Happy (Almost) New Year!
Are you celebrating the arrival of 2021 at Disney World next week? You might see some lingering holiday crowds and a few disruptions during your vacation. We’re here to give you the low-down on all the attractions that are scheduled for refurbishment between December 28th through January 3rd, 2021!
The train in Magic Kingdom hasn’t been running for quite some time now. It stopped making its way around the theme park around the time construction for TRON Lightcycle Run began. The new roller coaster is located toward’s the outer edge of the theme park and construction is happening right around the train tracks. The train is temporarily unavailable while the attraction is finished.
It’s unclear when the train will start making trips again. TRON is currently set to open in October 2021. The could indicate a timeline for when the train will start running.
PeopleMover fans are anxiously awaiting for the PeopleMover to reopen in the Magic Kingdom. We expected the attraction to reopen along with many other attractions the day that the theme park reopened. The PeopleMover was closed for several days without explanation.
Eventually, the PeopleMover ended up on the official refurbishment schedule on the Disney World. Then the closure was extended twice and is currently scheduled to reopen on January 10th, 2021. We’re so close to seeing the PeopleMover reopen again!
The most distracting refurbishment is happening at Rivers of America in Frontierland. The river has been completely drained and bone dry! Guests visiting the Magic Kingdom might be a little jarred when seeing a muddy river bottom instead of a glorious river!
Two attractions are affected by the drained river. Tom Sawyer Island is currently closed and the Liberty Square Riverboat is not operating either. Both attractions are scheduled to stay closed through February 28th, 2021.
We should also note that Kali River Rapids in Disney’s Animal Kingdom will close on January 4th, 2021 for refurbishment too. The water ride tends to close during the winter months due to cold weather and therefore, lack of guest attendance.
As of now, Kali River Rapids is set to reopen on April 2nd, 2021.
That’s all for next week! You’ll notice more construction happening around the theme parks during your visit. EPCOT is preparing for its major transformation, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is undergoing an entryway overhaul, and the Main Street Train Station is covered with a scrim facade.
We’ll be back for more refurb updates soon!
Disney World News!
- One Closure Ends But Five More Continue in Disney World This Week
- NEWS: Roger Rabbit Car Toon Spin Will Get a NEW Storyline in Disneyland
- Take a Look at the New Website and Concept Art for Space 220 in EPCOT!
- Check Out the Aerial View of Construction on Disney World’s Fantasmic!
- First Look at the Sign for EPCOT’s Upcoming Creations Shop
- 5 BIG Changes and Closures in Disney World This Week
- PHOTOS: Signs Removed From the NBA Experience in Disney Springs
- All the Closures You Need to Know About in Disney World This Week
- TWO Classic Attractions, One Shop, and More Will Be Closed in Disney World Next Week
- VIDEO: Construction Update on the Monorail Station at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!