Quite a few changes are already starting to take place over at the Jungle Cruise as part of the ride’s re-theme.
Not too long ago, Trader Sam was removed from the ride. Recently, we also spotted one detail from the queue area was gone and the wall there had been repainted. As Disney noted, the Jungle Cruise will continue to be open as changes are made to the attraction, so today we stopped by to see if we could spot anything new. And sure enough something BIG from the ride had disappeared!!
One of the Jungle Cruise’s classic scenes is the part where the travelers are being chased up a pole by a very upset looking rhino and some other animals nearby. Here’s a peek at what this scene typically looks like.
And here’s what it looked like today. WOW! Where’s the pole?! Where are the travelers?!
It seems they’ve disappeared into thin air!
This shouldn’t necessarily come as a giant surprise though. This particular scene is one of the ones that Disney has specifically identified as a scene that will be changing with the re-theme. Check out the concept art of what this updated scene is meant to look like.
Today we also spotted what appeared to be some more netting where Trader Sam used to stand.
As part of the Jungle Cruise re-theme, Disney is also adding more to the backstory of the ride, with a particular focus on Alberta Falls. Alberta Falls is the granddaughter of Dr. Albert Falls — now where have we heard that name before?!
All you Society of Explorers and Adventurers fans out there are going to love some of the references included in her story.
Overall, the re-theme is set to bring a cohesive storyline to the ride.
Some classic scenes will remain while others will be reimagined, but one thing that’s definitely sticking around are those puns, so don’t you worry about that!
We’ll continue to hop aboard the Jungle Cruise from time to time to see what other changes are being made to the ride. And we’ll be sure to keep you updated as we see and learn more. Stay tuned for all the latest Disney news!
More Stories About Disney World
- How Did Disney World’s Wait Times Change with New Health & Safety Policies This Week?
- Here’s EVERYTHING You Need to Know About Disney’s Star Wars Hotel
- All the Entertainment That STILL Hasn’t Returned to Disney World
- How Could Disney World Change with Increased Capacity Measures?
- Festival of the Lion King Reduces Physical Distancing For Guests in Disney World
- Things We Take for Granted in Disney World
- Do These 10 Rides Deserve to Be the WORST at Walt Disney World?
- NEWS: Plexiglass Removed From Tower of Terror in Disney World
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: What the New Face Mask Policy Looks Like in Disney World
- BREAKING: Disney World Will No Longer Require Masks Outdoors
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!
Are you excited to see the new elements coming to the Jungle Cruise? Tell us in the comments.