Construction has continued to take place all around Disney World, making us even more excited for the projects that are on the way soon!
Although we can’t wait to ride some of the latest attractions or dine at a new restaurant, one of Disney’s big projects has officially been completed today! And, we’re taking you with us on our walk around the finished Disney’s Grand Floridian Walkway, leading all the way to the Magic Kingdom!
Guests staying at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort know that a huge perk to visiting the hotel is the easy accessibility to the Magic Kingdom. Although the Monorail directly connects from the Grand Floridian to other resorts and the Magic Kingdom, guests have also been able to take a few walking paths straight to the gates as well.
However, Disney has been working on the new Grand Floridian Walkway, which can be used by guests staying at both Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. While we’ve watched signs and sidewalk installed around the resort areas, today the walkway has opened for guests to officially use as they head to the Magic Kingdom!
We are walking the NEW walkway between the Grand Floridian and the Magic Kingdom! pic.twitter.com/y4cW2FRdhZ
— AllEars.Net (@AllEarsNet) November 20, 2020
Guests can find signs at Magic Kingdom pointing to where guests can enter the walkway area leading directly to the resorts.
The pathway is decorated with green and white fences that separate the Walkway from other parts of the parks…
…while lampposts line the area, so guests can clearly see during the day and night.
Shrubbery and trees grow throughout the scenic route…
…while guests can also spy a lovely look at the clear water and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort in the distance (we’re getting closer to the finish line!).
Guests will pass underneath the curve of the Monorail leading to the Magic Kingdom and the Disney Resorts…
…before they finally make it to the crossing bridge leading straight to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
The resort area has its own special lamp posts to stay in theme…
…along with trash bins that have the resort’s logo in black and gold font.
Walkway signs are placed around the resort, so guests are able to find their way from their rooms directly over to the Magic Kingdom.
We are so excited to finally see Disney’s Grand Floridian Walkway open! While it definitely is a way to get your steps in for the day, the Walkway is another way to get to the parks early in the morning without relying on transportation. Although it does take a bit of time, the convenience of being able to walk straight from your room over to Magic Kingdom is worth it.
As Disney wraps up the construction on other projects around the property, we’ll give you a look at what you need to know here!
Here’s a look at all the Christmas decorations inside Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort for the holidays!
Do you have upcoming reservations to stay at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort? Let us know in the comments below!
- Merch Alert! 🚨 Disney Fans Will Love These 6 Cyber Monday Deals!
- We’ve Seen Face Coffee in Disney World, But Now There Are Face DONUTS Too!
- Darth Vader Actor David Prowse Passes Away at the Age of 85
- Disney to Debut a Chadwick Boseman Tribute During ‘Black Panther’ on Disney+ Tonight
- HURRY! It’s the Last Day to Score Black Friday Savings on BoxLunch Merchandise!
- The Dreamy Tangled Dooney & Bourke Collection is Now Available Online!
- These Are the 8 Best Eats You’re Going to Want to Try at EPCOT’s Festival of the Holidays!
- PHOTOS: Here Are the Crowds We Saw in Disney World During Thanksgiving Weekend!
- Someone Was Missing from the Mickey & Friends Holiday Cavalcade in EPCOT Today!
- JOYFUL! Has Returned to the for the EPCOT Festival of the Holidays!