If you were hoping to get flung into a briar patch today, you might not be able to, at least not at the moment.
Splash Mountain is temporarily closed right now, and while we were in Disney World we actually received a message alerting us to its unavailability.
We were checking the My Disney Experience app and suddenly we got the following pop-up message. The message is from Jason Kirk, Vice President of Magic Kingdom Park. In it, Kirk says that he’d like to apologize on behalf of the entire team at Magic Kingdom for Splash Mountain’s temporary unavailability. Kirk also indicates that the Cast Members have been working diligently to try to get the attraction up and running, and that the team is sorry guests are unable to experience the attraction at this time.
We received this pop-up message at around 2:15PM ET.
When we checked the Splash Mountain page around 2:40PM ET on My Disney Experience, it still indicated that the attraction was temporarily closed.
We’re not sure what has caused the attraction to become unavailable today or when it will be back up and running again, but we will keep an eye out for any more updates.
We’ve seen push messages from Disney in the past used to thank guests for wearing their masks and provide other updates, so it seems we’re continuing to see usage of these push messages to provide key information to guests in the parks.
Recent Stories about Disney World
- Did It Just Get EASIER To Get a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group in Disney World?
- How Disney Controls Shop Capacity May Be Changing Soon!
- Why Disney’s Latest Announcement is Such a Big Deal
- Disney World Has CHANGED How They Load a Popular Ride!
- We Spotted An Unexpected Change at Disney World’s Jungle Cruise Today!
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: See What Cinderella Castle Will Look Like For the Next Two Years!
- AllEars TV: The Secret to Having the Best Day in Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
- An EPCOT Store Will Temporarily Close Soon
- Find Out Who Made it to the Finals In the Disney World Ultimate Tournament!
- NEWS: Disney Changes Dress Code to Allow for Tattoos and Gender-Inclusive Hair
Have you ever ridden Splash Mountain? Let us know in the comments.