Reviews of Restaurant Marrakesh - Lunch/Dinner

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Read more about Restaurant Marrakesh including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by mistymassachusetts Review Date: 02/18/2020

This restaurant is gorgeous! So beautiful, so clean and the theming is on point. Loved the atmosphere and the music and bellydancer. Our server was so sweet and so attentive. We just didn't care for the food. None of it. We started off with the beef brewat rolls, interesting, not totally bad, but I was the only one that ate them. We then all ordered the beef kabobs thinking we were safe with that. Meat was extremely tender, we didn't like the flavor. Some seasoning they use is totally different from anything we've ever had. Kids wouldn't touch it, honestly I tried my hardest to eat it. We are just picky eaters I guess. I would love to go back though, it was such a beautiful place, I loved it other than the food. I would love to go back and just have some bread, drinks and desserts. It's worth it just for the atmosphere!

Pros:

Atmosphere, entertainment, service

Cons:

Food. We are bland eaters I guess. Not faulting the restaurant at all!

Reviewed by AdventurelandFan Review Date: 02/14/2020

The somewhat low ratings for this restaurant are both shocking and disheartening. I've been coming here for literally decades and have not, as of January 2020, ever had a bad experience. I always get a table by the entertainment area and have never been less than pleased with that choice. Unlike, say, Germany, the volume of the entertainment is a pleasant accompaniment to the meal. To me, it's worth going all-in for the Taste of Morocco multi-platter dish, as this acquaints you with most of the possibilities the restaurant has to offer.

The service has always been delightful when I've been there, and I don't think there's a more gorgeous, immersive, well-appointed dining space anywhere in any part of Walt Disney World.

This is flatly one of my favorite full service restaurants in all of WDW. It's miles ahead of almost anything in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, and it's on par with the best full-service joints in Animal Kingdom and the rest of the World Showcase. There are some resort dining opportunities — Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, just for a start — that offer better food for just a little bit more. So if your only criterion Is pure food quality, you may want to think about putting the money you'd spend here into that very fine dining establishment.

Along those same lines, a special note for lamb fans: none of Morocco's dining experiences serve the best lamb on property. Jiko has a lamb dish that defines the word "succulent", and it might make Marrakesh pale ever so slightly. But that lamb dish is also significantly more expensive, and Morocco's lamb is better than what most Americans can get in their home towns. (The truly disappointing lamb is really at Spice Road, in my experience.)

If what you're looking for is a memorable dining experience, with entertainment and a smashing ambience, go for a mid-day Taste of Morocco, and be sure to take your time looking at the quality of the workmanship that’s gone into the construction of this place. Why mid-day? Because a lot of the times you can get in without a reservation. Marrakesh is pretty hidden away from foot traffic, so most people don't even know it's there. And that's a genuine positive for a park restaurant. It's not enough for a restaurant to be good — you also have to actually be able to get in.

For me, Marrakesh strikes a neat balance between entertainment, ambience, service, food quality and table availability.

Pros:

Service, food, ambience, entertainment

Cons:

Better lamb at Jiko, if for a heftier price

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 01/04/2020

One of my boyfriend's favorite restaurants in Epcot. Very beautiful inside. I'm giving it a lower rating this year because we were seated so far away we couldn't see the stage with the bellydancer at all. Last year we were seated right at the stage. We had dinner here on Friday 12/06 and it was very crowded. I'm guessing lunchtime is less crowded here because last year the restaurant was empty? The entrees are very good and huge here. We were on the deluxe dining plan and for two adults it was $132.64.

Pros:

Good filling entrees, beautiful inside

Cons:

Very expensive if not on dining plan, I struggle with the appetizer and dessert menus having a nut allergy here as they use a lot of almonds, no view of bellydancer on stage this year

Reviewed by Pgroyal Review Date: 04/18/2019

Good food, nice entertainment

Pros:

interactive entertainment

Reviewed by ChallengerHK1 Review Date: 02/05/2019

I dined with a party of three, and we all liked the food a lot. I've ever been to Morocco, but I worked in Saudi Arabia for a few years, and the decor was much cleaner at Epcot. My location in Saudi catered to expats, so it's hard to make a comparison elsewise.

The only other thing I noted was that the belly dancer was much more chaste compared to prior visits. I recall the dancer being in something more gauzy on my previous visits, but this time she was covered from her beck to her ankles.

Pros:

Good food with a hint of the exotic

Cons:

Somewhat bland decor, which is probably authentic for Morroco

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

Restaurant Marrakesh was very good and doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. My only minor complaint is that for nut allergies the only dessert available was a fruit cup. My boyfriend and I ate here on Thursday December 6, 2018 for lunch. Good food. A belly dancer dances every thirty minutes or so. Check out the menu and you may be pleasantly surprised! Moroccan cast members were standing at the front of Morocco to try to promote this restaurant when we were here and we told them how much we enjoyed it.

Pros:

Belly dancer, good food, good theming

Cons:

Doesn't get the recognition it deserves, fruit cup only dessert option for nut allergies

Reviewed by sand935 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Liked the food here very much. Had the lamb with vegetable coucous. I liked the vegetable coucous so much I got the recipe and now make it at home.

Pros:

very good food

Cons:

music can be a little loud

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/03/2018

My niece had never dined at Restaurant Marrakesh so this was a treat for both of us. It had been a long time since I ate here. We started with the goat cheese appetizer and cocktails. I let my niece order two entrees that we would share and she picked the chicken couscous and the fish tangine.
The couscous was good but the fish was fantastic.
We both said we'd order it again. We ended our meal with hot Moroccan mint tea which was the perfect ending to a perfect meal. Our waiter, the music and belly dancer and the restaurant itself added to our lovely evening. A couscous doggie bag followed my niece home!

Pros:

I forgot how good this place is!

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

Not a bad experience but I am debating on coming here again.

The Atmosphere and the food are good, the servers are not knowledgeable about food allergies, however the Chef says he has been with the restaurant for 35 years and did a good job.

I had the Sultan's Platter witch was a little bland, until you try the chicken and beef pastry dusted with icing sugar.

The only con for me was the music is quite loud and my party left with a headache.

over all the food was alright, but I won't be returning here anytime soon

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Staff not knowledgeable about food allergies

Reviewed by jjod25 Review Date: 11/01/2017

First time dining at Restaurant Marrakesh and it was a positive experience all around. My wife and I are not particularly adventurous eaters, my children downright picky, so I was a little nervous going in. The food was delicious, not overly spicy and good flavor all around. Portion sizes were good and service was quick. The kids going out on the floor to belly dance was a nice touch. The kids menu had chicken fingers so they were please. On top of it the the interior is stunning. Highly recommended for couples or families.

Pros:

Food, staff, atmosphere