Reviews of Teppan Edo – Japan

Teppan Edo

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by FleurDeLys Review Date: 12/13/2021

The experience was on par with most other teppanyaki restaurants in America. The service was competent. The chef slogged through the standard banter, but was uninspired. The food has become more bland since we last visited about 5 years ago. It was still fun, but not worth the price and the time spent - go find a local teppan grill near home and spend your Epcot time and money on something unusal.

Pros:

watching your food being prepared

Cons:

high price, bland food, disengaged staff

Reviewed by StarTours1401 Review Date: 09/19/2021

My husband and I recently had dinner at Teppan Edo, and we loved it! The food was delicious and the cocktails were fantastic. The atmosphere was fitting for Teppan Yaki, and the chef made the experience fun and interactive. This is a great option for a fun dinner at Epcot!

Pros:

Great food; Interactive; Cocktails were awesome

Cons:

Seated with other parties; Similar to your neighborhood Teppan-yaki restaurant

Reviewed by HeartBreakKris Review Date: 09/19/2021

I adore this restaurant! Although similar places might exist closer to your home, I find this restaurant is still worth the visit! Unless you have a party of 8, you’ll be sat with other parties, but that’s okay because it’s Disney! You can talk about what you’ve done & what you’re looking forward to. The chefs are engaging, funny, & entertaining. But a true highlight is the food! Although I’ve been to similar restaurants, my experiences here have been the best because of how good the food is. I’ve never had better food at a hibachi restaurant. Truly the best

Pros:

Amazing food & chefs

Cons:

If you don’t like sitting with other parties, this place might not be for you

Reviewed by FishinGoofy Review Date: 09/13/2021

We were here on our honeymoon. This was a super fun place to eat! It is a pretty standard hibachi grill but the chef was funny and entertaining and the food while nothing to write home about tasted good. We were lucky and had other guests who were in a mood to chat and socialize which made the experience even better.

Pros:

Dinner and a show, opportunity to meet new people, good food.

Cons:

Not just you and your party, you are seated with strangers, not super unique anymore you can find a hibachi grill in almost any town nowadays.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/05/2021

going for the experience, food is typical hibachi style food, with less bells and whistles than your local hibachi style restaurant.

Pros:

fun atmosphere

Cons:

food is fine, yet they used to have more accompaniments.

Reviewed by dragonazul Review Date: 06/24/2021

So far, this is my favorite restaurant in Epcot. My mom keeps asking me when we are eating here again. Each for comparable hibachi prices, it's reasonable. Also comes with entertainment as the chefs make the food right in front of you. My biggest issue is the annual passholder discount here. I was informed that in order to receive the discount, our reservation had to be before 4pm. We were seated at 4:30, so no discount. After I heard this, I thought this was a rule for all of the Disney Orlando restaurants. And...it's not. Just a few and this is one of them. Otherwise, I enjoyed everything about it.

Pros:

The food is amazing!! And entertainment while your food is being made in front of you. Also, compared to hibachi prices at other locations, it's actually pretty reasonable.

Cons:

Annual passholder discount only available for specific times

Reviewed by nicoletighe Review Date: 03/25/2021

I love Teppan Edo! It has always been a go-to for me and my family. I like how each entree comes with a salad and soup as well as rice (all are very delicious). You can do entree combinations like steak and shrimp, chicken and shrimp, and chicken and steak, as well as filet mignon and salmon. The desserts in my opinion are not appealing but I'm sure you'll be full after the entrees! Also, it is a hibachi-style restaurant, with a fun and entertaining chef for the kids and adults alike. Overall, this is an excellent restaurant in EPCOT!

Pros:

Variety of entrees, hibachi chefs, great service, complimentary accompaniments

Cons:

Desserts are lacking, expensive, hard to get reservations

Reviewed by PoorNanaPoorFather Review Date: 02/17/2021

This is like your local Benihana, and to me that is good thing. I love the food here. You do have to sit with other guests around the grill.

Pros:

The food and the chefs who are so entertaining.

Cons:

Some people may not like sitting near strangers. I haven't eaten here post-Covid, so maybe that has changed.

Reviewed by TMJG29 Review Date: 01/11/2021

Our family of 4 (two teens) went for the hibachi dinner in Dec 2018. It was a similar routine to back home but with a Disney twist. The food was excellent. It was unfortunate that the other people we were sat with were young couples that didn’t want to communicate with the table. But we made the best of it. Still a great experience and it’s my daughters favorite place.

Pros:

Delicious Fun

Cons:

Could be seated with awkward guests. It changes the whole vibe.

Reviewed by Jade Review Date: 11/12/2020

Oishii!!!! Tasty!!!! Teppan Edo is a teppanyaki style restaurant at the Japan Pavilion. The check in for this restaurant is the same desk for Tokyo dining once you climb up the exterior stairs. We arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation and were seated anyway. Be aware that unless you are a group of 8 you will be seated with other people. On this occasion we sat with a group of 6 and it turned out great! A server takes your order and brings out your drinks, and then your teppanyaki chef makes your main entrees and noodles/vegetables. Our chef, Akira, was very personable and entertaining. This meal was like having dinner with a show. He did juggling tricks and made a volcano with the onions. We saw at the other tables that the other chefs did the same kind of show, nevertheless it was still a fun meal.

We sampled the tempura and wafu ribs appetizers. The tempura was delicious and a great start to our meal. The wafu ribs didn't look appetizing but they were actually fall off the bone tender and tasty! For our entrees my boyfriend ordered the steak and shrimp and I ordered the hotate (scallops). Along with your main entree you also receive a salad, a side of white rice and noodles with vegetables. The meal also is served with yum yum sauce and ginger sauce. The scallops were a little over cooked for my liking but the portion was generous and the flavors spot on. Overall we both enjoyed our meals and would definitely come back. Another person at our table ordered the salmon and it looked delicious! For dessert we had the green tea ice cream and mango cake. Since I was celebrating my birthday they brought out the cake with a candle in it and also a chef's hat to wear. Super cute!

Pros:

Dinner with a show, excellent tasting food

Cons:

Having to share a table with random people, desserts could be better