Reviews of Coral Reef - Lunch/Dinner

View Menus at Coral Reef Restaurant Dining Location

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: American, Seafood

Cuisines: Seafood, American
Read more about Coral Reef including links to the menus and a review here: http://allears.net/dining/location/coral-reef

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Living Seas - Future World - Epcot

Reviewed by ReynoldsMomOf5 Review Date: 10/21/2020

Very mediocre food for one of the more expensive menus. Lobster mac and cheese was awful with almost no lobster. Like bad catering.

Pros:

The aquarium

Cons:

expensive and not good.

Reviewed by HowardVincentKurtz13 Review Date: 09/12/2020

On Thursday, September 10 we had reservations for lunch at the Coral Reef restaurant to celebrate my birthday while at WDW. I made reservations online and checked the box concerning dietary restrictions.

When we arrived at the restaurant I was given a menu for allergies, however, I don’t actually have an allergy, but a necessity for a low sodium diet. When the waiter arrived at the table I asked him for a low sodium menu, or if it would be possible for me to speak to the chef? He assured me he would take care of it and he suggested the rib eye steak with no seasoning. He later returned to the table with rolls and olive oil saying the butter would be too salty and that he was replacing the side dish of mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli.

The dinner arrived and my plate was piled high with broccoli and a grilled steak. The steak was filled with fat and gristle, and by the time I cut away the uneatable portions, I was left with less than half of the meat. I asked to speak with the manager. The manager arrived at the table and said, “is there a problem.” I showed him the remains of the fat and gristle and the half eaten plate of broccoli. He explained, “that is the way our meat is cut and marbled, it has a lot of fat on it.” He never apologized, nor did he attempt to correct the poor meal that I was served, and he just walked away. I assumed as a manager of the restaurant that he would try to make amends, but he did nothing and the waiter brought the check with no correction or apology.

We paid the bill, which amounted to over $90 for our meals, before the tip. I know the Coral Reef is an expensive restaurant, but the expense was definitely not worth the price and the ineffective Disney employees did not make the situation any better. Here are three things that I have learned after eating at the Coral Reef restaurant and want to share: 1) Never order steak at a sea food restaurant, 2) Never have a waiter order for you instead of allowing you to talk to the chief, and 3) Never eat at the Coral Reef at Disney or any other Disney owned restaurants where the manager displays little or no concern for his guests.

Pros:

There were no pros for this dining experience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 09/12/2020

Pros:

There are no Pros on this dining experience

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 07/06/2020

We ate here on the last day of our trip because we realized we had an extra sit down credit on our dining plan that was unused. It was very easy to get a reservation. The atmosphere of the restaurant is great, but the service was pretty slow. We didn't have the most attentive server, but that could be different for you. We also ranked it low because there really wasn't anything super interesting on the menu. I used to like their scallop appetizer but when we went it was gone. Their lobster bisque is also really good, our 1 year old even loved it! Overall, there are many better places to get a reservation at Epcot but it will do in a pinch.

Pros:

Aquarium, Easy to get a reservation, lighter food

Cons:

Nothing super exciting on the menu, slow service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/04/2020

Great food and great atmosphere.

Pros:

Aquarium

Cons:

n/a

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/07/2020

my wife and i enjoyed a lunch as part of the candlelight processional package. we sat near then tank and we really enjoyed our meal we had the bisque shrimp and grits and crab cake. it was a bit loud but not too distracting

Pros:

great setting food was good

Cons:

Service was very sloooow. I think we waited 10 minutes for our drinks and had to ask for bread. I sometimes wonder who trains the staff or supervises what is happening. Once we got rolling it was fine.

Reviewed by AmberMac Review Date: 02/06/2020

The first time I ate here in 2005, it was amazing. Every time I’ve been here since the quality just seems to get less and the service gets worse.
Not worth the price I paid. Service is slow and inattentive.

Pros:

Great atmosphere and views.

Cons:

Slow service VERY long waits even when getting one of the first reservations of the day Food and desserts are just so-so.

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 12/27/2019

I got the side cesar salad and added chicken. I got a whole chicken breast and it was the best chicken I have ever had. Not dry, seasoned perfectly. I've had the steak before too and it never disappoints. The Moulton lava cake is the beat dessert by far! The views are amazing and the staff was great!!!

Pros:

Great views, great food, great staff

Reviewed by magicalcouple Review Date: 11/25/2019

I have given this restaurant a much higher mark in the past but this recent visit, I have to agree so many other naysayers.

Yes, the tank is lovely to look at and yes, the restaurant has that certain Disney appeal. However, the ambiance was overshadowed with how extremely noisy it was.

My 3 year old son and I had a Mother Son date and we received our appetizers quickly but waited nearly another HOUR for our main dishes. At this point, my DS was whimpering and could not sit still any longer. We waited it out for our food anyway. I had the shrimp and grits which turned out to be cold. My server took them off the check because I did not eat them. But I was sorely disappointed, as I have loved this restaurant for so many years. Bad night? Maybe. But a review is still a review and this one was mine.

Pros:

Tank, Ambiance, Lobster Bisque

Cons:

Noise, Slow Service, Cold Food

Reviewed by poolman Review Date: 08/20/2019

My DD dined at the Coral Reef on 8/19. We arrived a half hour early for our reservation and seated within ten minutes. My DD had Clam chowder. I started with the lobster bisque. We both enjoyed shrimp and Grits. All of our food was top notch. My only complaint was that the restaurant did not appear clean and well maintained.

Pros:

Great food

Cons:

Condition and cleanliness not on par with price point.