Reviews of Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Coral Reef Restaurant Dining Location

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Seafood

Cuisines: Seafood, American
Read more about Coral Reef including links to the menus and a review here: http://allears.net/dining/location/coral-reef

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Living Seas - Future World - Epcot

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/07/2020

my wife and i enjoyed a lunch as part of the candlelight processional package. we sat near then tank and we really enjoyed our meal we had the bisque shrimp and grits and crab cake. it was a bit loud but not too distracting

Pros:

great setting food was good

Cons:

Service was very sloooow. I think we waited 10 minutes for our drinks and had to ask for bread. I sometimes wonder who trains the staff or supervises what is happening. Once we got rolling it was fine.

Reviewed by AmberMac Review Date: 02/06/2020

The first time I ate here in 2005, it was amazing. Every time I’ve been here since the quality just seems to get less and the service gets worse.
Not worth the price I paid. Service is slow and inattentive.

Pros:

Great atmosphere and views.

Cons:

Slow service VERY long waits even when getting one of the first reservations of the day Food and desserts are just so-so.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/27/2019

I got the side cesar salad and added chicken. I got a whole chicken breast and it was the best chicken I have ever had. Not dry, seasoned perfectly. I've had the steak before too and it never disappoints. The Moulton lava cake is the beat dessert by far! The views are amazing and the staff was great!!!

Pros:

Great views, great food, great staff

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/25/2019

I have given this restaurant a much higher mark in the past but this recent visit, I have to agree so many other naysayers.

Yes, the tank is lovely to look at and yes, the restaurant has that certain Disney appeal. However, the ambiance was overshadowed with how extremely noisy it was.

My 3 year old son and I had a Mother Son date and we received our appetizers quickly but waited nearly another HOUR for our main dishes. At this point, my DS was whimpering and could not sit still any longer. We waited it out for our food anyway. I had the shrimp and grits which turned out to be cold. My server took them off the check because I did not eat them. But I was sorely disappointed, as I have loved this restaurant for so many years. Bad night? Maybe. But a review is still a review and this one was mine.

Pros:

Tank, Ambiance, Lobster Bisque

Cons:

Noise, Slow Service, Cold Food

Reviewed by poolman Review Date: 08/20/2019

My DD dined at the Coral Reef on 8/19. We arrived a half hour early for our reservation and seated within ten minutes. My DD had Clam chowder. I started with the lobster bisque. We both enjoyed shrimp and Grits. All of our food was top notch. My only complaint was that the restaurant did not appear clean and well maintained.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

Condition and cleanliness not on par with price point.

Reviewed by DianeMarsden Review Date: 06/14/2019

Delicious food in an awesome setting. We had a variety of the meals since we are a family of 5. Desserts too. Everything was delicious. Would definitely return.

Pros:

theming, excellent meals, delicious desserts, something to do while you wait (enjoy the aquarium)

Cons:

pricey if not on the meal plan

Reviewed by LouO Review Date: 04/29/2019

My favorite place in Epcot. Every time I go here I can count on the special being fresh and delicious.

Pros:

Food is outstanding (every time)! Atmosphere is awesome (see if you can get a table by the tank/glass)

Cons:

ALWAYS very busy

Reviewed by Schawn Review Date: 04/24/2019

We ate at Coral Reef as part of the Candlelight Processional Dinner package. It was the worst experience that we've had at Disney. The service was super slow and very lacking, which made us late for our showing. We ended up behind a tree. It was hard to see the aquarium from our seats. We had a food allergy (shell fish) in our party, and her food was very bland and tough. We all had steaks. The rest of us without allergies had flavorful meat. Desserts were good, not great. Overall food (non allergy was awful) was just ok. I expected more from a Disney experience. I will not go back to Coral Reef. Waste of money in my opinion.

Pros:

I could see the fish in the aquarium if I squinted really hard.

Cons:

Food was not good, especially for the price.

Reviewed by KimH134 Review Date: 04/21/2019

Aquarium view dining

Pros:

Aquarium views are the best part!

Cons:

Have eaten there twice. The first time it was really good but there was a change of menu and 2nd time not as good.

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Great food, nice atmosphere

Pros:

Meal was good, nice fish tank