While Disney World has reopened with strict health and safety protocols, Disneyland has been welcoming guests again to Downtown Disney with similar measures put in place.
As the parks continue moving forward to make changes in accordance with the circumstances in the parks, Disney has made sure that Cast Members are well-equipped during their return. While Disneyland will be issuing care packages for Cast Members, now Disney is adding an extra part to Cast Members’ outfits.
Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts’ costuming teams have partnered with the Disney Parks Live Entertainment, Worldwide Safety Services, and Global Applied Technology to create new face mask designs for the employees returning to the parks!
Disney Parks Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel has stated that the new reusable face coverings are “both functional and comfortable” and are able to “last for more than 50 washes.” The design is more breathable for the amazing Cast Members who help guests all day long in the parks.
Both Disneyland and Disney World worked together to make a “unified design” that takes cues from the “experience and exposure to different types of problems and projects” from all of the Disney employees, according to Disneyland’s Costume Designer Yonit Olshan.
The pattern is made with sparkles, pixie dust, and Mickey constellations that point to the Second Star to the Right and evening star!
The Cast Members will be able to have two styles in pleated or contoured with multiple sizes for different people. The mask comes with adjustable spandex over the ears, an extended nose pinch to the face, a contoured shape underneath the eyes, and a lightweight and quick-drying material.
As the Disney Parks move forward with their new health and safety procedures, we’ll give you all the information you need to know!
What is your favorite Cast Member outfit in the parks? Let us know in the comments below!
Want to learn more about the Reopened Disney World?
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About the Reopened Disney World!
- We Went to Magic Kingdom for Disney World’s Reopening — Here’s What You Need to Know!
- Everything You Need To Know About the Reopening of EPCOT!
- We Went to the Reopening of Disney's Animal Kingdom -- Here's What It Was Like!
- We Went to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for Its Reopening Day -- Here's What You Need to Know
- Here Are ALL the Changes and Cancellations That Disney World Just Implemented for Their Reopening!
- Everything You Need to Know About Disney World's Face Mask Policy
- Everything You Need to Know from Disney World's Reopening!
- We’re Answering Your BIGGEST Questions About Disney World’s New Disney Park Pass Reservation System!
- The Ultimate Guide to Disney World’s Relaxation Stations
- 6 Tips You Aren’t Thinking of for Your 2020 Disney World Trip
- Tips to Remember When Wearing a Face Mask in Disney World
- Here’s What It’s Like to Wear a Disney Face Mask All Day Long in Disney World!
- What You Need to Know About the Transportation Options at a Reopened Disney World