The Tron Coaster is coming from Shanghai Disney to the Magic Kingdom in 2021 — just in time for the park’s 50th anniversary.
The Tron coaster will call Tomorrowland home, and be neighbors with Space Mountain and Tomorrowland Speedway.
Disney shared that vertical construction started on the ride in mid-May of this year. It sure has come a long way!
We can start to see the “swoop” of the ride track.
The coaster’s formal name will be TRON Lightcycle Power Run. We will board a train of two-wheeled Lightcycles and set off on a ride into Tron’s high-tech universe.
Don’t worry if you haven’t seen Tron because it will be available on Disney+ starting next week when the streaming service launches! In addition to the original film from 1982, the 2010 sequel TRON: Legacy as well as the 2012 animated TV series TRON: Uprising will also be available on the service.
Are you excited about the Tron coaster coming to Disney World? Let us know in the comments!
Want to learn more about TRON: Lightcycle Power Run? We can help!
- Love Trains? You’ll Wanna See the Latest Walt Disney World Railroad UPDATE!
- PHOTO: Disney Shares Update on TRON Coaster in Magic Kingdom!
- How Disney World Has Become Unrecognizable in the Past Two Years
- Should You Visit Disney World for the 50th Anniversary?
- Is Now the Best Time For Your First Disney World Trip?
- Everything We Know (So Far) About Walt Disney World’s Big 50th Anniversary
- PHOTOS: The TRON Coaster’s Canopy Has Made HUGE Progress in Disney World!
- TRON’s Construction Progress Has Us Even MORE Excited for Its Debut in Disney World!
- VIDEO: Go Behind-the-Scenes of the TRON Coaster’s Construction Progress in Disney World!
- PHOTOS: Check Out the Construction Progress from Above of TRON in Disney World!