Earlier this year, we learned that Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort would be undergoing some major renovations and refurbishments, leaving much of the property closed until the summer of 2021.
Currently, the Villas are still open for Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests; however, regular guest rooms and some resort amenities remain unavailable at this time.
In addition to the rooms being re-imagined, the entryway and main lobby will also get a fresh new look. Due to the construction, some areas of the resort are currently off-limits to all guests.
Work has been going on around the resort since September, which has since expanded across the resort grounds.
While construction walls are never what we would consider a great “view,” we’re excited to see what the finished product will look like next year!
Be sure to follow along as we continue to check in on the latest construction progress happening at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort!
Click here to check out photos and videos of the new Grand Floridian walkway, giving all of the Monorail resorts foot access to Magic Kingdom!
Would you still stay at the Villas at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort during construction? Let us know in the comments!
Disney World News
- This Life-Like Mural at EPCOT’s Festival of the Arts Will Make You Do a Double-Take!
- The Battle of the Magic Kingdom Mountains
- This Magic Kingdom Attraction Had the Longest Wait Time in Disney World!
- What’s the Best First Ride for Kids at Walt Disney World? Here’s What YOU Said!
- PHOTOS: Construction on EPCOT’s New Gelato Stand is Moving Along in Disney World!
- What’s the Difference Between Disney’s Early Theme Park Entry and Extra Magic Hours?
- NEWS: Another Disney Springs Retail Location Will Be Closing Permanently
- PHOTOS: A BIG Addition Just Arrived at the Future M&M’s Store in Disney World!
- The WEIRDEST Disney World Magic Shots of All Time!
- PHOTO: A New Flag is Hoisted Above Pirates of the Caribbean in Disney World!