Reviews of Wilderness Lodge (Deluxe Resort)

A Disney Deluxe Resort in the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Connected by path to Ft. Wilderness.

For full details, Fact Sheet, Photos and Videos visit: http://allears.net/acc/faq_wl.htm

Reviewed by glufactory57 Review Date: 04/10/2014

Stayed 4 nights 3/31 - 4/4 DH and myself. Weather was great so that helps but resort is about my favorite. Fast service can be very crazy in AM but not bad - few choices though. Room clean and comfortable. Resort is BEAUTIFUL. Only complaint is a 45 min. bus ride to Typhoon Lagoon. Probably will take cab next time. The boat ride to Magic Kingdom is a perfect way to get there. One pet peeve I have is no parental supervision in hot tubs - but that's at all the resorts. Absolutely will return to this resort.

Pros:

Beautiful grounds,great theme& wonderful hot tubs

Cons:

some long bus rides

Reviewed by lisakb22 Review Date: 04/01/2014

We loved this resort!We had stayed at 3 other moderates and up graded to a Deluxe and weren't sorry.This resort is the smallest on property so it is easy to use all of the services provided without having to walk a mile to get there! The only downside to staying here was the bus service-we shared with Fort Wilderness or the Grand Floridian-this was a new not pleasant experience compared to the moderates we had stayed at that had their own bus. I feel if you are paying a premium for staying at a Deluxe Resort,each one should have its own bus,some of the rides to the parks were long as well as some of the waits to get a bus.

Pros:

theming,location, service

Cons:

bus sharing

Reviewed by BigB Review Date: 02/18/2014

Every aspect of this resort are amazing! The landscaping is beautiful and the rooms are great!

Reviewed by jenniemouse Review Date: 02/02/2014

Loved taking boat to MK. Rooms had plenty of room for storage and we could see fireworks from our woods view balcony. Food court was small and crowded around the coffee in the morning but served us when we need it. Bus stopped at GF on way to AK and FW campsites on way to EP. We drove our car to HS. Overall loved it and would go back.

Pros:

location, rooms

Reviewed by jenniemouse Review Date: 01/28/2014

We stayed here from 1/18-1/26. 2 Adults 2 kiddos. Room 4026 woods view. We could see fireworks through the trees! Was a little confusing when we first pulled up in our car with the unloading process etc. The room was great. Plenty of storage and very cozy beds. My only complaint there was no where to hang towels after using them. Mousekeeping was great. Got towel animals twice. They brought us a stepstool for our son when we called. We were right by elevator which was nice and laundry was very close by. Food court was fine. Small and crowded by coffee. Sandwiches were the best and we had breakfast on our last day. Buses were hit or miss. We drove our car to Hollywood Studios. Waited a while in the morning for other park buses. Bus stopped at Grand Floridian on the way to Animal Kingdom and at Campground on the way to Epcot. We enjoyed the boat to and from Magic Kingdom and to Contemporary as we went there twice. Overall a great place. Was too cold to enjoy the pool. But I definitely plan to go back.

Pros:

Location, boats to Magic Kingdom, room size

Reviewed by TGropp Review Date: 01/08/2014

We stayed here from Dec 18-26 and it is the only place to stay at Christmastime. It does not get any better than this Decorations are beautiful and it seems like your a million miles away from WDW. My favorite resort of them all.

Pros:

Atmosphere

Reviewed by Irishrabbit Review Date: 01/04/2014

Hubby & I stayed at the WL 12/13-12/20. We'd stayed here years ago, but this trip was my 50th Birthday trip from hubby.
We used the Magical Express from the airport, and were greeted by a cast member as soon as we got off the bus. Check in was fairly quick. There were magic bands waiting for us even though we didn't opt to take them. We're old fashioned when it comes to those, would much rather have the card. We opted for a "woods view" room, and were assigned a room on the 6th floor overlooking a few trees, but with major views of the parking lot & bus loading area. The room was very old looking, and not what I was expecting for this special trip. We called the front desk, and were told there wasn't much available that night, but they would have the manager call us. The front end manager (Jackson?) called us & asked if we could stay in this room that night, and the next day he could get us into a room "more appropriate for a birthday celebration". The next morning we had bell services bring our luggage downstairs to be stored, and our important stuff was locked in a safe by the front desk. Because we had breakfast reservations at the Kona Café and things were taking longer than expected, the cast member had a taxi take us over to the Poly on them so we could make our reservation. We got back to the resort around 4, and went to the front desk to get our new room keys. We were assigned room #4169, which turned out to be a concierge suite overlooking Bay Lake! Needless to say, this room was incredible, amazing views, totally worthy of a 50th Birthday trip! This room seemed to have been updated, and was very comfortable. Our Mousekeeper Qun kept our room spotless, and made us little animals out of small towels to go along with the stuffed characters we had purchased!
The dining options at WL are very good, having both a quick service, casual and fine dining spot.
The lobby was decorated beautifully for Christmas too. WL has a nice shop, much larger than I remembered, with a nice selection of merchandise, including resort themed items.
The bus service at WL seemed to be a bit better than last year when we stayed at POFQ. We did wait about 30 minutes for buses, and twice waited 40 minutes on nights we needed to make connections to get to dinner reservations. The boat from WL to MK & Contemporary was very pleasant. I do recommend this beautiful resort, it made for an incredible birthday present for me, but it is a bit pricey.

Pros:

Great location, good on-site restaurants

Cons:

Rooms are a bit old, need some updating

Reviewed by Disneyhenry Review Date: 12/12/2013

Our stay was 12/2/13 - 12/10/13
We had party of 15 with 4 rooms, 10 adults, 1 13 year old, 1 6 year old, 2 4 year olds and an 20 month old. 3 rooms with courtyard views and bunk beds, 1 with a woods view and 2 queen beds.
We did an online check in, we checked in at 7:30 AM, we knew our rooms would not be ready, we just wanted to start going to the parks. The lobby was just amazingly beautiful!!! Of course I asked if any rooms had a view of the Castle in the MK, she told me no, the trees have taken over. Check in was timely manner and staff very happy, friendly.
We all received a text about 2PM telling us our room numbers. We had 6051, 6049, 6045 and the wood views had 6034. All the rooms have a nice view, but room 6034 had an amazing view of the Castle!!!
I did go down to chat with the front desk staff when it was quiet for them, they told me what rooms had a view of the castle for future reference.
All the staff at WL was just so happy, fun and friendly. Our rooms were very clean and the style was up to date.
The boat to MK was perfect, we all loved the pool (it was around 85 for most of our stay), the walk from the parking lot was not to long (we had rented a 15 passenger van), my sisters and adult kids used the buses and said they were fine, I never used the bus system.
We loved Whispering Canyon, Roaring Forks had great food but was way to small. Christmas decor was just perfect
We will stay here again for sure! All of us want to, it was a perfect stay

Pros:

Theming, Great Location when you have little ones, Happy & Friendly Staff, Great Food

Cons:

Roaring Forks to small, no monorail

Reviewed by DisneyJunkie Review Date: 11/01/2013

If unable to stay at a monorail resort in the MK area, the Wilderness Lodge is a fantastic alternative. Wonderfully themed and nestled away in its own little nook of the property, the WL is truly an impressive resort. It's close enough, yet far away enough to be in the Magic Kingdom area and feel like its own secluded resort. Rooms are spacious, restaurants are enjoyable, and the lobby is something special.

Pros:

Cheapest deluxe resort. Great location. Terrific eating places. Great overall theme.

Cons:

No monorail. Too much wait for bus transportation.

Reviewed by Drakegirl Review Date: 09/29/2013

Stayed at the lodge from 9/20 to 9/25 for the first time. My husband and I loved it! Short bus trips to all parks and downtown Disney. Beautiful room and great view of the woods. Whispering canyon café was great for breakfast. Roaring forks was a little small and cramped when it was a prime time for meals. We are already planning next years trip to this amazing resort.

Pros:

Central location

Cons:

roaring forks small