Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World is set to undergo refurbishments and transformations this year.
Earlier, we announced that the guest rooms will be inspired by Moana, while other parts of the resort will receive enhancements as well. Disney JUST released a first look at the resort’s entryway concept with artist renderings and inspiration for the new design!
The reimagined entryway will debut in time for the Polynesian’s 50th anniversary. The guest drop-off entrance will be inspired by mid-century architecture, colors, and patterns that are already seen throughout the resort. It will be inspired by a thatch-roof style roofing with a high-pitched and open-truss design.
Guests will be greeted with a “bold façade that features pops of color complementing the Longhouses found throughout the resort.” The monorail station will also receive some attention and be covered with “geometric patterns in bright, tropical colors.” Similar to the indoor lobby, the entryway will feature dramatic lighting and a chandelier inspired by glass floats, fishing nets, and bamboo.
All of this combined with newly enhanced gardens and fountains will create a truly tropical feel! Due to the refurb, the hotel will not officially reopen until 2021.
While under construction, guests can still visit the Great Ceremonial House (i.e. the lobby), gift shops, and the available dining establishments. Disney Vacation Club rooms will remain open at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows too.
We’ll keep you updated as Disney releases more details for the newly reimagined resort!
Disney Hotel News!
- Which Disney World Resort is the Best Match for Your Personality?
- The Magic Kingdom Resorts Were Originally VERY Different
- Three Reasons You Should Stay in a Walt Disney World Moderate Resort
- AllEars TV: The BEST CHEAP Disney World Hotel
- In Defense of Taking a Nap During Your Disney World Park Day
- 14 Important New Details About Disney World’s Star Wars Hotel
- FULL Itinerary Revealed for Guests Staying at Disney World’s NEW Star Wars Hotel!
- PHOTOS: We Stayed in the NEW Rooms at One of Disney World’s Most Popular Hotels
- Four Overrated Walt Disney World Resort Hotels We’d Still Recommend
- What Does Disney World’s Star Wars Hotel Look Like Right Now?
What do you think of the new design? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!