If you were hoping to get flung into a briar patch today, you might not be able to, at least not at the moment.
Splash Mountain is temporarily closed right now, and while we were in Disney World we actually received a message alerting us to its unavailability.
We were checking the My Disney Experience app and suddenly we got the following pop-up message. The message is from Jason Kirk, Vice President of Magic Kingdom Park. In it, Kirk says that he’d like to apologize on behalf of the entire team at Magic Kingdom for Splash Mountain’s temporary unavailability. Kirk also indicates that the Cast Members have been working diligently to try to get the attraction up and running, and that the team is sorry guests are unable to experience the attraction at this time.
We received this pop-up message at around 2:15PM ET.
When we checked the Splash Mountain page around 2:40PM ET on My Disney Experience, it still indicated that the attraction was temporarily closed.
We’re not sure what has caused the attraction to become unavailable today or when it will be back up and running again, but we will keep an eye out for any more updates.
We’ve seen push messages from Disney in the past used to thank guests for wearing their masks and provide other updates, so it seems we’re continuing to see usage of these push messages to provide key information to guests in the parks.
Recent Stories about Disney World
- The EXCLUSIVE Annual Passholder Magnet is Now Available in Disney World
- Disney World’s 4th of July Wait Times Surprised Us
- AllEars TV: CONQUER The Most STRESSFUL Ride in Disney World’s EPCOT — Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Disney World’s 4th of July Crowds SURPRISED Us
- An Unexpected Disney World Ride Had LONG Wait Time Yesterday
- PHOTOS: Come With Us to Watch the Fourth of July Fireworks in Disney World!
- Which Disney World Annual Pass is the Best Value
- The One Disney World Ride That Just Can’t Catch a Break
- A Big TRON Update and More Construction Progress in Disney World
- 20 Best Things to Do in Disney World Without a Theme Park Ticket
Have you ever ridden Splash Mountain? Let us know in the comments.