Reviews of Space 220

Reviewed by Vin Review Date: 10/03/2021

Absolutely fabulous out of this world dinning experience. Waiting room boarding area , then a space elevator ride220 miles above the earth to Centauri Space Station for dinner. Spectacular views but for me they did take away from food experience and conversation and I didn’t have a good seat. Anyway, to the food. I totally enjoyed the burrata, soft and creamy. Would have preferred the grilled artichoke hearts on top of the arugula as I couldn’t appreciate the grill or char on the artichokes and also more of the Romesco sauce. The combination of creaminess, bitterness and sunflower seeds delicious. My wife shared only one of her calamari rings also great starter. My entree was the Florida red snapper, good
portion, great flavor from the San Marzano tomato broth and good contrast with the Sicilian tapenade. Broccolini a little tough, fingerlings crispy on the outside, soft inside both could have used more seasoning. Overall, delicious dish. GE our server encouraged me to have the plant based carrot cake. Great suggestion. Mild, pleasant good balance definitely not over sweet and healthy. GE our server was personable, attentive and menu knowledgeable and stayed “in character.” I tried a trick question: are we on the second floor or third floor? His reply “No, we’re 220 miles up”
Our party of four enjoyed three different starters (burrata, calamari, cauliflower)and entrees (red snapper, salmon, duck) and four different desserts (carrot cake, sticky toffee pudding cake, chocolate cheesecake and lemon mousse). The fixed price 3 course dinner menu is a great value. Choices, quality, presentation and performance.

Pros:

Food Service Experience

Cons:

My seat and our table for 4 did not have a good view of all going on in outer space which was a distraction

Reviewed by mcassidy1 Review Date: 09/30/2021

Ate here for lunch on 9/25/21. We hustled over to get in line to make a first come/first served reservation only to find out that the front entrance visitors were let in almost 5 minutes before the International Gateway visitors which left us having to take what time we could get. The special effects of the elevator were cool. We were seated on the right side of the restaurant on "2nd level" and while the space visuals (space walkers, shuttles...etc) were unique our vantage point did afford us a view of them for long as they tended to disappear off the top of the screen quickly. Also the reflections of the restaurant on the screens was distracting. For appetizers we ordered the Starry Calamari and the Neptuna Tartare. While the calamari was a tad rubbery the way it was cooked with the cherry peppers along with the roasted pepper citrus aioli was delicious. I didn't have the tuna but the others enjoyed it immensely. For the entree I had the Flat Iron Steak while the rest of our party had the Centauri Burger. The steak was cooked to perfection and was very tasty as were the green beans. The smashed fingerling potatoes were not smashed and were too salty to eat. Everyone else loved their burgers which were cooked nicely to everyone's specifications. The fried potato wedges were fantastic (even tough they too were very salty.) Overall it was a good meal yet a little pricey. The service was great and the greeters and elevator operators immersed us into the experience. If you can get a reservation when they open up you should definitely grab one if you can.

Pros:

Service, atmosphere.

Cons:

Food was salty, price, reflective screens were distracting from the projections.