Recipes Potato Bacon Soup Boma Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 6 servings
2 ounces Onions
2 ounces Bacon Fat
2 ounces Flour
8 ounces White Wine
8 ounces Chicken Stock
8 ounces Heavy Cream
½ teaspoon Nutmeg
To tasteSalt and Pepper
10 ounces Russet Potatoes, blanched
3 ouncesBacon Bits, save grease
Scallions for garnish
Method of Preparation:
1. Caramelize onions in rendered bacon fat. Add flour to make a roux. Cook until golden brown (blond.)
2. Reduce wine by half and add to stock.
3. Incorporate stock, milk, and cream to roux.
4. Burr-mix the soup until it is smooth and has a creamy consistency.
5. Adjust seasonings along with salt and pepper.
6. Prepare service, add bacon and garnish with scallions.