Reviews of Coral Reef – Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Coral Reef Restaurant

Coral Reef Restaurant

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by LizzyForDizney Review Date: 09/10/2021

Chose Coral Reef today off of the walk up waitlist. Restaurant was nearly empty and they sat us where the kiddos couldn’t see the aquarium without standing on chairs. (I should have asked to be moved but I didn’t want to seem rude.) Our server was very slow but lovely and we did enjoy him. He was nice and patient with the little ones. They were able to do some substitutions to suit my sons and husbands palates. My husband had the salmon which was fine. I had the roasted half chicken which was also just fine. (The saffron sauce had good flavor but was incredibly salty.) My sons chicken breast was raw and the server took care of it, so no big issue there. My children enjoyed the jello cups very much. For 4 people with no appetizers and no alcohol purchased it was $120. I would have rather spent the money on a steak from Le Cellier.

Pros:

Neat aquarium, nice server

Cons:

Slow service, expensive food that was just so-so, limited menu options

Reviewed by Zuzu71 Review Date: 09/06/2021

I had a late lunch here. I ordered a Watermelon Margarita. It was very tasty. How could it not be? I had the Lobster Bisque and the Shrimp & Grits. Both were very flavorful. My only complaint is that the bisque could have had more Lobster. Obviously watching the fish was super fun.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

Not enough Lobster in Bisque

Reviewed by DoleWhipsAllDay Review Date: 08/28/2021

I don't know why everybody gives Coral Reef such bad reviews. I've been several times. It has been delicious every time. I have always had very attentive servers there. The views of the aquarium are beautiful. The interior decor could definitely use a little bit of work. Now granted, I know there are more exciting, delicious options at Epcot in World Showcase. If you're judging it against all of the restaurants there, then, yes, it pales in comparison. But if you're just judging it based on taste, service, and environment, it's a great spot.

Pros:

Watching fish

Cons:

Decor needs updating

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 08/08/2021

Our food was delicious! Server was great!

Pros:

Great views of aquarium! Great ambiance!

Cons:

It was a bit pricey but it worked out ok because we had the dining plan

Reviewed by VermontDisneyFan Review Date: 07/04/2021

My family loves coral reef! Amazing view of the underwater sea creatures. Service is always very good. We love seafood, so this is a must for us. Not too stuffy for little ones yet great menu choices for adults. Try this an underrated Epcot restaurant.

Pros:

Great seafood choices, delicious desserts. Beautiful attention to details. Great service. You forget you’re in a theme park. Don’t skip this underrated restaurant

Cons:

None - too many great food options in Epcot

Reviewed by dragonazul Review Date: 06/24/2021

I think I had a skewed experience for Coral Reef. I made a reservation during the pandemic a few months ago, and there was hardly anyone in the restaurant. Maybe four other parties? I was seated right up against the glass and had a sea turtle hanging out with me for half of my time in the restaurant. Ordered and shared the steak and it was decent. Not the best I've had in Disney but it had a drizzle and the potatoes were really good. I know people complain about the food here, but I legit had an amazing time! 10/10 would eat here again for the view alone.

Pros:

THE VIEW. I had a sea turtle next to me for half of my time in the restaurant.

Cons:

Steak was decent, could have been better.

Reviewed by mbelerique19 Review Date: 06/22/2021

Dined here for dinner in June 2021. Food was okay. The smaller menu doesn't offer as much variety to choose from. In my opinion, you dine here for the atmosphere and not the food.

Pros:

Great atmosphere. Appealing to kids & sea lovers.

Cons:

Limited menu

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 02/26/2021

Great views, great staff, great food, great price

Pros:

The views!

Cons:

NA

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 01/21/2021

Pros:

Atmosphere, amazing. Service, friendly and accommodating to a gluten free diet. Food was delicious! Seafood prepared perfectly.

Reviewed by TMJG29 Review Date: 01/11/2021

The idea of the aquarium was great but we were disappointed with the menu selection. Even though it’s obviously a seafood restaurant, there weren’t many other non fish options especially for the kids. It was tough with our picky eater and it was extremely cold in there so overall we had a bad experience.

Pros:

Environment

Cons:

Limited menu