The attraction is slated to remain open in Magic Kingdom as these changes are implemented, and it looks like some of that work has already begun!
We hopped aboard Jungle Cruise today and spotted a very noticeable change to the ride — the Trader Sam animatronic has been removed!
Trader Sam was previously located at the very end of the attraction, where a Skipper would inform guests about his unusual trading policies and practices.
Now, all that remains is an empty space in the jungle where he once stood!
Trader Sam has been removed from Jungle Cruise as the ride's makeover begins. pic.twitter.com/OLCtDGHVMb
— AllEars.Net (@AllEarsNet) April 5, 2021
The changes being brought to Jungle Cruise are part of Disney’s initiative “to make sure that any time we show something culturally significant, that is done in the proper light,” as described by Carmen Smith, executive for Creative Development and Inclusive Strategies.
We’ll continue to check in on Jungle Cruise in the coming weeks and months to bring you the latest updates as this classic Disney World ride undergoes its major reimagining!
What is your favorite Magic Kingdom ride? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- PHOTOS: Something BIG Was Missing from the Jungle Cruise in Disney World Today!
- Did It Just Get EASIER To Get a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group in Disney World?
- How Disney Controls Shop Capacity May Be Changing Soon!
- Why Disney’s Latest Announcement is Such a Big Deal
- Disney World Has CHANGED How They Load a Popular Ride!
- We Spotted An Unexpected Change at Disney World’s Jungle Cruise Today!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: See What Cinderella Castle Will Look Like For the Next Two Years!
- AllEars TV: The Secret to Having the Best Day in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
- An EPCOT Store Will Temporarily Close Soon
- Find Out Who Made it to the Finals In the Disney World Ultimate Tournament!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!