Reviews of Nine Dragons – China – Epcot

Other Menus at Nine Dragons Restaurant

Nine Dragons Restaurant

Services: Table Service

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 06/08/2021

One of my families must dos each trip to epcot. A quiet and relaxing dinning location indoors with good food and large portions.

Pros:

Relaxing large environment indoors with air conditioning, quieter and less crowded than some restaurants

Cons:

Typical dishes like fried rice and sweet and sour chicken

Reviewed by Anonymous Review Date: 03/25/2021

Nothing authentic, reminds me of a local Chinese takeout place except that this is sit-down. I can say that the food is mediocre and not terrible, but the desserts are not appealing. It does have some nice views though!

Pros:

Views, good service

Cons:

Food is not the best, expensive, desserts are not appealing

Reviewed by jd101506 Review Date: 03/04/2021

My wife and I ate here in October of 2019. The restaurant itself was easy to get to, very clean, and the staff was friendly. The food itself was pretty good, but its not a \"Disney\" experience by any means. You end up paying the \"Disney tax\" to get food that you've definitely had before at any Chinese restaurant across the U.S. I think the most interesting part of Nine Dragons really is the alcohol options. Some of the cocktails and Chinese beers are somewhat unique and could be fun for someone who appreciates either. I don't really have any complaints, but the best way I could describe this experience was \"welmed\". I wasn't over or under whelmed. I think there are better places to eat in Epcot, especially if there are food festivals going on. If Chinese cuisine is a must have, its a good option; if you want something uniquely \"Disney\" or something that will knock your socks off, this may not be it.

Pros:

-Easy to get a reservation -Familiar menu for anyone who eats Chinese regularly -Good cocktails and beer options -Friendly staff -Quickly seated and served

Cons:

-Familiar menu for anyone who eats Chinese regularly -Nothing uniquely Disney -Bland decor

Reviewed by slidersport Review Date: 02/15/2021

Nine Dragons offers solid, in-park Chinese food. It's not too much different from what you may get at a local Chinese restaurant if you live in a decent-sized city, but the prices are reasonable and the food is consistently good. You can usually grab a same-day reservation. Also, they have had Mr.Pibb/ Dr.Pepper in the past, and that is important to my wife and scarce at WDW.

Pros:

familiar food, same-day reservations, prices

Cons:

not very adventurous

Reviewed by KareLynn Review Date: 10/27/2020

This place has gotten better than when I came about 5 years ago. Stopped in again out of desperation and it’s not that it was bad, it just wasn’t great. My family eats Chinese at home once or twice a month so the dishes are familiar and everyone finished their plate. Points are taken off for this being epcot and they could do better but choose to keep it the same. Wish there were no misses in the parks but there are and this is one of them.

Pros:

Edible Chinese food

Cons:

If we are forced to eat here out of desperation why can’t it be exciting like other places in same park.

Reviewed by DisneyPJ Review Date: 05/19/2020

We ate here as part of our Candlelight Ceremony package. Food was pretty good and portions were huge. Definitely worth the money.

Pros:

Very tasty food. Portions were plentiful

Reviewed by Jazzfool20 Review Date: 10/30/2019

Finally ate hear on my most recent trip to WDW. We put it off for a long time, as Chinese food is pretty ubiquitous. Overall it was good. Had no reservation, and was seated quickly. Had spring rolls, vegetarian entree, and a cocktail. Drink was excellent, not overpriced, and pretty strong. Food was good, typical chinese cuisine, but veggies were not overcooked and the amount of food was plentiful, without being too much. Service was also good, attentive but not overbearing. Prices were average, but like I said quality was pretty good, so no complaints. They have a DVC discount which also helps. Although it wouldn't be my first choice for a world showcase restaurant, I would definitely return.

Pros:

easy to get into, good food

Reviewed by Grammy3 Review Date: 07/24/2019

We were looking forward to eating here as we loved the lotus blossom cafe food. This was a big disappointment. Deep fried chicken nuggets with not much sauce and very little flavor. Little to no vegetables with them and only white rice. The hot and sour soup was very bland. We have had better Chinese food from take out restaurants.

Pros:

Great service

Cons:

Overpriced and not very good

Reviewed by disneydiner Review Date: 06/18/2019

Nine Dragons was a favorite for years and then the quality of the food fell off and we ate elsewhere. I decided to try it again and ate here during my last two WDW visits and enjoyed it very much. On my most recent trip, my niece and I had Kung Pau chicken and it was very good but a little too spice for me after awhile. The portion was huge so it would be a perfect dish to share. My sister enjoyed her honey sesame chicken. Our waiter was very kind answering questions and making suggestions. The restaurant itself is just beautiful. On my previous visit I had Moo Goo Gai Pan (lunch menu) and it was super. I don't know why it's not on the dinner menu-I think it should be.

Pros:

Beautiful restaurant-good food-reasonable prices

Cons:

Only uncoated chicken available at dinner is the Kung Pau-hot (but tasty)

Reviewed by Jason V Review Date: 09/29/2018

I would rate this lower, I don't really like this place, but my wife and my kids love it and most people I talk to like it. The staff has always been good and you can usually get a reservation. The food isn't to me any different than Chinese food you can get at most any decent Chinese restaurant, maybe even not as good.

Pros:

Easy to get a reservation, staff very nice

Cons:

Seems to be ordinary or maybe even less than average Chinese