Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World is set to undergo refurbishments and transformations this year.
Earlier, we announced that the guest rooms will be inspired by Moana, while other parts of the resort will receive enhancements as well. Disney JUST released a first look at the resort’s entryway concept with artist renderings and inspiration for the new design!
The reimagined entryway will debut in time for the Polynesian’s 50th anniversary. The guest drop-off entrance will be inspired by mid-century architecture, colors, and patterns that are already seen throughout the resort. It will be inspired by a thatch-roof style roofing with a high-pitched and open-truss design.
Guests will be greeted with a “bold façade that features pops of color complementing the Longhouses found throughout the resort.” The monorail station will also receive some attention and be covered with “geometric patterns in bright, tropical colors.” Similar to the indoor lobby, the entryway will feature dramatic lighting and a chandelier inspired by glass floats, fishing nets, and bamboo.
All of this combined with newly enhanced gardens and fountains will create a truly tropical feel! Due to the refurb, the hotel will not officially reopen until 2021.
While under construction, guests can still visit the Great Ceremonial House (i.e. the lobby), gift shops, and the available dining establishments. Disney Vacation Club rooms will remain open at Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows too.
We’ll keep you updated as Disney releases more details for the newly reimagined resort!
Disney Hotel News!
- PHOTOS: Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Has Officially Reopened!
- These Are the Dining Options Reopening with Disney’s Aulani Resort!
- PHOTOS: Construction Has Begun for This ICONIC Pool in Disney World
- NEWS! We Now Know the Grand Reopening Date for Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa!
- AllEars TV: Disney World’s Largest Resort is the ONLY Place to Find One Iconic Mickey Shaped Snack!
- NEWS! Disney World Allowing Guests Affected by Delayed Hotel Reopening to Modify Reservations at No Additional Cost
- There’s So Much to Do at This Walt Disney World Resort Hotel, You Don’t Even Need to Visit the Parks
- Concept Art Released for New DVC Tower Coming to Disneyland Resort!
- All Ears TV: We’ve Got the Deets on the 12 Best Things About the Contemporary Resort!
- It’s Official! Photos from the Grand Opening of Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
What do you think of the new design? Let us know in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!