Reviews of Restaurant Marrakesh - Lunch/Dinner

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Cuisines: Other/Ethnic, Mediterranean

Children's Lunch/Dinner Menu

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Read more about Restaurant Marrakesh including links to the menus here:

Full Service Lunch/Dinner
Morocco - World Showcase - Epcot

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

Not a bad experience but I am debating on coming here again.

The Atmosphere and the food are good, the servers are not knowledgeable about food allergies, however the Chef says he has been with the restaurant for 35 years and did a good job.

I had the Sultan's Platter witch was a little bland, until you try the chicken and beef pastry dusted with icing sugar.

The only con for me was the music is quite loud and my party left with a headache.

over all the food was alright, but I won't be returning here anytime soon

Pros:

Good Food

Cons:

Staff not knowledgeable about food allergies

Reviewed by Irene Review Date: 02/09/2015

Very disappointed in quality of food. Have eaten here over ten years ago and expected the same flavors of food. While a lot of food for the price, the chicken was dry, the couscous could have come out of a box. No spice, no flavor, even though there were cooked veggies mixed in. What I loved from my previous visit, just wasn't there. I must add that the goat cheese appetizer was very tasty. But again, there were spices and flavors added to it. Even the baklava tasted "old". Sorry, but I will not be returning

Pros:

Decor

Reviewed by JoanneS Review Date: 01/21/2015

We gave Marrakesh a try on January 10. We were seated right away. The tables are very close and the restaurant looks like it needs a little refurbishment. The belly dancer was good and I enjoyed the live music. I ordered the chicken kebabs and my table neighbors ordered the lamb. We were so close together, we might has well been sharing a table. About a minute later our food arrived. Obviously, the dishes are prepared in advance and are waiting under some kind of heat source. The chicken was dry and tasteless. It was also a little tough and just luke warm. The neighbor's lamb looked like a large hunk of meat on a dish; totally unappealing. My husband ordered some kind of combination appetizer that we shared. Everything was cold and tasted the same. The spice palette was completely unpleasant to me. If it wasn't for the music and the pleasant service, I'd be looking to give this restaurant a negative number for a rating.

Pros:

Service, music

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 10/31/2013

The entertainment was good, but the food.....all of it for all of us in our party had the common review of being very bland.

Pros:

Good entertainment.

Cons:

Very bland, tasteless food.

Reviewed by rjstanley Review Date: 10/24/2013

My family just dined her tonight, all I can say is we were disappointed all the way around. We have never eaten here before and were looking forward to the belly dancer. In the 1 1/2 hours we were there she dance for a total of about 10 minutes and then we were not able to see her because of being seated in the far corner of the restaurant. The food was cold and tasteless. We thought we would at least end the meal with a tasty dessert - wrong :( The server was not very attentive. Overall completely disappointed I wasted a table service meal here.

Pros:

wait time to be seated

Cons:

food / atmosphere

Reviewed by longislander Review Date: 10/06/2013

Can you say LOUD??? I was so excited to try this restaurant. I regularly eat many of the foods at home that are served here. We arrived on time but had about a 15-minute wait. The hostesses seemed very disorganized. The first time they went to seat us, they turned us back around saying the table wasn’t ready. After another 5 minute wait, we were seated. The belly dancer and musicians were playing. I couldn’t talk to my daughter due to the noise level. We ended up texting each other throughout the meal so we could just communicate. Our food arrived rather quickly. I ordered the Couscous M-Rouzia, which is basically Moroccan pot roast. It was tasty but no vegetables. The meal felt incomplete and out of balance. My daughter ordered the Chicken Kebabs. The chicken was overcooked and tough and the vegetables were cold. The noise level was still unacceptable throughout the whole meal. This was not a pleasant experience. What a disappointment.

Pros:

Beautiful setting

Cons:

Everything else

Reviewed by DArcese Review Date: 03/25/2020

The atmosphere, entertainment, food, and drinks are all spectacular! The restaurant is a lovely reflection of how beautiful the pavilion is. My family and I love the immersive ambiance and the belly dancing entertainment is so much fun! In addition, the food is a little more adventurous, which my family of foodies loves! This has become a staple during our annual family trip!

Pros:

Ambiance, decor, music. Authenticity of recipes. Entertainment experience (live music and belly dancing) Great seating for large families

Cons:

My foodie family loves the menu and the Moroccan spices, but it may be a little flavorful or adventurous for a more simple palate.

Reviewed by olivemargaret22 Review Date: 03/24/2020

I grew up coming to this restaurant. It is a family fave. I will say when I was small I was a bit too picky to be pleased with it. But from trying my parents food and going there year after year I grew to absolutely love it. It is a really good way to introduce kids to food they aren't familiar with may actually love!

Pros:

Delicious, belly dancers are fun

Cons:

Kind of far back there in the pavilion

Reviewed by mistymassachusetts Review Date: 02/18/2020

This restaurant is gorgeous! So beautiful, so clean and the theming is on point. Loved the atmosphere and the music and bellydancer. Our server was so sweet and so attentive. We just didn't care for the food. None of it. We started off with the beef brewat rolls, interesting, not totally bad, but I was the only one that ate them. We then all ordered the beef kabobs thinking we were safe with that. Meat was extremely tender, we didn't like the flavor. Some seasoning they use is totally different from anything we've ever had. Kids wouldn't touch it, honestly I tried my hardest to eat it. We are just picky eaters I guess. I would love to go back though, it was such a beautiful place, I loved it other than the food. I would love to go back and just have some bread, drinks and desserts. It's worth it just for the atmosphere!

Pros:

Atmosphere, entertainment, service

Cons:

Food. We are bland eaters I guess. Not faulting the restaurant at all!

Reviewed by AdventurelandFan Review Date: 02/14/2020

The somewhat low ratings for this restaurant are both shocking and disheartening. I've been coming here for literally decades and have not, as of January 2020, ever had a bad experience. I always get a table by the entertainment area and have never been less than pleased with that choice. Unlike, say, Germany, the volume of the entertainment is a pleasant accompaniment to the meal. To me, it's worth going all-in for the Taste of Morocco multi-platter dish, as this acquaints you with most of the possibilities the restaurant has to offer.

The service has always been delightful when I've been there, and I don't think there's a more gorgeous, immersive, well-appointed dining space anywhere in any part of Walt Disney World.

This is flatly one of my favorite full service restaurants in all of WDW. It's miles ahead of almost anything in the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios, and it's on par with the best full-service joints in Animal Kingdom and the rest of the World Showcase. There are some resort dining opportunities — Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge, just for a start — that offer better food for just a little bit more. So if your only criterion Is pure food quality, you may want to think about putting the money you'd spend here into that very fine dining establishment.

Along those same lines, a special note for lamb fans: none of Morocco's dining experiences serve the best lamb on property. Jiko has a lamb dish that defines the word "succulent", and it might make Marrakesh pale ever so slightly. But that lamb dish is also significantly more expensive, and Morocco's lamb is better than what most Americans can get in their home towns. (The truly disappointing lamb is really at Spice Road, in my experience.)

If what you're looking for is a memorable dining experience, with entertainment and a smashing ambience, go for a mid-day Taste of Morocco, and be sure to take your time looking at the quality of the workmanship that’s gone into the construction of this place. Why mid-day? Because a lot of the times you can get in without a reservation. Marrakesh is pretty hidden away from foot traffic, so most people don't even know it's there. And that's a genuine positive for a park restaurant. It's not enough for a restaurant to be good — you also have to actually be able to get in.

For me, Marrakesh strikes a neat balance between entertainment, ambience, service, food quality and table availability.

Pros:

Service, food, ambience, entertainment

Cons:

Better lamb at Jiko, if for a heftier price