Earlier this week, select Disney World Resorts officially reopened to guests.
While the reopening gave us our first look at the progress of construction projects such as the walkway between Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Magic Kingdom, today there was some new construction spotted!
While Disney has not released any official information on what this barrier could be for, it comes at an interesting time. The NBA is expected to come to Disney World in July, with select teams making Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort their home base.
If other guests will still be staying at the hotel, it’s possible this fencing could provide a temporary barrier to help space out the NBA players from Disney World guests, helping to achieve the “bubble” that the NBA hopes to create for the players, personnel, and media that will be in the area.
Reporter Scott Gustin also shared photos of this barrier on his Twitter, which show additional views of the fence being put up and also the approximate placement.
Here's an *approximate* map showing where the fence is located at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. I also included some additional photos from this evening. https://t.co/FPRVBfkdCK pic.twitter.com/eF4gknIZKf
— Scott Gustin (@ScottGustin) June 28, 2020
At this time, Disney has not released any official information on this new addition to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, but we will keep you updated with any additional information!
We’re answering your BIGGEST questions about Disney World’s new Disney Park Pass reservation system here!
Will you be visiting Disney World for a trip this year? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World