Disney will often take advantage of the winter months in Florida to temporarily close water rides. The rides will close due to scheduled refurbishments or lack of guest attendance during the cooler temperatures. We reported earlier that Kali River Rapids may go down early next year. Disney World’s website has now confirmed the closure.
Kali River Rapids will close for refurbishment starting January 3rd, 2021. The closure is most likely scheduled for incoming winter weather.
Kali River Rapids is currently scheduled to reopen on April 2nd, 2021. The schedule is similar to this year’s refurbishment which began on January 6th and ended on March 21st, 2020.
No other water rides have been listed under refurbishments as of right now. We’ll continue to check back for more closure updates at Disney World.
Are you a fan of Kali River Rapids? Let us know in the comments!
- A Big Resort Refurb Plus 5 Attractions That Will Be Closed in Disney World This Week!
- 5 Rides That Will Be Closed This Week in Disney World
- NEWS! Magic Kingdom’s PeopleMover Refurbishment Has Been Extended Yet AGAIN in Disney World
- 4 Disney World Attractions That Will Be Closed This Week (PLUS One Returning!)
- 4 Magic Kingdom Rides That Will Be Closed This Week in Disney World
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: EPCOT Unveils NEW Entrance Fountain
- 4 Attractions You Won’t Be Able to Ride in Disney World This Week!
- 4 Disney World Attractions You Won’t Be Able to Ride This Week
- The Storied History Behind EPCOT’s Spaceship Earth
- PHOTOS! Twists and Turns Take Form in Our Latest TRON Construction Update in Disney World!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!