Reviews of Coral Reef – Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Coral Reef Restaurant

Coral Reef Restaurant

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/11/2022

The menu is very limited, the food is terrible, the employees act like they don't want to be there, the manager was condescending and rude.

Pros:

The appearance is good.

Cons:

Menu is limited, food is terrible, service is rude.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/08/2022

I could not believe the poor quality of the meal I was served at the Coral Reef this past May. A simple grilled salmon was over cooked and tasteless! My daughter’s shrimp and “creamy” grits wasn’t much better. I should have sent it back but didn’t want to cause at fuss at the beginning of our vacation. Never again!

Pros:

Scenery

Cons:

Food, with poor service second (lack of attentiveness).

Reviewed by AmyKCL Review Date: 08/06/2022

We're a family of four with two adventurous eaters (adults) and two picky eaters (kids). We ate lunch at Coral Reef in July 2022 on the first day of our trip. Both our kids were excited at the prospect of eating right next to the aquarium tank, and they weren't disappointed. Thankfully, the cast members were able to honor our request to sit right by the glass. The kids enjoyed looking at the fish for the entirety of the meal. The meal itself was a little lack luster. Nothing was bad, but nothing stood out. My husband had the Mahi-Mahi, I had the salmon dish, and our boys had the kid's Mahi-Mahi with rice and green beans. My husband and I both thought our food was good, well-cooked and well-seasoned; but we thought that the portion-size was small for the price. The most memorable part of the meal for our boys were the Enchantment anniversary drinks that we ordered here.

We would recommend this restaurant for parents of small kids, especially if the kids get excited by fish like our do, because the distraction of the tank provides a quiet meal in an air-conditioned space. We would consider booking this restaurant again for a future trip, but it wouldn't be a must do.

Pros:

View of the aquarium Friendly service

Cons:

Cost Smaller portion sizes

Reviewed by Piper2010 Review Date: 07/23/2022

This was my family’s favorite place to dine! I feel like too many people sleep on this place! The food was fresh and well cooked and nothing beats the atmosphere! My son absolutely loved watching the aquarium through out dinner and still talks about the sea turtle! This would be our first reservation if we return to Disney! Prices are a bit on the more expensive side and maybe not a great place for less adventurous eaters but we are a New England family so seafood is more normal then chicken nuggets for our kiddo so it worked for us!

Pros:

Love love love watching the sea life while dining Calm and relaxing atmosphere Good seafood that is cooked well

Cons:

Pricey Might not be a great choice for kids that don’t like seafood Might make some people uncomfortable eating seafood while watching the sea life swim around them

Reviewed by TheAristocat Review Date: 06/17/2022

Unless you are a mega seafood buff, this restaurant is probably a skip. The draw is most certainly not the food, but that amazing view of the aquarium. However, only a row of tables are actually adjacent to it. The majority of the tables are in the middle or back of the restaurant with more of a stadium seating kind of deal which - while you can still see inside the tank - is not nearly as enticing. Not to mention you can just visit The Seas With Nemo and Friends and stroll right on up to the tank glass to be face to face with the same animals. Circling back to the food - it's not the best but not the worst. I'd liken it to chain restaurant quality, but at much steeper prices. With all of the amazing dining EPCOT has to offer, Coral Reef isn't nearly as sofishticated as it should be for the price, and you want to make sure you're getting shrimply the best bang for you buck.

Pros:

For those few tables right up along the tank - amazing views of sea critters.

Cons:

Food is only okay and you may not be seated right next to the tank.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 04/20/2022

This was the best experience I have ever had at a Disney restaurant. Our server Johnathon was amazing, and our food was INCREDIBLE. I really recommend the salmon and steak! The views of the aquarium were beautiful and was all around a really fun time!

Pros:

Views of one of the biggest Aquariums in the world Spectacular food options on adult menu

Cons:

Not many great options for picky eaters on the kids menu Reservations are almost always a must

Reviewed by Lizgistix Review Date: 04/05/2022

You're dining underwater! You can watch fish swim by while you're eating fish! I had the shrimp and grits and loved it! The key lime pie was tourist-tart, so not very. Service was great and we had a good view into the aquarium. It was fun to see scuba divers go by as well.

Pros:

Good atmosphere

Cons:

A little pricey

Reviewed by retired605 Review Date: 03/31/2022

Based on other reviews posted here we have gotten lucky at this restaurant twice in the past year. We ate here last October and then again just last week. We got a table right by the aquarium both times, we had a great server both times and the food was really good both times! We did eat early - 4:30 - both times. We had the same food each time - shrimp cocktail, lobster soup, seared mahi over jasmine rice. Some of the reviews posted mention they didn't like where they were seated, their children couldn't see the fish. My suggestion would be to tell the host you want to sit next to the aquarium and you will wait for a table if one is not open. If you don't say anything they'll think you're happy where they seat you.

Pros:

Aquarium view and food

Cons:

Chairs are hard

Reviewed by MomOf3Boyz Review Date: 02/14/2022

The food was really good, and it was a great atmosphere. There were also a lot of gluten free options to choose from which was great for me. However, the service was exceedingly slow. It took 2 hours for lunch.

Pros:

Good food, great atmosphere

Cons:

Slow service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/31/2022

We are huge animal/shark fans so getting to sit in front of the tank window and watching sea turtles and sharks swim while we eat was delightful! The food was really good. We have some pretty rough allergies/food restrictions and were worried we wouldn't have the same options. However, we were able to eat just about whatever we wanted. They were so accommodating and really get staff and service! Will definitely go again if it works out in our trip. PS still thinking about that lobster bisque!

Pros:

Intimate Animal experience and very accommodating to diets

Cons:

May not be as fun if we weren't right next to the window