Reviews of Coral Reef – Lunch/Dinner

Other Menus at Coral Reef Restaurant

Coral Reef Restaurant

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by TMJG29 Review Date: 01/11/2021

The idea of the aquarium was great but we were disappointed with the menu selection. Even though it’s obviously a seafood restaurant, there weren’t many other non fish options especially for the kids. It was tough with our picky eater and it was extremely cold in there so overall we had a bad experience.

Pros:

Environment

Cons:

Limited menu

Reviewed by CarlyMarie33 Review Date: 12/24/2020

the fish tank is amazing, but that is really the only good thing i have to say about this restaurant. the food was mediocre and the servers werent very magical. my husband actually told me he never wants to eat here again because it was not worth the price. i think the fish tank is great though, so i give this rating above average.

Pros:

fish tank is cool

Cons:

pricey, mediocre food, average restaurant

Reviewed by dedolezal Review Date: 12/22/2020

Beautiful restaurant with great servers and a living exciting entertainment that is tough to beat.

Pros:

Giant fish tank with sea turtles, sharks, and all kinds of fish. The shrimp and grits was delicious. The chocolate mousse was wonderful. The servers were incredibly thoughtful and fun.

Cons:

Sitting in the back makes the tank hard to see as there are no areas to stand in front of the tank that do not block diners.

Reviewed by ASDeLong Review Date: 12/19/2020

Overall good experience. Atmosphere was fun for the kids, and service was excellent. Meals were also good, although overpriced. Fun one time experience, but if you miss it, that's okay too.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Cons:

price

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/16/2020

This was our least favorite restaurant in Disney. This restaurant was loud, crowded, and kind of felt like you were in a giant box. If you were not sitting next to the fish tank, it is very lack luster. Seafood was mediocre at best especially if you live somewhere that you would be used to great seafood (ex. new england).

Pros:

fish tank tables are unique

Cons:

noise, food quality, ambiance, space, overall experience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 11/03/2020

Total let down. Go for the view and that's pretty much it.

Pros:

The atmosphere and castmembers were great.

Cons:

The food was below expectations for the price. You can find better options at Epcot.

Reviewed by dedolezal Review Date: 11/03/2020

Tasty food and a fun environment that is tough to beat.

Pros:

The aquarium is constant entertainment and the food has been pleasing every time. Desserts are the icing on the cake;)

Cons:

Decor could be updated and small menu. Menu could be small so they can focus.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 10/27/2020

This restaurant is big flash for a lot of cash, but it lacks the quality control of other restaurants on property. If you are looking for amazing seafood, skip it. If you’re ok with not so great food but having the unique experience of eating in the bottom of a fish bowl, you might love this place.

Pros:

Eating dinner in a fish tank.

Cons:

Food quality is mediocre at best.

Reviewed by ReynoldsMomOf5 Review Date: 10/21/2020

Very mediocre food for one of the more expensive menus. Lobster mac and cheese was awful with almost no lobster. Like bad catering.

Pros:

The aquarium

Cons:

expensive and not good.

Reviewed by HowardVincentKurtz13 Review Date: 09/12/2020

On Thursday, September 10 we had reservations for lunch at the Coral Reef restaurant to celebrate my birthday while at WDW. I made reservations online and checked the box concerning dietary restrictions.

When we arrived at the restaurant I was given a menu for allergies, however, I don’t actually have an allergy, but a necessity for a low sodium diet. When the waiter arrived at the table I asked him for a low sodium menu, or if it would be possible for me to speak to the chef? He assured me he would take care of it and he suggested the rib eye steak with no seasoning. He later returned to the table with rolls and olive oil saying the butter would be too salty and that he was replacing the side dish of mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli.

The dinner arrived and my plate was piled high with broccoli and a grilled steak. The steak was filled with fat and gristle, and by the time I cut away the uneatable portions, I was left with less than half of the meat. I asked to speak with the manager. The manager arrived at the table and said, “is there a problem.” I showed him the remains of the fat and gristle and the half eaten plate of broccoli. He explained, “that is the way our meat is cut and marbled, it has a lot of fat on it.” He never apologized, nor did he attempt to correct the poor meal that I was served, and he just walked away. I assumed as a manager of the restaurant that he would try to make amends, but he did nothing and the waiter brought the check with no correction or apology.

We paid the bill, which amounted to over $90 for our meals, before the tip. I know the Coral Reef is an expensive restaurant, but the expense was definitely not worth the price and the ineffective Disney employees did not make the situation any better. Here are three things that I have learned after eating at the Coral Reef restaurant and want to share: 1) Never order steak at a sea food restaurant, 2) Never have a waiter order for you instead of allowing you to talk to the chief, and 3) Never eat at the Coral Reef at Disney or any other Disney owned restaurants where the manager displays little or no concern for his guests.

Pros:

There were no pros for this dining experience