed by Buskea22 Review Date: 11/02/2020

Best food in WDW! I'm a picky eater, and I cleaned my plate at Teppan Edo. CMs are fun to talk to, and are very efficient at taking care of you. I've been planning to go back since I went in December.

Pros:

Incredible food Fun, hectic atmosphere Live entertainment

Cons:

Seated with other families

Reviewed by 45stoutjay Review Date: 04/06/2020

Probably the best hibachi, I have ever been too. Everyone needs to go to Teppan Edo.

Pros:

Everything from the food and cast members 🙂

Cons:

Absolutely nothing

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/31/2020

Recently ate there. Highly recommend. I'm a very picky eater and was nervous to go here. I loved it! The staff is insanely nice and fun to be around! Must do. When we left dinner the finale for the fireworks show was happening and it took my breath away.

Pros:

Wonderful all around!

Cons:

Absolutely none.

Reviewed by mschu2112 Review Date: 01/27/2020

Ate here on 1-10-20 for diner. Last trip we had skipped, but this is typically a staple diner for us as a family. We were seated right on time at 830, but in the back room. Not much of an issue and helped somewhat with the noise. As always the service was very good. Our chef was the best we have ever had and compared to the table next to us we got the better end of the deal with a chef. Very funny and entertaining for all. We had chicken and scallops. The scallops were some of the best I have ever had. Very flavorful and cooked perfectly. This is great family dining experience in Epcot that has very good food. They did change the veggie mix again and that was no big deal; however, everyone wanted more of the noodles. Overall, one of our trips best if not best meal. Will always go back here if we have time. Try the scallops if you have not they are great!

Pros:

Great chef, very good service, excellent scallops

Reviewed by ninjat Review Date: 10/07/2019

The food is great and the atmosphere and service are great as well. It is always one of our favorites. The only negatives I have are that it does not matter what time your ADR is they are always running about 30 minutes late, and the second is they do not have fried rice, which is my favorite part of hibachi, and they don't even offer fried rice for you to purchase as a side and now they don't even have the sukyaki rice anymore it just blah white rice.

Pros:

Good food good service

Cons:

No fried rice, always late seating you