Reviews of Katsura Grill – Japan

Katsura Grill

Services: Quick Service

Reviewed by Beautiful0827 Review Date: 01/08/2021

I enjoy chicken teriyaki. I have had it at take out Japanese and in fine Japanese restaurants. The dish had no resemblance to the picture on the menu board. No flavor. Vegetables minimal. Take out Japanese in Dover, Delaware was better. Epcot should strive to do better. It's expensive.

Pros:

I normally say atmosphere but it really wasn't that great

Cons:

Lack of flavor, seemed microwaved, no grilling

Reviewed by jannielane Review Date: 11/14/2019

Whoever is in charge of this restaurant needs to check the definition of "teriyaki" - it means glaze grilled. It does not mean boiled chicken and stewed beef slathered with sweet sauce. However, the plain rice was delicious, and the edamame was properly prepared. The setting is lovely and relaxing.

Pros:

Lovely setting, some food is good

Cons:

Horrible teriyaki

Reviewed by PolynesianStitch Review Date: 06/17/2018

Chicken with beef teriyaki was good and a nice change of pace. Good serving size. Tables for two very small and indoor tables crowded quite closely together.

Pros:

fast service

Cons:

limited indoor seating, very small table

Reviewed by DVCabbyberry Review Date: 03/11/2018

We always enjoy going to Katsura Grill every trip. The food is great, especially the teriyaki chicken and the sauce they put on the chicken and rice. The decor there is very nice and pleasant to look at. The only problem is seating. The seating is good if the weather is nice. If the weather is hot and humid (which is typical Florida weather except in Winter), outdoor seating is uncomfortable and hard to enjoy food, or when it is raining, it becomes crowded inside. People will wait over you to get your table after you leave, but this is common in most Disney restaurants like this. If weather is nice, I would suggest sitting outside. Overall, I would recommend Katsura Grill to Disney guests, for it has delectable food and nice scenery and decor, just make sure you have a spot to sit. 🙂

Pros:

Food, Decor

Cons:

Seating

Reviewed by Donald_13 Review Date: 02/04/2018

It was my first time coming to Katsura Frill, and I was impressed.

As a Chef and a Critic I wanted to try something new and thanks to the Dis Unplugged this was a great recommendation.

I had the chicken and beef teriyaki bowl with rice and salad, and a glass of plum wine. It is a pleasant dish that is light cleanses your palate, broadens your experience with Japanese cuisine and can't be found in any food court in America or Canada.

The plum wine is similar to a ice wine but not overly sweet. It added a nice sensation of flavor to the dish that will leave you with a pleasant smile.

Defiantly coming here again

Pros:

Great Location, good food, great price

Reviewed by Rockerchick15 Review Date: 01/29/2018

I ordered the Tokyo Sushi combo and a green tea colada on the new 2018 dining plan. While the sushi had good flavor, it was a little dry for my taste. The fish were sticking to my teeth, if that makes sense to you. The colada was not my thing either, but it tasted exactly like its description...so that was my own fault.

The staff were very friendly and efficient though, so high marks for service!

Pros:

Fast Friendly Service

Cons:

Sushi a little dry

Reviewed by colemamma Review Date: 01/16/2017

This was my first time here and I was quite pleased. I got the shrimp tempura udon and loved it. Shrimp was crispy and the noodle bowl was fantastic. I swear I have dreams of those Udon noodles- best I have ever had.

The seating inside the restaurant is close quarters, you are so close to other diners it isn't very relaxing. Next time I will sit outside. I think this area of Epcot is the most beautifully themed in the park.

Pros:

Udon noodles are wonderful, location is the prettiest in epcot

Cons:

close seating, not a lot of room inside the restaurant

Reviewed by matheked Review Date: 12/20/2016

This has always been a favorite of ours. For some reason they switched the chicken thigh in the chicken dishes to unbreaded chicken tenders. The meat was dry and chewy and had no taste. Why would you do this??? There is a huge difference between white meat and dark meat. I see no reason to return to this place.

Pros:

Easy to get a seat

Cons:

food is horrible

Reviewed by LISAE Review Date: 08/10/2016

The food was fine just much more bland than I had expected. I had the teriyaki beef and chicken platter which was just tasteless although fresh. A nice touch was being able to substitute edamame for a dessert.
The seating here is probably the best kept secret in Epcot. Plentiful indoors and outdoors and very quiet.

Pros:

plentiful quiet seating indoors and outdoors.

Cons:

average food

Reviewed by caltex Review Date: 01/08/2016

For a quick service venue, Katsura Grill is worth considering. A noteworthy entree is the chicken cutlet curry. The chicken (breaded with panko?) was moist in the inside and crispy on the outside. The curry was flavorful and the overall dish was very good. My family and I generally found the friendliest cast members in the world showcase are to be found in the Japan pavilion and the folks in Katsura Grill were no exceptions. The only downside is that seating is limited inside although there are tables outside.

Pros:

Food, service

Cons:

Crowded