Reviews of Akershus Royal Banquet Hall - Breakfast

View Menus at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Dining Location

Breakfast Menu

Cuisines: American, Other/Ethnic
Read more about Akershus including links to the menus and videos here: http://allears.net/dining/location/akershus-royal-banquet-hall

Princess Storybook Character Breakfast
Norway - World Showcase - Epcot

Read prices, menu items, and more about Akershus Royal Banquet Hall

Services: Buffet/All You Care to Eat , Table Service , Table Service

Reviewed by PeterPancakes Review Date: 02/01/2020

Ok the food is good, but it’s no Ohana. BUT you get a TON of princesses and it is only one credit on the DDP. So it’s worth it

Pros:

Princesses!

Cons:

Crowded. Prepare to wait even with a reservation

Reviewed by Joyhardin Review Date: 11/23/2019

This was our 3rd time having breakfast here. We don't have kids, but my husband really likes the food, so we keep coming back. The cheesy potato casserole is about his favorite breakfast food in all of WDW. We had a very nice breakfast this trip too. Last year when we ate here, the waffles were brought to the table hot. This year they were on the buffet and were not hot, so that was a little disappointing. Everything else though, was great. We weren't really here for the characters, but we did snap a few pictures as they came by and it was a nice interaction.

We will most likely be back again next year.

Pros:

Potato Casserole

Cons:

Cold Waffles

Reviewed by darcelmargliotti Review Date: 06/18/2019

When we come to WDW we always make a point to make a reservation here. Not really for the character experience but mostly for the great food and service. Love the buffet items along with entrees. Good to feed a toddler rather than pay for a meal they won’t eat. In and out quick. And pic with Belle is a bonus!

Pros:

Food and service Great atmosphere Princesses spend a lot of time with kids

Reviewed by tiffynicole1984 Review Date: 12/29/2018

Expensive breakfast for two adults - I wouldn't eat here without being on the dining plan. Typical breakfast food served family style with some minimal Norwegian food to choose from on a buffet. My boyfriend and I ate here for breakfast on Thursday December 6, 2018. We had our group photo with Belle and then Cinderella, Aurora, Ariel, & Show White came to the table. All together the meal took about an hour. Ariel was especially good and in character.

Pros:

Princesses

Cons:

Expensive if not on dining plan

Reviewed by maze4 Review Date: 10/01/2018

Ate here in July celebrating my moms 70 & daughter 10th birthdays. Arrived on time and took us in after having to park ECV. You get picture with Belle then you get seated. Other princesses arrive we had Sleeping beauty, snow white, cinderella. They put us in room all by ourselves and it took forever for the princesses to realize we were there. The food was subpar not alit of options. Cold cuts & cheese, eggs. Turkey sausage. Bacon. It is way overpriced for food. But to meet princesses would recommend it. Was there early enough that should have gotten done early enough to jump on Frozen before park opened but took 2 hrs waiting for princesses. We will not return

Pros:

Meeting princesses, get done early enough to ride Frozen without FP

Cons:

Variety if food lacking

Reviewed by Georgia G Review Date: 09/29/2018

Great for meeting more than one princess without waiting in long lines. Nice enviroment and good food.

Pros:

I was alone and didn't have a reservation. So I went for rope drop and rushed to the line. I nicely asked to the cast members if I could have a table and they were kindly enough to let me in!

Cons:

The food is no big deal, it's ok. Go if you like the interaction with the princesses going to your table and spending some time with you. I also recommend going early in the morning if you like more quiet and peaceful meals.

Reviewed by Jenn Review Date: 09/29/2018

This is a favorite of my husband's. The food is delicious. My girls absolutely love the princesses they get to see. Ariel gave me a tip to use a dinglehopper to brush my redheads hair to help it grow.

Pros:

Only takes 1 sit down on dining plan, able to see a lot of princesses, food great, able to get on frozen quickly.

Cons:

N/a

Reviewed by HWFrieds Review Date: 09/27/2018

Great for adults and children

Pros:

buffet choices (traditional foods) and the family style service of the eggs, etc. Princess / Prince parade includes the children. Had a 9:10 AM reservation and got on the Frozen ride prior to being seated.

Cons:

Princesses are very quick to visit the table; I felt they were rushed and some of them were a bit standoffish during the visit

Reviewed by Susan Onken Review Date: 09/26/2018

I had never been to a character meal, so I booked a solo lunch. As a 64 year old grey haired \"princess,\" I was treated like a queen! I had a table near the buffet area, and could see into the main banquet hall. I enjoyed seeing the looks of pure joy on the little princess' faces when Belle and Snow White and the others made their rounds, and I figured they wouldn't stop by my table, but each one did, engaging me in conversations and posing for pictures. The best was Mary Poppins, who confided that Bert had been behaving quite childishly that day, and she was going to have a little talk with him later about his behavior! The food was very good ( Try the brown cheese, it's delicious!), and the waitress took the time to tell me about her favorite desserts from her home Norway. She brought me a sample dessert plate of 3 little cakes, the apple cake being my favorite. I felt I was treated just as nicely as all the younger princesses there, and it is one of my favorite memories of all my Disney experiences!

Pros:

Good food, memorable chats with Aurora and Mary Poppins.

Reviewed by Gingy160 Review Date: 12/06/2017

Excellent breakfast, great princesses, accommodating service. My son wanted Mickey waffles which are not on the menu, and our server was happy to put in a special order. Same for my nieces who wanted scrambled egg whites. My only issues are that it is really far away when you're hungry first thing in the morning(!), and that the earliest reservation is 8:05a. We are unlikely to go back for breakfast, simply for how far away it is -- especially if you enter Epcot from France and have to walk all the way around the north side of the lake to get there.

Pros:

Princesses, service, food

Cons:

Distance, time