There is a LOT of construction work going on all around Disney World. But, one of the projects we’ve been keeping an especially close eye on lately is all of the work being done at Cinderella Castle.
Not too long ago, we saw some of the Castle Stage blocked, and the moat around the castle being drained (AGAIN). Most recently we saw the castle stage stripped ALL the way down to part of its plywood flooring. But, when we walked past the Castle today we noticed that things were TOTALLY different again…and there were more signs of construction nearby.
We’ll start with the castle stage. Just days ago, all of the platforms on the stage were gone and we could see straight through to the plywood floors. Here’s what it looked like recently.
And here’s what it looked like today. Wow. Cinderella’s mice must have been hard at work!
The stage is now covered and we can’t see through to the plywood underneath.
There are also a number of pillars or poles sticking out from the ground on the left and right sides of the stage.
And, of course, in true royalty fashion, the Royal Court has placed an apology notice on some of the scrim there.
Now, we’d already seen the castle moat drained, but today we spotted something new. — some construction vehicles and equipment were down in the moat.
There were several vehicles placed at different spots in the dried-up moat.
We’ve just got to take a second to mention — how cool would it be to walk all the way on the bottom of that moat (sort-of like walking in a pool with no water) and look up at that giant castle?! PRETTY COOL.
We’re not entirely sure why these vehicles are here or what type of construction is being done, but we’ll definitely be on the lookout for more information.
Cinderella Castle is set to receive a mini-transformation for the 50th Anniversary. Could this all be part of the preparations for that? It’s possible, but the 50th Anniversary celebrations aren’t set to begin until October 1st, 2021. We’ll keep stopping by this area to see what new developments we spot and keep you up to date on all the latest!
What is your favorite park icon to take a photo with — the Castle, Spaceship Earth, Tower of Terror, or the Tree of Life? Tell us in the comments!
More Stories About Disney World
- Disney World’s Highest Wait Time Yesterday Probably Won’t Surprise You…
- NEWS: Disney World Railroad Closure EXTENDED into 2022
- AllEars TV: Should You PAY To Skip the Lines in Disney World?
- Everything You Can Do for Halloween in Disney World Without Going to BOO Bash
- A Classic Attraction Had One of the BIGGEST Wait Times in Disney World Yesterday!
- NEWS: Disney World Renames Modified Character Meet and Greets
- AllEars TV: Starbucks is NOT the Best Coffee in Disney World
- 12 Things You Forgot About for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary
- 8 Things (Besides Crowds) That Will Impact Your 2021 Disney World Trip
- NEWS: Holiday Park Passes For Disney World Are Starting to Sell Out