Cruise Lines all over the world have been affected by the global health crisis.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) allowed the “No Sail Order” (which advised cruises not to sail) to expire on October 31st. The CDC instead issued a new warning that “recommends that travelers defer all cruise travel worldwide.” While the “No Sail Order” expired, some Cruise Lines including Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruise Line, and now Disney have canceled sailings.
According to Orlando Sentinel, the CDC issued a new set of health mandates that would allow cruises to sail again. The Framework for Conditional Sailing Order required cruise lines to implement new procedures like increasing testing facilities on and off the ship, testing employees, and performing test sailings to ensure that the ship can sail safely.
The mandates must be in place before the cruise can depart with guests. Once the “No Sail Order” expired and the new framework was released, cruise lines began to cancel sailings for the rest of 2020. As of right now, sailings for Disney Cruise Line departures have been canceled through December 31st, 2020.
You can see a full list of the impacted sailings on Disney’s website including the ships and departure dates.
Guests with reservations between now and December 31st can either receive a cruise credit to put towards a future cruise vacation or request a reservation. Those who have not paid their vacation in full will receive an automatic refund. Contact Disney Cruise Line or your Travel Agent if you wish to make different arrangements.
- Only Select Guests Will Get to See Disney’s NEW Interactive Experience
- MORE Details Released About Disney Cruise Line’s Star Wars and Marvel Dining Experiences
- Why You’ll Have to Ride Disney Cruise Line’s First Attraction at Sea More Than Once!
- What Makes the Disney Wish Different Than Other Cruise Ships?
- More Disney Cruise Line Dates Added for 2022
- Preparing For Your Next Disney Cruise Just Got Easier!
- Will You Break YOUR Piggy Bank For ALL These Disney Cruise Line Offerings?
- Disney Cruise Line Debuts NEW Video Before Resuming This Summer
- NEWS: CDC Restrictions For Florida Cruises Lifted By Federal Court
- Disney Cruise Line Shares COVID-19 Testing Requirements For Return to Sailing
Have you sailed on a Disney Cruise Line? Let us know about your experience in the comments!
Join the AllEars.net Newsletter to stay on top of ALL the breaking Disney News! You'll also get access to AllEars tips, reviews, trivia, and MORE! Click here to Subscribe!