Recipes Jollof Rice Boma – Flavors of Africa Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yield: 16 servings
16 ounces Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans. wash off brine
16 ounces Kidney Beans, wash off brine
2 quarts Coconut Milk
2 quarts Water
2 pounds Onions, diced chunky
2 ounces Ground Turmeric, toasted
2 ounces Ground Coriander, toasted
2 each Cinnamon Sticks
4 quarts White Rice/Jasmine/Basmati, washed
8 ounces Sugar
1 ounce Chopped Cilantro
To taste Salt and Pepper
Method of Preparation:
1. Prepare the chickpeas and/or Garbanzo beans according to the directions on the package. Set aside. 2. Heat oil and sauté onions. Add turmeric, coriander, and cinnamon sticks.
3. Add rice, coconut milk, and water.
4. Add sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Continue stirring, and add more water as needed until rice is cooked.
6. Add in chickpeas/beans at the end. Cook long enough to heat the beans through. Serve.