As Disney World prepared for its phased reopening, one of the biggest changes that took place was the temporary suspension of Park Hopping.
With Disney’s Park Pass Reservation System, guests could only visit one theme park per day, without the option of “hopping” to any other parks that same day. However, the days of only being able to visit one park per day are now numbered!
Disney World has announced that guests who have purchased a ticket or annual pass with Park Hopper benefits will be able to visit more than one park per day after 2PM starting on January 1st, 2021.
Disney has further clarified that they will be setting specific Park Hopper hours during which this option will be available. They will be updating information at DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours where guests will be able to check for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, “as they could start earlier at a later date” depending on the day and park.
With this updated experience, guests visiting Disney World will need to make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they plan to visit, and then subsequently have entered that first park before they are able to visit another.
This new system will affect some experiences as well, specifically the Rise of the Resistance virtual queue. Disney has clarified that if Disney’s Hollywood Studios is your second park of the day you will not be able to join the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance.
It’s important to note that Disney has also confirmed that, at this time, a park reservation will not be required for the second park you visit. That means that you will only need a Disney Park Pass reservation for your first park of the day.
We will be updating this post with more information as it becomes available, so stay tuned!
Will you be using the new park hopping option once it’s available this January? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- Take a Peek at the NEW PhotoPass Lenses Coming to Disney Genie+ Tomorrow
- What Do Disney World Wait Times Look Like Days Before Genie Launches?
- PHOTOS: Another EPCOT Shop Has Finally Reopened in World Showcase!
- Disney World Closures That Broke Our Hearts
- You Think Disney World is Expensive Now…Just Wait
- Disney World Increases Price on Select 50th Anniversary Dooney & Bourke Bags
- How Much Has Disney World’s Pricing ACTUALLY Changed in 50 Years?
- How High Are Weekend Wait Times in Disney World Right Now?
- So This is What Happens When Disney Gets Ahold of a 3D Printer…
- Ideas that Would Make Walt Disney World a Fortune